Zexia Barnes at Morehead State University

Zexia Barnes

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/19/14

CHEM 101

Professor Barnes is by far the worst professor I have ever had. She doesn't explain the material well, she refuses to help even if you go to her office and ask, and the material she puts on the exams aren't even what she went over in class. I definitely wouldn't recommend her class.

9/30/13

Chem 112

Barnes is a very helpful individual although at times she can be difficult to understand, she is funny.

12/10/12

Chem111

USE your book. When she suggests it at the beginning of the course, she isn't kidding. Always print her power points. And she is very helpful so always go to her office!

10/25/12

CHEM111

Keep in mind, you're in college now. Therefore a lot of work is left up to you, not your professor. She goes over things very quickly and the material is difficult, especially if you have no prior chemistry classes. However Barnes is always willing to help you in and our of class, or answer any questions. Go to her office if you ever have problems.

3/27/12

Chem112

She gives no work of her own, you have to do web assign, which does not relate to class or test. The tests never have what they are supposed to have on them, and there isn't enough time to work them out. She only uses a few minutes out of each meeting to instruct, the rest is wasted. I have A's in everything else and graduated valedictorian from HS

7/14/10

CHEM111

She is very helpful but her class isnt easy.

4/13/10

Chem112

She is a very good professor. I am happy I took the class.

3/28/10

CHEM112

I had Dr. Barnes for my Chem 112 lecture, and I must say that I don't mind her lectures and how she teaches, but I would check and see if she will use WebAssign before taking her, that is what her homework is on now. I am having tons of trouble with it. The questions are worded awkwardly.

1/4/10

CHEM101

She refuses to help students pass unless you go and see her after every class and ask her questions, I didn't have time to do so. So I recieved a D.. She likes the letter E I suppose...

12/13/09

Chem101

worst professor i have ever had. she is horrible at explaining the material. she is very scatterbrained and i would not suggest her for any class!

11/12/09

CHEM101

She explains the material better than other professors.

9/28/09

CHEM101

I believe Mrs. Barnes is a great professor!! I was extremely worried about taking chemistry and maintaining a good GPA, but as long as you pay attention, here class is very useful and great! If I have to take another chemistry class, I will definately try to get her!

7/23/09

Chem111L

Took her for lab, She gave me an A was very helpful, the only reason I got a C overall in general chemistry is Dr. Barnes. She's friendly and funny. I found the lab to be easy and very fun. I have heard from several students that her lecture is very hard and she isn't very good at explaining things. I'd take her again for lab for sure.

4/9/09

CHEM112

The exams are extremely hard. Working outside of class on your own is a must.

12/16/08

chem111

She is by far the worst professor I've ever had. She's terrible at explaining things and is very biased in grading.

4/9/08

CHEM441

Dr. Barnes is awesome!!! She expects a lot though. She will help you until you understand - a great quality in a teacher! You will be expected to work - her classes are NOT EASY.

11/20/07

CHEM111

Do Not Take. She will help you if you don't understand it, but after a while you start to feel like she really doesn't want to. Her tests can be random, and she doesn't explain everything that's on them.

11/8/07

chem100

love her. very nice and helpful. sometimes can be difficult to understand but if you ask questions she is always willing to answer and give you extra help.

11/3/07

CHEM101

I currently have Dr. Barns for lab, she is very helpful and answers any questions that you have, and you are hardly ever in lab the entire time!!

10/10/07

CHEM111

Boring, and way too much work. If you have to take her, don't fall behind, because you will die.

More Chemistry professors at Morehead State University