in Grand Valley State University that teach English Edit
at Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
are you Kirsten Bartels?

08/16/2013
good
HNR215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kirsten is an amazing professor. However, you need to be open minded about her classes. Don't go in expecting it to be like a high school class or even a college course. She has a very different way of teaching and her goal is to open you to the world. Not for closed minded, black and white textbook people!

06/08/2013
good
HNR 280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Such a nice and kind lady. She truly cares about her students. Almost too much sometimes...doesn't know where to draw the lines with student-teacher relationships. Terribly easy course, never had homework or outside assignments. Best transition course into college for Honors. Perfect for anyone taking Live, Learn, Lead. Please take Kirsten!

02/26/2013
good
HNR280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Kirsten! She is an absolutely amazing professor. She loves discussion, it got to the point that our class would show up with the reading done and be prepared to start with that and go in whatever direction conversation took us. Always understanding, helpful, and ready to listen.She makes college way different from high school classrooms!

01/30/2013
HNR280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kirsten is hands down my favorite professor. She took my freshman year and made it an entirely new experience. She promoted discussion, and not just surface-level. She is pretty unorganized, but will extend deadlines if asked for. Be open and friendly, and she will be a wonderful asset for the rest of your college career.Take her if you can!!

12/12/2012
good
HNR19 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kirsten loves being a professor and is truly in her element when she's teaching. Not always consistent in her grading agenda, but she's a great person and I'm glad I had her as a professor.

12/10/2012
good

Influential, inspiring, open, kind. Not a class for learning, but personal reflection. Don't bother buying the books. You'll want to keep in touch with her throughout life.

12/09/2012
HNR280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I love Kirsten! It is evident that she truly cares about each and every student. While she can be a little confusing regarding assignment directions and grading expectations, she will explain if you prod her. She is fairly laid-back. She administers interesting class discussions that are definitely worth while. No doubt you will enjoy this course!

12/07/2012
HNR280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I seriously love Professor Bartels. She brings up thought-provoking questions and runs a dialogue-centric classroom where everybody can feel comfortable voicing their opinions. Not only that, she cares about her students. This is a woman who offered to come to my dorm and give me tea-bags when I was sick. I'd certainly recommend.

12/16/2011
good
HNR280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Bartels is one of the most influential people I have met through my education. The two classes I took with her were very interesting and enjoyable. She was very helpful and caring throughout the semester. I definitely recommend taking her classes if you have the chance!

11/17/2011
good
HNR280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor was easy to understand and very helpful. I was kept busy but never felt overwhelmed. She kept the class interesting by sharing anecdotes from time to time. I would definitely recommend taking classes with Professor Bartels.