in Indiana University Bloomington that teach Sociology Edit
are you Martin Weinberg?
B+

06/02/2014
good
S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

Professor Weinberg is an example of a teacher who truly cares about his students. He uses his extensive knowledge in the field of sex research to create a classroom environment which focuses on learning but in a way that is both exciting & interesting. Just complete the readings (very interesting) and study guides and you will excel in the course.

05/03/2014
good
SOC S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Weinberg is a great professor and really knows his information. Class is easy, but tests can be challenging. As long as you take notes in class, do the reading, attend class, and utilize the study guide, you'll be fine. Study guides are amazingly helpful for exams! He also keeps lecture interesting with his crazy stories and experiences!

04/24/2014
SOC S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B-

Martin is funny. This class is interesting but not easy. Tests are hard. Make sure you take good notes. All in all I'm glad I took the course but I wish it was a tad less stressful. Attendance is mandatory.

11/19/2013
good
SOC 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Weinberg is an incredibly knowledgeable and experienced academic. His lectures are always enhanced by stories from his years of research in his field. S321 is a perfectly manageable class, provided one is willing to do the readings, attend lecture, and pay attention. His outlines and study guides make acing tests very possible.

11/18/2013
good
SOC-S422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

S422 is both interesting and extremely informative. It turned out to be the best class I took in my 4 years at IU. Professor Weinberg is not just an average professor. He is a well-known researcher that truly knows the information he lectures about. I strongly advise any student that has a chance to take a class with Weinberg to do so.

11/04/2013
good
SOC-S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I originally signed up to take this class because the topic sounded intriguing. The course proved to be my favorite of my four years in college! "Uncle Marty" is hilarious and has a great way of keeping the class interesting with anecdotes and personal experience from his research. I found myself looking forward to his lectures every week.

02/25/2013
good
S4221982 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I initially took this class to fulfill a requirement, but found it to be one of my favorite classes and Dr. Weinberg one of my favorite professors! Dr. Weinberg is invested in the class, as well as in helping students learn and do well the course. His lectures are always engaging and entertaining, as he adds his one-of-a-kind humor to the class.

02/24/2013
good
SOCS422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Marty’s expertise & his hilarious anecdotes make for an informative & enjoyable class. I’ve not had another professor as invested in his students as Marty, who challenges them not to memorize the material but to actually understand it. It may seem demanding but you will get more from studying under Marty than from any other class at IU. Guaranteed.

02/24/2013
good
SocS321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Uncle Marty is one of the funniest professors I have ever had. There is never a dull moment in his class! If you pay attention during lecture, keep up with the readings, and review before the test, you will do fine. There are very few surprises. He tells you what short answer questions will be on the test, and he offers a lot of extra credit.

01/31/2013
good
SOC321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have to say that initially I enrolled in this class because filled a requirement and fit with my schedule. But I am so glad I did. I loved this class. Uncle Marty is so laid back and quick to make jokes on what can be serious material, which made the class fun. I learned so much. If you are on the edge... take this class! You won't regret it.