Barry Dubner at Barry University (all)

Barry Dubner

Number of ratings 13 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/12/13

Contracts 1

I had Professor Dubner for both Contracts and Secured Transactions while we were at Cooley. He does not suffer fools lightly and he is a very good teacher.

5/11/12

BILLS01

I had Professor Dubner for Bills and Notes (Commercial Paper) at Stetson University in Spring Semester 1980. Excellent teacher, helpful to those who are prepared and who ask for help, great motivator.

1/14/11

INTL1

Brilliant and no nonsense. You will get admonished if unprepared.

12/3/10

InterLaw

Rude to students. Very boring. I took international law and did not learn anything at all. He makes you feel stupid.

8/1/06

Commercial Law

Dubner is a very good professor. He expects you to be ready for class, but if you are not ready and you tell him ahead (even via email), he will not call on you. He will spend as much time with you as you need. He does not read from the book, but he does over almost ALL the exercises in the book. He is also a fair grader, and for that, I recomm

5/12/06

Commercial Law

He teaches by doing examples, but he does expect you to be prepared for class. However, if you tell him that you aren't prepared, he'll let you stay in class. He also lets you email him with which case you want to brief, so no fear of the socratic method.

2/26/06

Contracts II

Seems much more helpful this semester than last.. I guess he figures maybe we're not so dumb since some of us did well in his class. :-)

12/16/05

Contracts

Run. Run far, far away. He reads out of the book. I mean come-on stop being so GD lazy and teach. The most helpful thing in that class is movie review. I swear it's like I'm being taught by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Pick a personality and stick with it for cryin-out-loud!

11/18/05

Contracts

Very hard to follow, and he will throw you out of class if he thinks you're unprepared.

11/12/05

Contracts

Dubner teaches the course that most of us just dont handle well, contracts. Cases are old, the language is difficult & I think it has little to do with Dubner. He encourages students to come see him if we need help; the fact is the class requires alot of preparation and alot of us, myself included are slacking. The good news is, the end is near.

10/21/05

10/19/05

Contracts 1

Incredibly brilliant and especially helpful outside of class. I just wish he there was more application of the law during his lectures.

10/13/05

CONTRACTS

This guy is basically insane. He mumbles through class and reads from the teacher's edition. Why is this old fossil still teaching? He wears the same thing all the time, sometime changing the pastel color of his shirts. I dread this class all the time, god help us all!

More Law professors at Barry University (all)

1.7