in California State University, Sacramento that teach History Edit
B-

01/30/2014
good
HIST 21 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B-

The majority of the work for this class (there is quite a bit of it) was done on Blackboard (SacCT). Although Dr. Burke is a good professor, she appears to have trouble organizing completion dates for assignments, and is often vague when explaining assignments.

01/14/2014
HIST 21 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class felt like it was an online class but it wasn't though. There was a lot of online discussions that we had to post. Also,a lot of reading. It was a little boring.

07/12/2013
HIST128 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is a nice person...but the class was boring as hell...she is a very hard essay grader as well...Don't take classes with her.

01/16/2012
good
HIST17B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! Always found her discussions to be interesting and engaging. Lots of reading out of the book. Would definitely take her again

05/17/2011
good
HIST17B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot more than I expected from this course. This course was more of an independent studying class. Quizzes every Wednesday & they were all open note - we put our text books to use! Overall, I am impressed w/ her knowledge about history & her welcoming approach. Great class I would recommend to others!

12/23/2010
good
HIS161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I found professor Burke to be welcoming, super knowledgeable about history, and passionate about what she does. Tons of points were available in this class in a variety of ways, so if you didn't do well in one area you could still be okay with your overall grade. She is approachable and totally refreshing; she wants you to learn something!

06/14/2010
good
Hist191 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Burke is an amazing professor and an even better person. She is very challenging so I only recommend taking her if you are serious about history, because her material and discussions can be pretty heavy, but it is still a very light atmosphere and she is open to new ideas and conflicting interpretations. Very open minded. Great Professor!!!

06/11/2010
good
HIST191 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is probably the best professor I have ever had!!! She is super intelligent, super challenging, and is willing to work with students to help them achieve their best. We had an amazing class this semester and many of us feel like a family (even toward Dr. B) and couldn't ask for a better final semester! She truly cares. LOVE Dr. Burke!!!

06/10/2010
good
Hist191 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm calling out the previous post. Candace you never even came to class and spouted nonsense when you did because you never read the material. We absolutely love Burke and never had problems with her, I did great in the class. Katie p.s. We can tell its you, we're stuck in this lifetime movie and can't get out

05/07/2010
HIST191 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am surprised so many people like her. I found her to be demeaning in class, and having no soul. She refuses to grant any type of response to e-mails. She greatly offended me with her behavior.