in Portland Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Portland Community College, Portland, OR
are you Diane Whitfield?

09/28/2014
good
MTH 251 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Would take again" "Hilarious"

Diane is a wonderful person who always offers homework help and office hours. She knows math and is extremely experienced at teaching. I would take her again any day. I you attend class and ask questions this class will be a piece of cake.

07/03/2014
good
MATH 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Diane was such a great teacher! She has such a love of math and shows it in her teaching. She is always willing to help a student who is struggling in math, which was me. If you want to actually learn math and have it be taught to you in a way you can understand take her!

06/19/2014
good
MTH112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She teaches very clear and tries to help all students with different examples. If you do homework and review test reviews that she provides before each test you will get an easy A.

06/17/2014
good
MTH251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is so helpful and clear. she helps a lot, and she is so sweet. you will love her.

05/21/2014
Math 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

After reading enthusiastic reviews, I was looking forward towards attending this class. But after her confusing, horrible, horrible lectures, I am disappointed with my overall experience. The homework is minimal, and reflects nothing on her exams. In addition, her exam reviews are horrendous. Do not take this course.

05/14/2014
good
MTH 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

She is clear and covers most details you need to succeed. Some things needed to be found in the textbook, but overall her lectures were good. If she explained it, she explained it better than the book. Reasonable amount of homework, and reasonable questions on exams. Do the homework, go to class, and ask questions and you'll do great.

04/26/2014
MTH 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't think I've ever met a more boring, unenthusiastic, less passionate teacher in my life. I went in eager and excited to take calc but ultimately dropped because she is boring and her lecture are confusing. She could not stray from what the book taught and could not explain what exactly her lectures were getting at. DO NOT TAKE HER.

04/14/2014
MTH 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very boring teacher. Has very little self confidence & states nearly every sentence as a question. Obviously very smart, but does not shown any passion; lectures are pretty dry. Lectures are sometimes confusing, but do ALL the hw (graded & participation hw), ALL the lab work & you'll lecture will clarify themselves. Would not take her again though.

10/01/2013
good

Tests were clear and concise.Definitely recommend!

08/02/2013
good
Math 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I struggled in math 112 with a different teacher last quarter (Ross Kouzes) who was more interested in showing us how hard trig could be instead of helping us out. I took the class over again with Diane and she makes everything very clear and understandable and she is a fun teacher as well. Very fair. I have an A and got a 96 on my first test.