in Morehead State University that teach Chemistry Edit
Professor in the Chemistry department
at Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
are you Zexia Barnes?

05/08/2014
Chem 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is by far the worst professor that I have had the misfortune to take. She'll start teaching material and have to completely start over because she told us wrong. The material on the tests are not what you learned in class at all and she's not helpful at all. I would NEVER take her or recommend her. Do NOT take her unless absolutely necessary!!!

02/19/2014
CHEM 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Barnes is by far the worst professor I have ever had. She doesn't explain the material well, she refuses to help even if you go to her office and ask, and the material she puts on the exams aren't even what she went over in class. I definitely wouldn't recommend her class.

09/30/2013
Chem 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Barnes is a very helpful individual although at times she can be difficult to understand, she is funny.

12/10/2012
good
Chem111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

USE your book. When she suggests it at the beginning of the course, she isn't kidding. Always print her power points. And she is very helpful so always go to her office!

10/25/2012
good
CHEM111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Keep in mind, you're in college now. Therefore a lot of work is left up to you, not your professor. She goes over things very quickly and the material is difficult, especially if you have no prior chemistry classes. However Barnes is always willing to help you in and our of class, or answer any questions. Go to her office if you ever have problems.

03/27/2012
Chem112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She gives no work of her own, you have to do web assign, which does not relate to class or test. The tests never have what they are supposed to have on them, and there isn't enough time to work them out. She only uses a few minutes out of each meeting to instruct, the rest is wasted. I have A's in everything else and graduated valedictorian from HS

07/14/2010
good
CHEM111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is very helpful but her class isnt easy.

04/13/2010
good
Chem112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a very good professor. I am happy I took the class.

03/28/2010
good
CHEM112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr. Barnes for my Chem 112 lecture, and I must say that I don't mind her lectures and how she teaches, but I would check and see if she will use WebAssign before taking her, that is what her homework is on now. I am having tons of trouble with it. The questions are worded awkwardly.

01/04/2010
CHEM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She refuses to help students pass unless you go and see her after every class and ask her questions, I didn't have time to do so. So I recieved a D.. She likes the letter E I suppose...