Kazem Alamdari at California State University, Northridge

Kazem Alamdari

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/27/11

soc468

This class with professor Alamdari is challenging and you'll have to read your textbook to further understand the concepts. But the nice thing is professor Alamdari is always willingly to help and tries his best to have the students succeed. There are two tests, one term paper, and presentations are required.

5/6/11

SOC468

There is a midterm (m/c & essay),a final that is the same. 1 term paper that you choose your topic and relate it to some theories (pretty easy). Lectures from power points. The tests are very hard, seminar is 3 presentations. STUDY for test! don't go by the online quizzes, my class did cause thats what he said to do, so we all got very low scores

2/15/09

Socio368

He is one of the best professor I've ever had since I started northridge as a freshman. I had a blast in taking this class. Despite his accent, he is a very thorough and well doctrine professor. He works really hard to let his students excel and pass the course. He engages you in the real social aspect of Sociology and allows you to think for your

12/12/08

Soc368

This professor was really helpful throughout the semester and took the time to help me understand the material better. This professor also gave everyone a thorough study guide a week before the exam so we can have an idea of what to expect on the mid-term and final. I strongly recommend other students take this professor.

12/12/08

soc368

easy to understand, class is very unjoyable, better understanding of any social issue, and everything what is happening around us.he is a great Professor

12/4/08

soc368N

I like this professor becuase what I learned in his class still in my brain. I was able to analize an article from any resource and compare it with the right sociologist from our text book. He encouraged me to participate in his class and write a good research paper. In every class we got instructions how to develop the paper. it was a great class

12/3/08

SOC368

Dr. Alamdari is an excellent instructor. He expects you to earn your grade, but is extremely helpful to students. He will go out of his way to help you if you have any problems. He is very clear in he wants from his students. If you put in some effort, you will earn a good grade. I highly recommend taking him.

12/3/08

SOC368

Professor Alamdari is an excellent professor. Very knowledgeable. He really wants the students to understand Sociology. He encourages discussions and will help you along the way if you have any difficulties in the course. Highly recommended.

Soc368

Dr. Alamdari is extremely helpful and is an excellent professor. I took his class last semester and really enjoyed it. He expects you to do the work and earn your grade but if you show up and do the work you'll do fine. More than that, he is there every step of the way to help you. I highly recommend him and his classes.

SO368

Dr. Alamdari is a great professor. He expects you to do the work and participate and earn your grade but he is willing to help you every step of the way. He is a professor I learned a lot from. His classes are not difficult. Yes, you have to do the work and earn your grade but that's when you learn the most. This is not an easy A but if you show up

Soc468

By far, one of the most insightful, enjoyable experiences of my education at CSUN. The professor has high expectations for his students, and makes himself available to help us reach our full potential. I learned very valuable, pertinent info., and proved to myself how able and capable I am, thanks to Prof. Alamdari!!

soc368

Professor Alamdari was the most influential and extraordinary professor I've ever had. He gave our class thoughtful lectures, meaningful assignments, and countless chances with an open door to his office for advisement. I'm compelled to tell others to take this class not only to get an A but to finally take a class that they will never forget.

Soc468S

Prof. Alamdari is among my favorite teachers I have had at CSUN. Extremely interesting lecturer and always ready to help if you have questions, etc.We were allowed to choose our own topics, for our term papers, which made writing them much more personal and I found I really put my heart/soul into my paper..really enjoyed writing it! Great teacher!!

11/30/08

SOC368

I took his class last fall and I really enjoyed it. I recommend him, he is an excellent professor, well informed and makes these classes (both Soc 368/S) interesting.

11/6/08

Soc368

He is a good professor, yes attendance is mandatory & there are a couple of assignments required, but he's not that bad, unless you really hate school and don't want to learn. He is willing to help you, the midterm comes straight from the online quizzes and the final is a take home 10 page papar. You have a week to complete it.

5/27/08

Soc368

Honestly, I did not like him from the start. very hard class, unclear and boring. BUT i asked him for help did the work and he gave me a good fair grade. He is a very nice man. Just ask him for help he is very understanding.

5/1/08

SOC001

Hw was not bad. Like any other boring Soc. class. Need to be prepared for the quizes and study for finals. This is not an easy class where you get a high grade with minimal effort. Need to work to earn your grade. I got used to the accent in the session!

1/30/08

soc368

Sociology of Iran? Don't get me wrong, it's somewhat informative and interesting. But, sorry, maybe I'm wrong, I thought I signed up for Classical Sociological Theory? What's going on...?

9/8/07

soc468

Very hard professor! Theory is hard in itself but you really need to study for the exams!! Attendance is mandatory and counts for your grade. Paper for seminar was impossible-prompt was very confusing and he kept changing his mind on what he wanted!!!

12/8/06

socio468

do not take this teacher!!! probably one of the worst teachers i have ever had in college...his accent is really thick, super BORING, and doesnt even give you prompts for papers! i have no clue what goes on in that class. from one student to another, find a different professor.

More Sociology professors at California State University, Northridge