in Barry University (all) that teach Law Edit
at Barry University (all), Miami Shores, FL
are you Barry Dubner?

05/12/2013
good
Contracts 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Professor Dubner for both Contracts and Secured Transactions while we were at Cooley. He does not suffer fools lightly and he is a very good teacher.

05/11/2012
good
BILLS01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Professor Dubner for Bills and Notes (Commercial Paper) at Stetson University in Spring Semester 1980. Excellent teacher, helpful to those who are prepared and who ask for help, great motivator.

01/14/2011
good
INTL1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant and no nonsense. You will get admonished if unprepared.

12/03/2010
InterLaw Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Rude to students. Very boring. I took international law and did not learn anything at all. He makes you feel stupid.

08/01/2006
good
Commercial Law Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dubner is a very good professor. He expects you to be ready for class, but if you are not ready and you tell him ahead (even via email), he will not call on you. He will spend as much time with you as you need. He does not read from the book, but he does over almost ALL the exercises in the book. He is also a fair grader, and for that, I recomm

05/12/2006
good
Commercial Law Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He teaches by doing examples, but he does expect you to be prepared for class. However, if you tell him that you aren't prepared, he'll let you stay in class. He also lets you email him with which case you want to brief, so no fear of the socratic method.

02/26/2006
good
Contracts II Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Seems much more helpful this semester than last.. I guess he figures maybe we're not so dumb since some of us did well in his class. :-)

12/16/2005
Contracts Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Run. Run far, far away. He reads out of the book. I mean come-on stop being so GD lazy and teach. The most helpful thing in that class is movie review. I swear it's like I'm being taught by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Pick a personality and stick with it for cryin-out-loud!

11/18/2005
Contracts Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very hard to follow, and he will throw you out of class if he thinks you're unprepared.

11/12/2005

Dubner teaches the course that most of us just dont handle well, contracts. Cases are old, the language is difficult & I think it has little to do with Dubner. He encourages students to come see him if we need help; the fact is the class requires alot of preparation and alot of us, myself included are slacking. The good news is, the end is near.