Espelencia Baptiste at Kalamazoo College

Espelencia Baptiste

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/19/13

ANSO-103

Baptiste is an interesting character, that's for certain. A shame her class is so disorganized and has no structure at all. Readings are around 20+ pages every time and only serve to make a point or observation that no one truly understands until she blabs about it (if she bothers to) in class. Makes me hate anthropology. Avoid her if you can.

10/30/13

ANSO-103

Very intimidating, pretty rude, and definitely plays favorites, so try and get her on her good side.

6/20/13

ANSO-357-01

Baptiste is one of the best professors that I have had so far! Honestly was very helpful, and really explained things in class. Granted, you definitely need to do the readings to know what is going on in class. Attendance was not a grade, but she definitely hit up my advisor when I was absent more than 3 times. Overall really enjoyed her class!

3/9/13

ANSO 357

It's pretty clear she has no interest in being a professor. I missed, like, six classes and she never cared. Kind of a waste of time and money, but it was honestly very nice to have a bit of a blowoff course the spring after study abroad.

5/30/12

AnSo140

Of the 30 class periods, 7 consisted watching a movie. Could not believe that this is what K's tuition was covering. She might be an okay professor if she had any desire to be in the classroom.

8/22/10

ANTH101

This was the worst teacher I had at K. I was a junior at the time, taking this anthro class so that I could minor in it. I didn't because of her. We're all biased, but she's rude. She enjoys belittling students. Outside of the classroom, she has done and said things that have deeply disturbed me and some of my fellow students. Unacceptable.

11/20/09

ANSO270

worst teacher ever. awful class. made me consider transferring. her lectures are useless and don't relate to the readings at all. we never discussed the tons of reading assigned. she does not give guidelines on any of her assignments, and the feedback she offers on assignments are useless, if she gives feedback at all. extremely subjective grader

4/1/09

ANSO101

Not helpful out of class, not interested in teaching, very biased

9/7/07

ANSO105

I strongly considered transferring schools after I took one of her classes. Avoid at all costs, if you enjoy your life.

5/25/07

ANSO240

Teaching isn't her passion and understandably so, she's not very good at it. She requires readings for a non-prerequisite class that one would have to have had years experience in. She's walked out on our class at least twice. AWFUL. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

8/8/06

ANSO

Class is very disorganized. Most of her lectures are tangents from her own research and she rarely discusses the hours of reading that she assigns. Honestly, probably the worst teacher I have ever had.

6/28/06

ANSO

Gave me a B+ on what I still feel is an A paper - when I asked her if she could explain what I could have done to make it better she took it - she gave it back to me a week later saying the grade stands. There were no new comments, no explanation. Easy class, but randomly decides to grade strictly for no aparent reason.

2/3/06

socy 220

not enough teaching experience. class very disorganized. makes this complicated that shouldn't be, still fairly easy course

1/3/06

Anso 105

12/9/05

ANSO 107

Her class isn't hard, but very disorganized in her teaching. Expected the class to read way to much material. She is very relaxed in her approach.

More Anthropology professors at Kalamazoo College