in California State University, Northridge that teach Sociology Edit
at California State University, Northridge, Northridge, CA
are you Kazem Alamdari?

05/27/2011
good
soc468 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class with professor Alamdari is challenging and you'll have to read your textbook to further understand the concepts. But the nice thing is professor Alamdari is always willingly to help and tries his best to have the students succeed. There are two tests, one term paper, and presentations are required.

05/06/2011
SOC468 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

There is a midterm (m/c & essay),a final that is the same. 1 term paper that you choose your topic and relate it to some theories (pretty easy). Lectures from power points. The tests are very hard, seminar is 3 presentations. STUDY for test! don't go by the online quizzes, my class did cause thats what he said to do, so we all got very low scores

02/15/2009
good
Socio368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the best professor I've ever had since I started northridge as a freshman. I had a blast in taking this class. Despite his accent, he is a very thorough and well doctrine professor. He works really hard to let his students excel and pass the course. He engages you in the real social aspect of Sociology and allows you to think for your

12/12/2008
good
Soc368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This professor was really helpful throughout the semester and took the time to help me understand the material better. This professor also gave everyone a thorough study guide a week before the exam so we can have an idea of what to expect on the mid-term and final. I strongly recommend other students take this professor.

12/12/2008
good
soc368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

easy to understand, class is very unjoyable, better understanding of any social issue, and everything what is happening around us.he is a great Professor

12/04/2008
good
soc368N Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I like this professor becuase what I learned in his class still in my brain. I was able to analize an article from any resource and compare it with the right sociologist from our text book. He encouraged me to participate in his class and write a good research paper. In every class we got instructions how to develop the paper. it was a great class

12/03/2008
good
SOC368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Alamdari is an excellent instructor. He expects you to earn your grade, but is extremely helpful to students. He will go out of his way to help you if you have any problems. He is very clear in he wants from his students. If you put in some effort, you will earn a good grade. I highly recommend taking him.

12/03/2008
good
SOC368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Alamdari is an excellent professor. Very knowledgeable. He really wants the students to understand Sociology. He encourages discussions and will help you along the way if you have any difficulties in the course. Highly recommended.

good
Soc368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Alamdari is extremely helpful and is an excellent professor. I took his class last semester and really enjoyed it. He expects you to do the work and earn your grade but if you show up and do the work you'll do fine. More than that, he is there every step of the way to help you. I highly recommend him and his classes.

good
SO368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Alamdari is a great professor. He expects you to do the work and participate and earn your grade but he is willing to help you every step of the way. He is a professor I learned a lot from. His classes are not difficult. Yes, you have to do the work and earn your grade but that's when you learn the most. This is not an easy A but if you show up

good
Soc468 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

By far, one of the most insightful, enjoyable experiences of my education at CSUN. The professor has high expectations for his students, and makes himself available to help us reach our full potential. I learned very valuable, pertinent info., and proved to myself how able and capable I am, thanks to Prof. Alamdari!!

good
soc368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Alamdari was the most influential and extraordinary professor I've ever had. He gave our class thoughtful lectures, meaningful assignments, and countless chances with an open door to his office for advisement. I'm compelled to tell others to take this class not only to get an A but to finally take a class that they will never forget.

good
Soc468S Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Alamdari is among my favorite teachers I have had at CSUN. Extremely interesting lecturer and always ready to help if you have questions, etc.We were allowed to choose our own topics, for our term papers, which made writing them much more personal and I found I really put my heart/soul into my paper..really enjoyed writing it! Great teacher!!

11/30/2008
good
SOC368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took his class last fall and I really enjoyed it. I recommend him, he is an excellent professor, well informed and makes these classes (both Soc 368/S) interesting.

11/06/2008
good
Soc368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a good professor, yes attendance is mandatory & there are a couple of assignments required, but he's not that bad, unless you really hate school and don't want to learn. He is willing to help you, the midterm comes straight from the online quizzes and the final is a take home 10 page papar. You have a week to complete it.

05/27/2008
good
Soc368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Honestly, I did not like him from the start. very hard class, unclear and boring. BUT i asked him for help did the work and he gave me a good fair grade. He is a very nice man. Just ask him for help he is very understanding.

05/01/2008
good
SOC001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hw was not bad. Like any other boring Soc. class. Need to be prepared for the quizes and study for finals. This is not an easy class where you get a high grade with minimal effort. Need to work to earn your grade. I got used to the accent in the session!

01/30/2008

Sociology of Iran? Don't get me wrong, it's somewhat informative and interesting. But, sorry, maybe I'm wrong, I thought I signed up for Classical Sociological Theory? What's going on...?

09/08/2007
soc468 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very hard professor! Theory is hard in itself but you really need to study for the exams!! Attendance is mandatory and counts for your grade. Paper for seminar was impossible-prompt was very confusing and he kept changing his mind on what he wanted!!!

12/08/2006
socio468 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

do not take this teacher!!! probably one of the worst teachers i have ever had in college...his accent is really thick, super BORING, and doesnt even give you prompts for papers! i have no clue what goes on in that class. from one student to another, find a different professor.