in Portland Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Portland Community College, Portland, OR
are you Diane Whitfield?

09/28/2014
good
MTH 251 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "Would take again" "There for you"

Diane is a wonderful person who always offers homework help and office hours. She knows math and is extremely experienced at teaching. I would take her again any day. I you attend class and ask questions this class will be a piece of cake.

07/03/2014
good
MATH 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Diane was such a great teacher! She has such a love of math and shows it in her teaching. She is always willing to help a student who is struggling in math, which was me. If you want to actually learn math and have it be taught to you in a way you can understand take her!

06/19/2014
good
MTH112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She teaches very clear and tries to help all students with different examples. If you do homework and review test reviews that she provides before each test you will get an easy A.

06/17/2014
good
MTH251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is so helpful and clear. she helps a lot, and she is so sweet. you will love her.

05/21/2014
Math 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

After reading enthusiastic reviews, I was looking forward towards attending this class. But after her confusing, horrible, horrible lectures, I am disappointed with my overall experience. The homework is minimal, and reflects nothing on her exams. In addition, her exam reviews are horrendous. Do not take this course.

05/14/2014
good
MTH 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

She is clear and covers most details you need to succeed. Some things needed to be found in the textbook, but overall her lectures were good. If she explained it, she explained it better than the book. Reasonable amount of homework, and reasonable questions on exams. Do the homework, go to class, and ask questions and you'll do great.

04/26/2014
MTH 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't think I've ever met a more boring, unenthusiastic, less passionate teacher in my life. I went in eager and excited to take calc but ultimately dropped because she is boring and her lecture are confusing. She could not stray from what the book taught and could not explain what exactly her lectures were getting at. DO NOT TAKE HER.

04/14/2014
MTH 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very boring teacher. Has very little self confidence & states nearly every sentence as a question. Obviously very smart, but does not shown any passion; lectures are pretty dry. Lectures are sometimes confusing, but do ALL the hw (graded & participation hw), ALL the lab work & you'll lecture will clarify themselves. Would not take her again though.

10/01/2013
good

Tests were clear and concise.Definitely recommend!

08/02/2013
good
Math 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I struggled in math 112 with a different teacher last quarter (Ross Kouzes) who was more interested in showing us how hard trig could be instead of helping us out. I took the class over again with Diane and she makes everything very clear and understandable and she is a fun teacher as well. Very fair. I have an A and got a 96 on my first test.

04/02/2013
good

I took MTH 112 in the fall with a different professor and had to withdraw by week 8 but this term I found Professor Whitfield and got an A. She explains the concepts well and provides reviews and some extra credit. The homework can be challenging. She clearly enjoys what she does and I liked her so much I signed up for her Calc class.

02/09/2013
good
Math251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved her so much! She was very clear, and her quizzes were one or two questions from her book. We were allowed to look at our homework so it was an open book quiz. As far as the exams go, her study guides really helped a lot, and was able to get an A. Not only about the grade, but she made math so much easier! Take her class:)

12/14/2012
MTH251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sweet teacher. Very hard exams. Attend all classes! TAKE ALL THE NOTES! Her clarity can be a bit not clear at times-but only because she gets so excited about the math. Willing to help if asked. Not sure that I would take her again, but she may work for some people. KNOW YOUR ALGEBRA!!!!! (general 251 advice) The calc text book is a bit unhelpful.

09/01/2012
MTH112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is a sweet lady. She knows her stuff. Her voice (and class) are boring, but nothing unbearable. Tests are HARD! but if you do your homework and in-class worksheets and quizes, you will be fine. It was not an easy A.

09/01/2012
good
Math112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is very nice, sweet and approachable. She never makes you feel dumb for asking a question. The first test was easy, the mid term was medium-difficulty, and the final was hard. However I felt like it really reflected what we learned, and there were no tricks. She gave us a little extra credit, too (6 points total all term, but everything helps!)

07/30/2010
good
Math112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A very good instructor. She was helpful and easy to listen to. Material and expectations were clear. A good teacher interested in helping students to learn.

09/28/2005
good
Math 60 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very nice lady. Knows what she is doing and is very helpful. Just do the homework and the class is a peice of cake.