Aaron Wan at Cape Cod Community College

Aaron Wan

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

1/21/14

MAT 140

eh, he was alright, a hard grader, and lots of homework. Helpful guy when you ask question. confusing at times.

12/17/13

MAT 165-01

Grade ReceivedC+

Very good at math & likes teaching it but his accent makes it hard to understand him. He doesn't spend enough time on materials-expects you to get and grasp it the first time. Lenient and fair grader. Would take him again if I had to (due to knowing what to expect). He is a nice guy but keeps no control of his classroom while instructing.

9/19/13

MAT 040

He encouraged me to drop the class after not understanding material. after getting tutoring, and after working with him he encouraged me to drop the class. hes not helpful, and hes rude. If you dont have the time to do 70 math problems from my math lab either then i dont suggest you take his class.

3/4/13

MAT245

Very enthusiastic and helpful. Loves his subject

8/20/11

MAT140

I was discouraged after reading these comments but I found that the bad ones are unfounded.I am not a math wiz yet with his help I was able to pass with an A.He is soft spoken and is always willing to help out of the class.He doesn't spend too much time in class on a specific subject if you are having trouble make time to see him outside the class.

7/3/11

Math030

THIS GUY IS HORRIBLE! I NEVER LISTEN TO HIM< I DID IT ALL ON MY OWN! HE WAS RUDE, COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HIM! AND IF YOU ARE A SLOW WORKER THEN HE WILL BE HIS RUDE SELF AND SAY DROP THE COURSE! I THOUGHT HE WAS RUDE IF I WAS A DEAN I WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM GET LOST AWHILE AGO!

11/19/10

MAT040

I enjoyed the class, The class is a simple set up; lesson, example, group work, online homework, and a test. He is very available to help in or out of class and he gives you every opportunity to succeed. If you show up and put a little effort in it is a fairly easy class.

6/2/10

Math140

I disagree will the above bad comments. He has as accent but if you pay attention you'd be fine, also he gives a lot of extra credit and even if you attempt it he gives you partial credit. I have failed math all thru school and managed an A. He may not over explain in class but he is very accomodating to set up time outside of class to help. I w

1/4/10

MAT140

Seems to know his stuff, but shouldn't be teaching a survey of math class. Most of his explanations are difficult to comprehend. His quizzes, they're only 3 questions, so if you get one wrong, you fail, and they're not easy. He's soft-spoken. At times his accent makes it difficult to understand him. Doesn't go over concepts in full. Hard class.

12/3/09

MAT030

This guy made me cry. If you are not strong in math he wont give you the time of day.

10/18/09

mat110

He is very good at teaching though he wasn't the most knowledgeable person about his subject. A few times I would ask him a question about something and he wouldn't be sure and couldn't figure it out instantly but every time that happened by the next class he had figured it out and was ready to explain.

4/8/09

MAT140

Professor Wan is a good teacher, the man has so much more potential then teaching at the college level. Thing is, you cannot fall behind on work. He will go to any extreme to make sure you get the material. He is very soft-spoken and not for the hard of hearing. I hate math, but Prof. Wan used a colorful array of different media to explain concepts

8/12/08

mat120

No Room for Screw ups or sandbagging but, this guy is a REAL Math Doctor and will help sereous students. he helped invent Colo. placement test program!!!

6/23/08

MAT140

Tells you what he thinks you are asking him, and does not explain the rest, thinking you don't need to know the rest as we already do. Well... he was wrong. I needed the rest and didn't know I wasn't getting it until the exam. Move on. Try another math professor.

4/16/08

MAT240

Incomprehensible, wafts over explanations as if we know what to think about 'the rest of the question' we posed. Says he's gifted in math. Yeah, and he has no idea... what nongifteds think.

8/16/07

Mat103

Very nice guy. Knows His stuff, and can reinterpret what you are trying to say or what you might think. But, when it comes to explaining math in a day to day sense... he chooses not to, and relies on mathematical hyperbole to make his points, oh...85% of the time.

1/2/07

MAT140

I have never failed a class in all of my life. I tried hard and I got an F. This guy should not be teaching a Survey of Math class. The first test had an average grade of 55 and the second one had an average of 58. That doesn't show that he is a good teacher if that if the average for his tests. Don't waste your time if you're not good at math

11/14/06

MAT110

he's a nice guy but doesn't really teach, he goes over a few things and then he gives you classwork, every class, and makes you hand it in before you leave. he doesn't give it back either. he walks around while you do the classwork and answers questions but it would make more sense to teach us beforhand so there wouldn't be so many questions

9/5/06