Christopher Serkan at University of North Georgia - Oconee

Christopher Serkan

Number of ratings 82 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

3/29/14

Math2400

Professor Serkan is indeed the BEST math teacher I've ever had. He's so intelligent and really knows what he's talking about. I never once got a feeling that he didn't want to be there. I strongly recommend taking his class.

3/27/14

Math 1111

He is such a great teacher! If you do your homework and come to class you will do great! He ALWAYS shows examples of the homework in class, and the test are made practically straight from the homework! He is also willing to answer any questions that you have! Fantastic teacher, I would recommend him!

12/10/13

MATH 1111

he is a great teacher. However, if you do not study or attend class, don't expect him to like you or for your grade to be great. His test questions come directly from your homework assignments in the text book. Tests are the only assignments he gives out. Homework is optional, but should be done if you want to pass.

12/2/13

Math2008

Overall a pretty good instructor and a nice guy. He was a little slow on grading & responding to emails, but he's very smart and he does not like teaching lower level math classes that's a little more understandable. He's willing to work with students to help them.

11/6/13

MATH 1111

Great. Come to class, take notes, ask questions, and do your homework and it is an easy A. Test questions come from the homework. Sometimes the same as the homework, sometimes the numbers are switched up. I recommend him!

11/4/13

Math 2008

Professor Serkan does not teach to the slowest student in the clas, but to the brightest. However, he is patient when you get him one on one. The tests are hard. He is a nice guy, but not easy to find for help.

10/19/13

MATH1111

One of the better math 1111 teachers! But the class is not too bad as long as you keep up with the HW. Tests are usually from the HW, not exactly the same but very similar with some things switched around. Final is cumulative but resembles the hw a good bit

10/14/13

math1111

I would highly recommend NOT taking him. There was a major language barrier, with him not being able to speak fluent English. I asked him to help me calculate my grade, he told me to figure it out on my own. He is no help, does not care about his students or their grades. I had to withdraw to keep my GPA up.

10/14/13

MATH1111

I would highly recommend NOT taking him. I had a major language barrier, with him not being able to speak English clearly. He does not care about his students or their grades. I asked him to help me calculate my grade for the class, and he told me to figure it out for myself. Overall not the best math teacher.

10/1/13

calculus

Dr. Serkan is indeed the best math teacher I've ever had. He's very intelligent and really knows what he's talking about. He's a friendly guy and he really wants you to do well in his class and to understand math. I strongly recommend taking his class.

9/16/13

Stat2400

Grade ReceivedB

Best math professor I’ve ever had! The man is very smart and teaches lights out. Which is why I am taking him again next semester:)

9/11/13

MATH2400

Very easy class if you laugh at his jokes! Homework is mostly completed in class. Tests directly from homework. He doesn't care if you don't want to go to class. Don't waste your money on a textbook. You won't need it.

9/6/13

math2400

One of my favorite professors of all time. I took him for Calculus. His teaching was interesting and his passion will motivate you to learn all you can about the subject matter. Come to class, take good notes, and do the assignments, and you will earn an A. I highly recommend him!

8/28/13

math2008

He is very smart and knows his stuff. He has a very sexy accent and funny too.

6/12/13

econ 2105

Professor Serkan is a great professor and is very enthusiastic about what he studies and teaches.He explains everything very well and is patient. I absolutely loved his class. Book not really used. Take him!

5/22/13

math 1113

Are you crazy? He is amazing and he is the whole reason I got an A in my calculus class. He is also very kind and not too bad to look at

5/6/13

MATH 1113

Awful. No help at all.

5/1/13

math1111

There is no professor like him! I really wished he taught calculus this fall

4/10/13

MATH 2008

Super nice guy and very smart! He offers help every Sunday afternoon. I went several times and there was a small group from every class he teaches. He helped everyone with whatever they asked him. He's awesome! I wish I had more classes to take with him:)

3/6/13

Econ 2105

He knows his stuff and he is very cool.

More Mathematics professors at University of North Georgia - Oconee