Diane Whitfield at Portland Community College

Diane Whitfield

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/14/14

MTH 251

Very boring teacher. Has very little self confidence & states nearly every sentence as a question. Obviously very smart, but does not shown any passion; lectures are pretty dry. Lectures are sometimes confusing, but do ALL the hw (graded & participation hw), ALL the lab work & you'll lecture will clarify themselves. Would not take her again though.

10/1/13

MTH251

Tests were clear and concise.Definitely recommend!

8/2/13

Math 112

I struggled in math 112 with a different teacher last quarter (Ross Kouzes) who was more interested in showing us how hard trig could be instead of helping us out. I took the class over again with Diane and she makes everything very clear and understandable and she is a fun teacher as well. Very fair. I have an A and got a 96 on my first test.

4/2/13

Math 112

I took MTH 112 in the fall with a different professor and had to withdraw by week 8 but this term I found Professor Whitfield and got an A. She explains the concepts well and provides reviews and some extra credit. The homework can be challenging. She clearly enjoys what she does and I liked her so much I signed up for her Calc class.

2/9/13

Math251

I loved her so much! She was very clear, and her quizzes were one or two questions from her book. We were allowed to look at our homework so it was an open book quiz. As far as the exams go, her study guides really helped a lot, and was able to get an A. Not only about the grade, but she made math so much easier! Take her class:)

12/14/12

MTH251

Sweet teacher. Very hard exams. Attend all classes! TAKE ALL THE NOTES! Her clarity can be a bit not clear at times-but only because she gets so excited about the math. Willing to help if asked. Not sure that I would take her again, but she may work for some people. KNOW YOUR ALGEBRA!!!!! (general 251 advice) The calc text book is a bit unhelpful.

9/1/12

MTH112

She is a sweet lady. She knows her stuff. Her voice (and class) are boring, but nothing unbearable. Tests are HARD! but if you do your homework and in-class worksheets and quizes, you will be fine. It was not an easy A.

9/1/12

Math112

She is very nice, sweet and approachable. She never makes you feel dumb for asking a question. The first test was easy, the mid term was medium-difficulty, and the final was hard. However I felt like it really reflected what we learned, and there were no tricks. She gave us a little extra credit, too (6 points total all term, but everything helps!)

7/30/10

Math112

A very good instructor. She was helpful and easy to listen to. Material and expectations were clear. A good teacher interested in helping students to learn.

9/28/05

Math 60

Very nice lady. Knows what she is doing and is very helpful. Just do the homework and the class is a peice of cake.

More Mathematics professors at Portland Community College