in University of Pittsburgh that teach English Edit
John Trenz
at University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
are you John Trenz?

06/29/2014
ENGCMP 0200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

The books that we read weren't that bad to read. We had to read close to 40 pages for each class though so you had to keep up with that. There was either a 1 page essay or 4+ page essay due each week. Trenz was confusing in class and made it kind of difficult to participate in class but overall he was a great teacher & I'd recommend him.

05/03/2014
good
ENGCMP 0200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

I loved John! He was so helpful and I feel like my writing improved so much. There is a lot of writing to do though.

05/01/2014
good
ENGCMP 0200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

John is an awesome teacher!The class and books are really interesting, and john is very smart and helpful. The workload is a bit on the heavy side (which is expected of this course) but you will learn a lot along the way! Highly recommended!

03/30/2014
good
ENGCOMP 0200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

John is an overall great guy. I took his class last semester and he really changed my outlook on reading and writing. This class takes a lot of effort, it's not going to be easy. You have to work for your grade. John really helped curve my writing style and guided me in my essays by providing legitimate and thoughtful comments. Take his class!

12/17/2013
good
GER 1548 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

John is a very nice person - very understanding, and pretty intelligent. LOTS of reading, but he teaches the course well. It's largely discussion-based. Sometimes hard to follow, though, but I'd take him again. Fav. John quote: "My dad said once I saw Flashdance, I quit Little League." (everyone laughs) "I didn't like getting hit by the ball!" XD

12/14/2012
good
FILM0400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

John is a great professor. Easy to talk to and the class is enjoyable and fun. Discussion is mandatory. The downside is that the readings are sometimes boring. Definitely would recommend and even take him again.

11/22/2011
Engcp205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Really hard to understand and not clear at all. He has no idea what he is doing and that frustrated me.

11/07/2011
ENG0205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! Definitely recommend! A little labor intensive but that's expected of this course. Discussion based classroom. Wouldn't say he picks favorites but does seem to value some students over others. Doesn't grade papers but puts comments on them. So, it's a little hard to tell where you stand in the class. Overall, great class.

01/12/2011
good
ENGFL0400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

nice guy, very helpful. but takes the class very seriously. as if we were all film majors. Class topics and structure was more fro the art side of film rather than some of the other sections that focused more on genre, etc. wrote plenty of papers. midterm and final. overall not a bad class, but could use reducing his amount of coursework

12/26/2010
good
ENGCOMP Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He definitely helped me become a better writer and is so willing to help!