in Harry S. Truman College that teach Chemistry Edit
are you Joy Walker?

2 Professor's Notes
12/25/2013
good
CHEM 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

PROFESSOR J. WALKER KNOWS MORE THAN WHAT SHE TEACHES. THOUGH SHE SOMETIMES TEACHES OUT OF CONTENT, YET SHE GETS YOU BACK ON TRACK. WHAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT HER IS THAT SHE REVIEW WITH THE CLASS TO PREPARE YOU FOR QUIZES OR EXAMS.

11/07/2013
good
CHEM 201ABC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You can't come to class, and check out until the next class. You're asking for failure. She is constantly available for students to come to her outside of class. This extends past her designated office hours. I do agree taking Chem 121 will help. But she covers Chem 121 for the first 3 weeks or so. You give what you get. I got no complaints.

09/24/2013
Chem 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you have never taken basic chemistry course do not take her. Ms. Walker will not be hands on. If you have a job run away from this teacher/class. If you plan to be a chemist that's the only way you might find this class/teacher. This teacher is not for people who are new to chemistry..

04/26/2013
Chem. 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Walker is friendly and you can tell that she enjoys chemistry but that is the only good. She is extremly unorganized.Like nothing I had ever experience from a teacher. It takes two to three weeks to recieve test and quiz grades. You really have no clue how your doing in the class. She seems kind but don't miss any test. Take someone else.

12/06/2012
good
Chem201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this professor's class this summer, and as hard as it was to condense the material for a full semester into an 8 week course, I think that Professor Walker remained very approachable and generally wanted students to succeed. Her exams are difficult, but with sufficient time spent studying, you can do well.

10/08/2012
Che201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I do part time job and study hard to maintain my gpa above 3.0.I learned how to see great stuffs about science in internet from her class.Istill need to revise myself with topics like stoichiometry and molecular arrangements to solve problems.I wanted to study chemistry in her class,but she was never organized. I don't recommend my cousins to this.

08/21/2012
good
Chem203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

good teacher and very interesting and also passionate about chemistry.

08/06/2012
good
CHEM203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Walker is very passionate about her field and this shows in her manner of teaching. I would recommend her to anyone looking to really learn the subject of chem. Her exams are complicated, but so is chemistry! Personally, I should have taken this over a full semester rather than the summer due to my weak chem background, but she is great.

07/30/2012
good

Professor Walker is hard but fair. She will help you understand anything you're struggling with. She will definitely still hold you to a high standard. She is unquestionably a good teacher, and you will be better for learning from her.

07/30/2012
good
CHEM203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She knows Chemistry and does lots of demonstrations in class. Overall, believe me her exams may be a little hard, but if you study and do your labs well, you will have excellent grade. If you are thinking of taking chemistry in Truman, she's the best. She is nice and her class is very interesting.

Posted on: 08/07/09
Last Updated:

I would like to comment on the statement that I have high school rules. I believe this was in response to the rule that sandals are not allowed in the chemistry laboratory. It is not a high school rule - it is required by law for student safety.

Posted on: 06/02/11
Last Updated:

There is a rating about Physical Science dated 3/17/11. This is odd because I didn't teach Physical Science this last year. Also, I hope I am not ever condescending to anyone. So - perhaps I was confused with someone else.