in Pennsylvania State University that teach Communication Edit
are you Ron Smith?
1.9

04/15/2013
good
Comm 421W Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was really hard because it pushes you in a way that you never are in classes. There are 7 projects crammed into a semester, and he expects a lot. If you go talk to him or show you are struggling, he will help. He isn't a bad guy, he just wants to make the class as real life as possible. If you have time for group projects, take the class

03/21/2013
good
COMM 421W Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he really isn't a terrible teacher.. i really liked him. i participated in class and did the projects to the best of my ability and i had no trouble getting an A. if you're creative and show him that you care you should be fine in this class.

04/28/2011
comm421w Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy is awful! rude and inconsiderate. condescending and not understanding of students. Please listen to me Penn Staters, I'm trying to look out for you. Do not take this professor if you can avoid him. I could go on for hours but I am fuming as a think about him. I find this man hard to have any respect for.

04/28/2011
comm421 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy is awful! inconsiderate and rude. condescending and not understanding of students. Please listen to me Penn Staters, I am looking out for you. Do not take his class if you can avoid it. I could go on for hours about this guy but I am fuming as I think about him.

12/29/2010
COMM421 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

To everyone who is thinking about taking this class: DONT. I am dead serious, this guy is boring, doesn't know how to teach and plays favorites. If you belong on his favorite list then you get an A if not you get a B or whatever. Do NOT take this class with him unless you absolutely have to. HE IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL COOL FUN COMMS PROFESSOR.

08/03/2010
COMM421W Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Difficult course. Not an easy grader, but you do get several chances to improve projects before final gradings. Ron is very vague during critiques, but I recommend listening to his advice if you want to get a good grade. Very very egotistical. He does curve grading, so all in all you should be able to get an A or B if you put in the effort

05/09/2010
COMM421W Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very tough course. Many projects to do crammed into one semester. Like other people have said, it's basically the experience of working at an Advertising firm. Except for the fact that those people have that as their only job and we have 4+ other classes and a job to do around it. Valuable experience gained, but very stressful course.

04/01/2010

Ron's class will make you crazy,and its very frustrating, but his high expectations are a GOOD thing because you're forced to go above and beyond. I hated it at the time, but when I compared my work to that of Ken's students, it was better in nearly every way. The class is hard but that's how it is on the job for creative.

03/02/2010

Ron is an extremely unpredictable grader and in my opinion is very egotistical because of his previous work experience. I can hardly stand to sit through his lectures. Wish I would have signed up for this course with another professor. He doesn't realize that not all Ad majors want to be creatives and that all is students are creatively inclined

02/04/2010
good
COMM421w Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a very difficult teacher but he is a VERY VERY good teacher. He makes you think outside the box, and take your ideas to a whole new level. Don't listen to these people they are probably just bitter they suck at advertising and him giving them a bad grade was his nice way of telling them they should switch majors.