in Lansing Community College that teach English Edit
at Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI
are you Cynthia Thomas?
C

05/06/2014
SPCH110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

WARNING! One of the worst teachers at LCC, by far. I never knew what my grade was. There were so many random assignments and I never knew what was going on. Also, we didn't finish about 3 sections of the material planned for the semester. Just forget taking this class with her. The only reason I passed was because I had previous speech classes.

04/08/2014
SPCH 130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good luck trying to find your grade, no communication at all, ou ask her any questions and she treats you like you should already know that, shes never greeted me with a smile, she always gives me grief. Im to point to where I don't go to class unless I have to. If your not her favorite, then forget communicating with her.

12/18/2013
spch 120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This was hybrid. Comments are spot on. Horrible communication. Didn't know final grade until LCC posted in banner. Condescending. Seems to dislike her job. Expectations unclear. Class had 35 students to start. Dropped quickly to 13. Would not recommend. I will say she did include a job search unit which I did find helpful.

12/01/2013
Writ 127 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: C

This teacher is officially now my worst professor i have taken in college. Completely not helpful at all, gives me great feedback in assignments i complete yet gives me poor grades. We are all in college to learn, give us a break. We are not Dean Koontz. Overall, terrible teacher. Good luck with knowing what your grades are.

07/30/2013
COM-110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

What they said. She is frustratingly vague with assignments. Her personality is good, but her teaching skills are off.

04/24/2013
comm 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

dont really teach much barriers report due before she talks about barriers

08/21/2012
good
WRIT124 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a very techinical. She is very patient with her students. Very pleasant personality. She explains the course. I would recommend her for any writing class.

07/10/2012
good
Writ124 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is a very good teacher for Technical Writing. She listens and understands and accepts any feedback you have. She never "downs" anyone, and she is very patient with her students. Very pleasant personality. She explains the course to fullest extent and clearly understood. I would recommend her for any writing class.

07/03/2012
spch110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

don't ask her for help, she will make you feel bad about yourself and not give good feedback.

04/05/2012
SPCH120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher. She is vauge, she doesn't announce due dates, she often expects you to do assignments with out actual instructions, and to find out your grade ever in the semester you have to ask her. And she is usually behind on them.

03/22/2012
SPCH120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

For a communication teacher, she is not an effective communicator. Read your textbook, she doesn't explain much of anything at all. Make sure to NOT go over on your time, she doesn't really explain it to you. She doesn't explain much of anything at all. I'm not sure how I passed that class with a 4.0

11/20/2011
sph120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Nice person but HORRIBLE instructor. There's no other way to describe this individual. Would've been a great class if she was able to COMMUNICATE what she expected of her students. My grade was above a 3.0 so you can get a good grade it's just difficult.

06/21/2010
spch110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Just read the comments below. Horrible teacher. I never knew my grade until the class was over. By far thee worst teacher at LCC, with no close second.

12/15/2009
Spch110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Cynthia is a very nice lady. But this class did NOT stay schedule with her syllabus at all. We didn't even have enough time to take a final exam, & we didnt have midterm either. Just speeches & papers make up this class. -Tardy A LOT. If u only need a 2.0 - take it. easy 2.0. Also no1 in class knew our grades til 2nd last class of semester.

12/06/2009
Spch110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

HORRIBLE TEACHER! she picks favorites,hands out 4.0's to horrible speakers yet fails good speeches, is very unclear on assignments and due dates. she is the worst professer i have ever had and my speech has not improved at all. she was a mistake for me to take. she is also always late for my class and that is because she goes to the food court.

11/18/2009
spch120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

some things done in this class are not very productive and some days it is not even worth going to class.

10/25/2009
SPCH110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

For a speech instructor, she doesn't really know how to speak that well.

09/26/2007
SPCH120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who's had issues with this professor. Only once so far this semester has she been on time. On average, she shows up to class between five and ten minutes late.

07/31/2006
Spch 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Horrible professor. Avoid her. Exactly as everyone else says. Not clear on due dates or even content of assignments. Most of my peers felt exactly the same way.

04/11/2006
WRIT 127 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Avoid this instructor. She is by far the worst instructor that I have ever had. She constantly changes due dates for assignments and is not clear on what she is looking for until the final draft is given back. Does not hand back all assignments turned in. Does not speak clearly in class and often mumbles, making for a very confusing class.