in The Ohio State University that teach Social Work Edit
Rudolph Alexander
Professor in the Social Work department
at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
are you Rudolph Alexander?
B+
1.9

12/06/2013
SOC WORK 1140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Material learned in class is practically pointless! Attendance is mandatory. Tests are pretty simple if you go through the chapters in the book. Gives a study guide before each test that tells the material that will be on the test. Lectures are just super boring and pointless. Definitely buy the book! You will need it to pass the class!

08/01/2013
swk 1140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I did not enjoy the course at all. I am very passionate about social work and have received fairly good grades in other social work courses. He did not stay on topic in his lectures with what was in the required text for the course and he was not helpful when you asked him for help when he was unclear on things.

10/30/2012
SOCWK1140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I get the impression Prof Alexander hates white people. Even so I'm white and I liked him. He's very intelligent and he's seen a lot. This class is more historical background and social justice than social work practice. Students often sat saying nothing, but I found if I commented in class he would respond-not always positively. Study the texts!

06/28/2012
SWK300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thought that Rudy was ridiculous with his expectations and wasn't clear about what he wanted for the paper. His study guides were confusing and vague and he would ask VERY specific questions on the exam. I got a B+ in the class but I had to study every single day for hours at a time. He talks about himself constantly. AVOID IF POSSIBLE!

03/08/2012
SWK734 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not very helpful. Everything I learned came from the text and not lectures. He is condescending and not very clear about expectations. You will have to navigate the course on your own and hope for the best. I got an A by reading the text religiously, attending every lecture, spending 20+ hours on the research paper, and studying meticulously.