Cynthia Thomas at Lansing Community College

Cynthia Thomas

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

5/6/14

SPCH110

WARNING! One of the worst teachers at LCC, by far. I never knew what my grade was. There were so many random assignments and I never knew what was going on. Also, we didn't finish about 3 sections of the material planned for the semester. Just forget taking this class with her. The only reason I passed was because I had previous speech classes.

4/8/14

SPCH 130

Good luck trying to find your grade, no communication at all, ou ask her any questions and she treats you like you should already know that, shes never greeted me with a smile, she always gives me grief. Im to point to where I don't go to class unless I have to. If your not her favorite, then forget communicating with her.

12/18/13

spch 120

This was hybrid. Comments are spot on. Horrible communication. Didn't know final grade until LCC posted in banner. Condescending. Seems to dislike her job. Expectations unclear. Class had 35 students to start. Dropped quickly to 13. Would not recommend. I will say she did include a job search unit which I did find helpful.

12/1/13

Writ 127

Grade ReceivedC

This teacher is officially now my worst professor i have taken in college. Completely not helpful at all, gives me great feedback in assignments i complete yet gives me poor grades. We are all in college to learn, give us a break. We are not Dean Koontz. Overall, terrible teacher. Good luck with knowing what your grades are.

7/30/13

COM-110

What they said. She is frustratingly vague with assignments. Her personality is good, but her teaching skills are off.

4/24/13

comm 110

dont really teach much barriers report due before she talks about barriers

8/21/12

WRIT124

She is a very techinical. She is very patient with her students. Very pleasant personality. She explains the course. I would recommend her for any writing class.

7/10/12

Writ124

She is a very good teacher for Technical Writing. She listens and understands and accepts any feedback you have. She never "downs" anyone, and she is very patient with her students. Very pleasant personality. She explains the course to fullest extent and clearly understood. I would recommend her for any writing class.

7/3/12

spch110

don't ask her for help, she will make you feel bad about yourself and not give good feedback.

4/5/12

SPCH120

Horrible teacher. She is vauge, she doesn't announce due dates, she often expects you to do assignments with out actual instructions, and to find out your grade ever in the semester you have to ask her. And she is usually behind on them.

3/22/12

SPCH120

For a communication teacher, she is not an effective communicator. Read your textbook, she doesn't explain much of anything at all. Make sure to NOT go over on your time, she doesn't really explain it to you. She doesn't explain much of anything at all. I'm not sure how I passed that class with a 4.0

11/20/11

sph120

Nice person but HORRIBLE instructor. There's no other way to describe this individual. Would've been a great class if she was able to COMMUNICATE what she expected of her students. My grade was above a 3.0 so you can get a good grade it's just difficult.

6/21/10

spch110

Just read the comments below. Horrible teacher. I never knew my grade until the class was over. By far thee worst teacher at LCC, with no close second.

12/15/09

Spch110

Cynthia is a very nice lady. But this class did NOT stay schedule with her syllabus at all. We didn't even have enough time to take a final exam, & we didnt have midterm either. Just speeches & papers make up this class. -Tardy A LOT. If u only need a 2.0 - take it. easy 2.0. Also no1 in class knew our grades til 2nd last class of semester.

12/6/09

Spch110

HORRIBLE TEACHER! she picks favorites,hands out 4.0's to horrible speakers yet fails good speeches, is very unclear on assignments and due dates. she is the worst professer i have ever had and my speech has not improved at all. she was a mistake for me to take. she is also always late for my class and that is because she goes to the food court.

11/18/09

spch120

some things done in this class are not very productive and some days it is not even worth going to class.

10/25/09

SPCH110

For a speech instructor, she doesn't really know how to speak that well.

9/26/07

SPCH120

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who's had issues with this professor. Only once so far this semester has she been on time. On average, she shows up to class between five and ten minutes late.

7/31/06

Spch 110

Horrible professor. Avoid her. Exactly as everyone else says. Not clear on due dates or even content of assignments. Most of my peers felt exactly the same way.

4/11/06

WRIT 127

Avoid this instructor. She is by far the worst instructor that I have ever had. She constantly changes due dates for assignments and is not clear on what she is looking for until the final draft is given back. Does not hand back all assignments turned in. Does not speak clearly in class and often mumbles, making for a very confusing class.

More English professors at Lansing Community College