in Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses) that teach Computer Science Edit
Ali Soleymani
Professor in the Computer Science department
at Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses), All Campuses, VA
are you Ali Soleymani?
B

08/18/2014
good
ITE170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

He is awesome! Communication is key, he will help you all you've got to do is ask for his help, and without a doubt he will get you through! I love his class, and he is amazing! I wish I could've figured out how willing he was to help me out when I Really needed it. He's got great humor, he's awesome, and I definitely suggest him!

05/08/2014
good
ITE115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Prof. Soleymani is awesome! He's on your side and wants you to succeed. There is a bit of a language barrier, but not a problem as long as you are paying attention. Even though he is qualified to teach much more advanced courses than ITE115, he does his best to make the class interesting yet easy.

03/27/2014
good
ITE 170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a great professor. Other than a minor communication barrier due to his accent, his class was extremely enjoyable. He prepared us very well for the test. He is very lenient and helpful if you have a personal problem. I highly recommend him!

02/28/2014
ITE 115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The class/work in general are fairly easy...He can be difficult to understandwhich if you are learning something new, can make you confused for the projects. Ive sent emails and he was no help at all, He didnt understand me. better to have a student help. I wouldnt take him again, communicating with him gave me so many headaches and complications

01/13/2014
good
IT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I toke 3 classes with this professor He is Very Knowledgeable always offers help. If you want to get a good grade and learn something take his class. I wish he was teaching more classes.

01/13/2014
good
170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor makes teaching easy as drinking a bottle of water. Very Knowledgeable always offers help. If you want to get a good grade and learn something take his class.

12/16/2013
good
ITE221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Class is easy and subjects are directly from professor not text book. I barely used the textbook. He does teach well but sometimes very unorganized especially when it comes to grading. I thought I was receiving A but ended up with B because grading was not clear. Always changes things so you really have to get used to him.

08/22/2013
ITE 170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

6 week Summer class. Doesn't teach from a book, so if you struggle w/ his lecture, you're gonna have a bad time. Some students need a book as a reference/roadmap. If that sounds like you, find another prof. Never responds to emails, if he does it will take a week+. Hard to understand, thick accent. Not a particularly nice guy. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

08/15/2013
good
ITE170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the best teachers I ever had, also he is one of the best NOVA's teachers. I had him on the first six weeks on summer 13. He is smart, likes what he is doing and knows the materials very well...you can do the projects on class before you leave the session if you pay attention to him while he is teaching... I guarantee him to everyone.

08/13/2013

The issue with the prof. is that he will grade beyond what he will say his expectations are. They are very hidden, and due to this you can lose quite a few points due to this fact. I think the prof has a true love for things like flash, but due to his hidden grading scheme I would say please take this course from someone else.

07/18/2013
good
ITE 170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is the best professor I have ever had. First day he told students that if they could build out the last project for the class in an hour that they wouldn't have to come to anymore classes and would get an A. Last assignment was tough but I was able to do it in an hour and got an A. All I had to do was pass the final exam and I was done.

05/31/2013
good
ITP 120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is the best teacher you can ever take. He teaches very good if you pay attention. you can get all your homework and assignments done in class. You will definitely learn a bunch from him. He is very smart, & very helpful. His class is worth every penny you pay. He is very fair and honest teacher. I learned a bunch from him.

04/03/2013
good

No need textbook. He focus on what he is teaching, and require student homework every class (direction is clear as what he taught). If you undrestand, you can finish at class. He will answer your questions clearly. He will cover for midterm, and final also. reccomend him.

12/11/2012
ITE170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't even buy the book, you won't use it. All the homework can be done in class if you understand his directions. Class WILL go the full time, and he will tell unrelated stories every day if you get him on a tangent. Overall a pleasant professor to have.

12/07/2012
IT170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

we learned nothing during the class..there was no text and u gotta teach urself..Good luck if u take him be polite to him cause he mostly prefer students who pretend to like him too

03/20/2012
good
aITP Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor! Thanks God, we have this Professor at NVCC. Saeed

12/11/2011
good
itp120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent and Competent Professor!

08/30/2011
good
ITP120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very educational and crystal clear lectures. Students expecting "BABY SITTING" will be frustrated since you have to do a lot of outside reading. Exams are easy if you attend all classes. Do not ask for special projects at the very end of the course. Be logical, since this professor is very logical and illogical students should seroiusly avoid him.

04/02/2011
good

Do not take his class unless you really want to learn the topic. Not easy to get a passing grade! Attendance is the mandatory. It was a lot of fun and learning experience for me to learn so much in the class period. I attended all of his classes. He is so unique in many different aspects. Lots of oppotunities to get good grade if you attend all his

12/22/2010
good
ITP120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

VERY smart. my only complaint: he tends to prefer students who already know how to program. I feel like he's not maybe the best choice if this is your first time. He means well.