Carolyn Mebert at University of New Hampshire (all campuses)

Carolyn Mebert

Number of ratings 37 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

2/19/14

Grade ReceivedC

She is honestly the worst teacher I have ever had, she does not teach you anything and when she attempts to she is extremely confusing and doesn't clarify. She thinks you already know everything so doesn't feel the need to teach you. You have to teach yourself the entire course through the text book or you will fail. I recommend switching ASAP.

12/11/13

psych 402

Here's the deal- She gives you practice exams without answers and when you ask for an answer she either doesn't respond or replies too late. Lectures are all over the place with chicken scratch on the board, TB is useless b/c she teaches/tests it differently. She's demeaning and makes u feel dumb for not understanding her poorly worded Question.

11/4/13

PSYC 402

Don't take anything with her. She gets off track, and is no help is you e-mail her. I took stats before, and I still had a tuff time passing this class.

8/8/13

PSYC 402

Not an easy class at all. Didn't reply to emails. Didn't make things very clear. Honestly made me feel like crap when I went for help.

5/16/13

Psych783

Barely learned anything in some of the classes, with discussions being completely off track. She also never answered emails, no matter how many you send to her. No textbook for this class. Wouldn't take another class with her.

7/2/12

Chdev01

Best Professor I ever had. The challenge made me realize how high I could reach. Changed me as a student. Forever grateful.

6/19/12

PSYC402

She is awful. I had to teach myself most of everything and what the other students said about perfection and the content relating to the book (not at all) is true.

5/30/12

psychstat

i don't know how anybody learns anything from her. stats is so difficult to begin with, and she explains it like everybody knows it already. she's terrible and i'm probably going to fail her class unless i teach the material to myself from the book.

5/4/12

PSYC402

Carolyn is not that bad, though she expects perfection. If you don't give her a textbook definition of something, you're wrong, and she will tell you. She grades very hard. She can be a bit condescending if you don't give the right answer. If you're in a class where no one will speak up, it can be hell.

12/2/11

psyc402

prof mebert's class is pretty hard but you have to pay attention. if you do your work youll be fine. also if you go to her office hours and ask nicely without complaining she will help you.

6/4/11

PSYCstat

Profesor Mebert is very funny! the class is hard but that's just stats. she expects alot from her students but there's nothing wrong with that!

5/29/11

Psyc402

Doesn't explain the material well. Tests are very hard presented differently then the notes and text. Teacher expects perfection and your grade reflects on that. If you can avoid taking a class with this professor.

5/22/11

Psych402

I can honestly say that she was the worst teacher I have ever had. Throughout the course I had to teach myself the material. She did not explain the material effectively and discouraged classmates from asking questions or going after class for extra help. Do not take statistics with this professor, it will only frustrate you and lower your GPA.

4/18/11

Psych402

WORST PROFESSOR EVER! Horrible. I hated going to class, I even devoted myself into understanding the material. I was later advised by others from the school that they recommend that no one takes her class. She is very unhelpful.

3/29/11

Psych01

She was the worst teacher I have ever had for a Math Class. I dreaded going to the class, and on numerous occasions heard of students asking for help and she asked if they were dumb. If your really good at Math/Research good luck otherwise I would stay away!

3/29/11

PSYC791

She's a challenging professor but she's clearly brilliant. If you pay attention really well, you can learn a lot from her that will make you a far more effective student of psychology. She also has a great attitude and sense of humor. She's the teacher you really learn something from.

12/2/10

PSYCH402

WORST CLASS EVER! This teacher is 1 of the worst I have ever had in my life, no she is the worst teacher I have had in my life. She doesn't even teach the material. She is rude, mean & nasty. Avoid taking a class with her at all costs! Save yourself & your GPA TRUST ME! O & its impossible to get an A b/c everything you write is never good enough!

5/27/10

PSYCH581

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I could not have been more disappointed in this class and Mebert. It was the worst decision I made in college in regards to choosing a professor. She is impossible. She is rude, arrogant and the worst teacher I've ever had. If you care about your GPA, stay away from Mebert.

5/4/10

PSYC581

This teacher is harshh. She does not like her students because they cannot perform to her expectations. Her notes are not helpful, she cannot lecture either. She picks the most specific questions for a "pop" quiz. Her papers are hard because she is so picky. She does not seem to enjoy us. She is very vague.

4/13/10

PSYCHPSYC

Very unpleasant woman. Her tests are unfair. In fact, after giving the class a blank test of the VERY SAME test we had taken the week prior to take home, people still did poorly. Her notes are useless, I had to look though the book with a fine tooth comb for some of the answers, and some, I had to look up online. Avoid this professor.

More Psychology professors at University of New Hampshire (all campuses)