in Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses) that teach Computer Science Edit
Ali Soleymani
Professor in the Computer Science department
at Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses), All Campuses, VA
are you Ali Soleymani?
B

08/18/2014
good
ITE170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

He is awesome! Communication is key, he will help you all you've got to do is ask for his help, and without a doubt he will get you through! I love his class, and he is amazing! I wish I could've figured out how willing he was to help me out when I Really needed it. He's got great humor, he's awesome, and I definitely suggest him!

05/08/2014
good
ITE115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Prof. Soleymani is awesome! He's on your side and wants you to succeed. There is a bit of a language barrier, but not a problem as long as you are paying attention. Even though he is qualified to teach much more advanced courses than ITE115, he does his best to make the class interesting yet easy.

03/27/2014
good
ITE 170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a great professor. Other than a minor communication barrier due to his accent, his class was extremely enjoyable. He prepared us very well for the test. He is very lenient and helpful if you have a personal problem. I highly recommend him!

02/28/2014
ITE 115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The class/work in general are fairly easy...He can be difficult to understandwhich if you are learning something new, can make you confused for the projects. Ive sent emails and he was no help at all, He didnt understand me. better to have a student help. I wouldnt take him again, communicating with him gave me so many headaches and complications

01/13/2014
good
IT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I toke 3 classes with this professor He is Very Knowledgeable always offers help. If you want to get a good grade and learn something take his class. I wish he was teaching more classes.

01/13/2014
good
170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor makes teaching easy as drinking a bottle of water. Very Knowledgeable always offers help. If you want to get a good grade and learn something take his class.

12/16/2013
good
ITE221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Class is easy and subjects are directly from professor not text book. I barely used the textbook. He does teach well but sometimes very unorganized especially when it comes to grading. I thought I was receiving A but ended up with B because grading was not clear. Always changes things so you really have to get used to him.

08/22/2013
ITE 170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

6 week Summer class. Doesn't teach from a book, so if you struggle w/ his lecture, you're gonna have a bad time. Some students need a book as a reference/roadmap. If that sounds like you, find another prof. Never responds to emails, if he does it will take a week+. Hard to understand, thick accent. Not a particularly nice guy. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

08/15/2013
good
ITE170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the best teachers I ever had, also he is one of the best NOVA's teachers. I had him on the first six weeks on summer 13. He is smart, likes what he is doing and knows the materials very well...you can do the projects on class before you leave the session if you pay attention to him while he is teaching... I guarantee him to everyone.

08/13/2013

The issue with the prof. is that he will grade beyond what he will say his expectations are. They are very hidden, and due to this you can lose quite a few points due to this fact. I think the prof has a true love for things like flash, but due to his hidden grading scheme I would say please take this course from someone else.