in University of South Carolina that teach Marketing Edit
at University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
are you Nora Martin?
C+
01/10/2015
350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C
"Tough Grader" "Tests are tough" "Lectures are long"

Worst class I've ever taken by the worst professor I've ever had. Her lectures are incredibly boring and do not help at all when it comes to her test questions. Online quiz questions are taken from a database which is something that angers me. She allows you an index card for tests but it never helps. She's an unpleasant human to be around.

01/03/2015
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A
"Assignments galore" "Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

AVOID. Just reads ppt & says tht as long as you come to class you'll do fine yet I have not missed a single class, I take notes, I write down every time she says "you should probably know this for the test" and struggled to make an A. I study and I KNOW the information, but her questions are so absurd, it's impossible to know what she's looking for

12/28/2014
Mktg 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: C

I took the 12 semester online course. Ugh! Everything is graded online. She is all over the place with emails and is so unclear. The last day of the class was one of the best days of my life. Definitely have to teach yourself and read the book to study. She reads the PP to you and that's it.... Hated this class with a passion

12/14/2014
350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: D
"Tests are tough"

I tried to like this professor but I just couldn't. She is very unclear with her grading. When anyone asks a question she makes them feel stupid. All of her test questions are extremely picky so they're pretty hard. If you're in the back or on the end of an aisle during the tests good luck because she has people stand over you the entire time.

12/09/2014
mktg 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B
"Tests are tough" "Get ready to read"

The exam questions are extremely specific. She let us bring an index card with notes on it to each exam and I still found myself clueless and guessing on a lot of the questions. She is really intense on exam days and assumes everyone is always trying to cheat.

12/06/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: C+
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tough Grader" "Lectures are long"

1 of the worst teachers I have had so far at USC. Doesn't offer any help, is rude when you ask questions, & uses a database that she didn't create for the exams. The grading criteria is very unclear. She uses "real life experience" of working at a convenience store (much like 711). Lectures are long and BORING and normally don't add up. AVOID!!!!

11/18/2014
good
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Clear grading criteria" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Would take again"

Im currently taking the class and i think it is pretty good. Its not hard or tricky just study. I haven't made anything less than 80 on a test. In the class there are 4 test and all multiple choice. There is also some online open book quizzes which aren't that bad. Over great professor to me and she gives good feedback. I'd take again if i could

10/28/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough"

Good luck on the test, you might pass.

10/20/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The worst professor I have had in four years. Doesn't care about the students and not willing to help. If you email her she makes you feel dumb and she will ask you not to email her. She is horrible, and yes I passed the class.

10/19/2014
350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C
"Tests are tough"

Nora Martin is one of the worst professors I've come across in my four years. She does not care to help students, so don't bother asking questions. Sends 5 emails a day, yet takes forever to reply. 50 questions in 60 minutes-tests are 35% each. DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS. Studied more for this class than any that had to do with my major, still got a C.

10/16/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough" "Lectures are long" "Get ready to read"

Currently taking the online class. The midterm and final are worth 35% of your grade. The quiz questions were okay. The midterm and final are timed, I believe 50 questions for 60 minutes. Questions are from a test bank and some are SO LONG and wordy which makes no sense for a timed test. This class stressed me out and I would not recommend.

10/08/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Tough Grader" "Tests are tough" "Lectures are long"

Literally the worst professor I've ever taken. Lectures are pointless and boring. She's happy with her class getting a C average which is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Avoid this class and if you have to take her, do it online.

10/01/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Lectures are long" "Tests are tough"

I took her online marketing class and she would send daily emails to us getting mad that we would email her to ask her questions. Her powerpoints are long and take forever to load and she doesn't make sense. I don't even know where her test questions come from. Doesn't give enough time for the midterm or final. Won't work with you and is unclear.

09/17/2014
mktg 350 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough"

Nora Martin is quite possibly the worst teacher I''ve had in my academic career. She makes 0 sense in her power points and i have no idea where she comes up with test questions. Unfortunately she is the only MKTG teacher. She words things unnecessarily difficult to understand. Its like she tries to trick you. You think USC would do better. but no..

05/29/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

By far the worst teacher I have come across at USC so far. Test material is not covered in class at all and comes from a random online source which she blindly chooses from. Reads straight from the power points and uses her life and business as examples nonstop. SO ANNOYING. If you have any hope in passing MKTG 350 avoid this woman at all costs

05/21/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

One of the rudest teachers I've ever come across. Don't ask question bc she's so rude about answering them. The class itself was fairly easy. I'm glad she let us watch the lectures and take the tests online. Open book tests are the only reason I passed. Her lectures are awful though. I feel bad for next year when they are required to go to class.

04/28/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

The class was extremely easy because the test and quiz questions were from an online data bank meaning everything could be Googled. Her lectures teach nothing as she just reads off the slides and her "hybrid" model is more annoying than anything. This class should be way more interactive than it was.

04/22/2014

Awful teacher. Very sarcastic, will not be polite when answering questions. Syllabus is very inconsistent with the dates and then will blame the students for not knowing when things are due. Awful woman.

04/15/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B-

DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS. Dr. Martin is useless and does not help or care about her students. The exam questions are tricky and nothing like what she talks about in class. I wouldn't even call her a teacher; she uses the publishers slides that she reads directly off of, and the exam questions come from a data bank. AVOID HER if you can!!

04/11/2014
MKTG 350 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take Dr. Martin. She is terrible at explaining things, and spends 30 minutes telling a boring story on an easy concepts than skips over a confusing topic that should actually be explained. She refuses to answer any questions and tells you to look it up in the excessive and confusing syllabus. Horrible class and professor.