in Indiana University Bloomington that teach Sociology Edit
are you Martin Weinberg?
B+

06/02/2014
good
S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

Professor Weinberg is an example of a teacher who truly cares about his students. He uses his extensive knowledge in the field of sex research to create a classroom environment which focuses on learning but in a way that is both exciting & interesting. Just complete the readings (very interesting) and study guides and you will excel in the course.

05/03/2014
good
SOC S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Weinberg is a great professor and really knows his information. Class is easy, but tests can be challenging. As long as you take notes in class, do the reading, attend class, and utilize the study guide, you'll be fine. Study guides are amazingly helpful for exams! He also keeps lecture interesting with his crazy stories and experiences!

04/24/2014
SOC S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B-

Martin is funny. This class is interesting but not easy. Tests are hard. Make sure you take good notes. All in all I'm glad I took the course but I wish it was a tad less stressful. Attendance is mandatory.

11/19/2013
good
SOC 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Weinberg is an incredibly knowledgeable and experienced academic. His lectures are always enhanced by stories from his years of research in his field. S321 is a perfectly manageable class, provided one is willing to do the readings, attend lecture, and pay attention. His outlines and study guides make acing tests very possible.

11/18/2013
good
SOC-S422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

S422 is both interesting and extremely informative. It turned out to be the best class I took in my 4 years at IU. Professor Weinberg is not just an average professor. He is a well-known researcher that truly knows the information he lectures about. I strongly advise any student that has a chance to take a class with Weinberg to do so.

11/04/2013
good
SOC-S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I originally signed up to take this class because the topic sounded intriguing. The course proved to be my favorite of my four years in college! "Uncle Marty" is hilarious and has a great way of keeping the class interesting with anecdotes and personal experience from his research. I found myself looking forward to his lectures every week.

02/25/2013
good
S4221982 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I initially took this class to fulfill a requirement, but found it to be one of my favorite classes and Dr. Weinberg one of my favorite professors! Dr. Weinberg is invested in the class, as well as in helping students learn and do well the course. His lectures are always engaging and entertaining, as he adds his one-of-a-kind humor to the class.

02/24/2013
good
SOCS422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Marty’s expertise & his hilarious anecdotes make for an informative & enjoyable class. I’ve not had another professor as invested in his students as Marty, who challenges them not to memorize the material but to actually understand it. It may seem demanding but you will get more from studying under Marty than from any other class at IU. Guaranteed.

02/24/2013
good
SocS321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Uncle Marty is one of the funniest professors I have ever had. There is never a dull moment in his class! If you pay attention during lecture, keep up with the readings, and review before the test, you will do fine. There are very few surprises. He tells you what short answer questions will be on the test, and he offers a lot of extra credit.

01/31/2013
good
SOC321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have to say that initially I enrolled in this class because filled a requirement and fit with my schedule. But I am so glad I did. I loved this class. Uncle Marty is so laid back and quick to make jokes on what can be serious material, which made the class fun. I learned so much. If you are on the edge... take this class! You won't regret it.

04/03/2012
good
SOCS321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Uncle Marty is literally the funniest professor I've ever had. He makes lecture extremely understandable and is very willing to explain material if you don't undestand. He's very knowledgeable on this subject matter and injects personal experiences into lecture, which is fantastic. Exams are not easy but definitely do-able if you study.

02/20/2012
SOC422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His classes are very difficult. I love the material but I recommend you have a light schedule if you take one of his classes. I took 18 credit hours and it was hard to keep up with all of the reading you have to do for his class. He is a great teacher, but the concepts are very complex. Prepare to devote A LOT of time to his classes.

02/10/2012
good
SSOCS321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Marty is wonderful! He's a laid back who makes what some would consider and uncomfortable topic enjoyable to learn. He's always good for a laugh, and though his class is long, it's intriguing and engaging. He is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and always happy to hear student input. Overall, a great class and a wonderful professor.

02/07/2012
good
SOC321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Weinberg is a brilliant man who loves to teach. An expert in his field, he provides interesting and insightful information. He always mixes humor into his lectures and is a joy to be around in and outside of the classroom. I would highly recommend any and all of his classes!

05/09/2011
good
SOCS321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Uncle Marty is the man. If you have no sense of humor, don't take his class. The man has seen everything when it comes to sexuality, and really knows his stuff. Some parts of lecture can be dry, but overall, it is very impressive. Tests are pretty tough, and a good amount of reading is required, but it's worth it in my opinion.

08/02/2010
good
SOC422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Incredible instructor and person. Very insightful and wise. Hilarious man but if you are offended easily don't take his course. But if you do take one of his courses (which you SHOULD) grow up and, pull your head out of your ass and realize that he's just trying to have a good time. His class is a blast!

04/08/2010
SOC321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Found him funny for about a day. Then it got old. Pointless topics, know-it-all teacher, impossible exams. Textbook has nothing to do with lecture so it's basically like studying for two tests at once. Extremely confused by the positive posts- more confused as to how this man holds a job here. Half the class dropped after the 2nd test! AVOID!!!

02/22/2010
S321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love informal relationships between students and instructors, but 'Marty' makes inappropriate jokes left and right. He knows the material but he's old and burnt out so he forgets that it's new material for the students. Interesting topic, but he manages to make it boring! Skip the textbook but buy the study guide.

08/29/2009
good
SOC422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The class is hard. All blue-book exams. But if you pay attention, participate, and study hard you can get an A+ like I did. =)

03/01/2009
good

Marty is definitely one of the best professors at IU. I went into 422 thinking that I was as open-minded as it gets regarding sexuality, and he managed to challenge some preconceived notions I didn't even know I had! If you can't take insulting jokes, you may get your feelings hurt, but it's just in jest (usually). And don't expect to slack off...