Laura McBride at College of Southern Nevada

Laura McBride

Number of ratings 45 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/8/14

Grade ReceivedA-

This class starts easy, then gets harder. About half my class dropped out. The main jist of it is that there are 3 'portfolios' due throughout the semester. She has the due date for everything lined up at the beginning of the semester. I learned a lot, but it's really just a lot of her talking in class. Going to class is 20% of your grade, so go.

5/4/14

ENG 102

She was great! Very helpful and clear about what she expects of you. But if you don't understand something, she is very willing to explain. 3 portfolios, but each have it's own unique assignment to do to help improve your writing skills. Everything you learn in this class will help you in other classes that require essay papers also.

3/6/14

ENG 102 and 298

I took two of her English courses in the same semester, and I'm SO glad I did. She is SUCH an amazing teacher. She's so intelligent, so patient, and really wants you to understand what you are reading. She'll go above & beyond for you as long as you show the effort. Her classes quickly became my favorite. Not always easy, but worth it in the end!

11/18/13

ENG102

Excellent teacher. Very clear and detailed. Loves literature and allows students to write about what things they enjoy. No tests, just 3 portfolios. There is definitely a lot of writing but it is an English class. The longest essay is 2400 words. Sometimes she treats you like child and counts down though.

11/5/13

ENG 102

She is great at teaching. She likes groups and you will do a lot of writing.

9/29/13

ENG231

Simply one of the finest professors I've ever had the good fortune to learn from. Very helpful, kind, and considerate of the students' understanding of literature. One of the best professors you can have at CSN.

4/23/13

Eng-4010

She is a great professor although she has us do a lot of unessessary stuff. I've learned a lot though, she has really helped me as a writer. Sometimes I feel like she treats us like we're children and has to time everything.

1/24/13

ENG102

Great professor. She will make you work for your grade but she is fair. Lessons are short and to the point. Overall great.

1/27/12

ENG101

i did the online class. it was alot of work, essays due weekly. She is extremely helpful returned email quick & took calls to help with clarification on homework. GREAT teacher but you will be writing alot.

12/26/11

Eng101

I learned so much from this professor. I took her summer class as one of my first college classes and it has better prepared me for all my classes! I looked for her for 102 but no so luck. Highly recommend this class if you truly want to improve your writing.

2/2/11

Eng101

I took her online class. She is very fair in grading everything. She offers explanations and directions that couldn't be more clear. The best advice I can give is to do the essay you need AS SOON AS YOU GET THE ASSIGNMENT. Procrastination=certain demise. Be open to criticism, take her advice, and grow as a writer :)

1/18/11

ENG101

Great online class. You must complete the assignments on time. She is fair in her assessment.

1/14/11

eng102

Very clear instructions and expectations. Easy to get an A if you go to class.

1/13/11

ENG101

Prof. Laura McBride-the best English teacher I've ever had.Thorough and clear with her instruction;very helpful;answers questions profoundly;takes time to read and comment on essays;very fair in grading students' works;kind,patient,helpful;takes teaching seriously;funny at times.Just be open to cricisms,participate,be on time and you'll be fine.

12/22/10

eng101

Professor Mcbride has a demanding ciriculum but if you keep up she is fair in her grading system. She repsonds to questions in a timley manner and is a very helpful person. This course is tough but fair.

11/21/10

ENG102

This class is not difficult; it is challenging. You will have to challenge yourself in this class. There are only three portfolios due, but they will definitely keep you busy. She has been a great teacher this semester. Just don't get behind!

10/6/10

ENG102

AWESOME teacher. Not the easiest class ever, but don't procrastinate and you'll do fine. You'll definitely learn a lot, she's a great teacher.

6/5/10

Eng102

Professor McBride was overall an easy professor. She's very nice and the work is relatively easy. Just show up and listen to what shes saying and you'll get an A. I hated how she would assign 2 1/2-3 page papers several weeks in a row and want them done in 2 days. That got tiring but overall it was a great class.

5/28/10

ENG102

Great teacher and great class. She is a tough teacher and there is quite a bit of work involved, but as long as you don't slack off, you will do fine. She is a tough grader, but very understanding. You will learn SO MUCH. Awesome class and awesome teacher, I reccomend it completely.

5/19/10

ENG101

Professor McBride is an excellent teacher and pushes her students to discover their potential. I took her class online and it was very demanding, but I learned a lot and came out with an A. I appreciate that she takes our education seriously and encourages us to do the same. I will never look at writing the same again. VERY GOOD!

More English professors at College of Southern Nevada