Jeff Strabone at New York University

Jeff Strabone

Number of ratings 20 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/20/09

WTE01

attractive, fun, crazy smart, good music taste, helpful...if this doesn't sound like the typical professor description, well good. jeff is not typical, especially for a writing professor so if you get the chance to have him- lucky you.

5/17/09

wte0678

Jeff is an awesome teacher. We always had fun in class. He presented interesting and useful materials and he is a good guy. I wish him the best of luck in Florida!

5/16/09

WTE036

Jeff somehow turned me from a mediocre writer into someone who can take an idea and complicate it into a complete and interesting thesis. Along the way, he taught me more obscure things about P-Funk, Taiwanese cinema, and Eminem than I could ever remember, but his diversions from the curriculum were always purposeful and interesting.

WTE200

I cannot stop listening to Life During Wartime. Seriously though. This class has changed my life for the better because now I know every word and dance move to that song.

WTE036

Jeff is inarguably the best professor I've had thus far at school. He took a boring, mandatory class and made it fun and informative. He's a a fantastic teacher and an awesome person. I'm sad he's leaving NYU, but he deserves the fellowship he received.

WTE202

HE IS THE MAN. He is still writing his own stuff outside of school which is awesome and keeps his lessons relevant and fresh.

AAPP202

He knows his stuff! And he has a great sense of humor.

WRIT003

Professor Strabone is the man! He knows how to lead discussion to the most interesting meat i've ever tasted. God, if I had a nickel for every time I thought to myself that he was extremely cool and smart and helpful as a teacher, I'd have $9,645,432.07

WTE001

Jeff is awesome! He's always got something interesting and pertinent to bring to the classroom. Plus, he's a fox.

ENG0100

One of the best professors I've ever had. Lively, current, absolutely hilarious, fun, and above all: helpful, instructive, challenging and insightful. I learned how to really think about my essays and complicate them for the better, all while having oneo f the best times I've ever had in a classroom. You're very lucky if you get Jeff. He's great!

4/9/09

writi101

The best profeesor I have ever had. He is contemporary, while keeping the dignity of his position. A great sense of humor.

3/10/09

WTEwte

awesome genius man be prepared to go off on random tangents about mad men, gossip girl, wu tang clan, david byrne or six feet under

6/30/08

WTEwte

Strabone's the real deal. He's opinionated, but get over it. If opinions scare you, be able to defend your own.

6/29/08

WTE007

Strabone is sweet. You know it's a good sign when your white nerdy teacher listens to hip hop and rap and also knows what the hell he's talking about when he's praising it. His class was a lot of fun, pretty hard, but pretty productive. It was one of the first classes where I've ever had to work to write an essay, and I did, and I got a good grade.

5/29/08

essayh48

Arrogant man who loves to place doubt in the students' minds. Classes are useless with regard to developing the essay. Might as well be a home correspondence course!Class is boring and useless. Grading is unfair and abstract.

6/25/07

WTESECT

Jeff's class is fun and he keeps you entertained. For a Tisch writing class I felt that the art that we dealt with was a little film heavy. I would get frustrated because its difficult to know what you need to do to get a good grade. My worst essay got the best grade and my best essay was my worst grade. Go figure.

4/25/07

WtE736

really a joy to come to class, he makes it fun and doesn't take things seriously. subject is a bore but he manages to make it interesting sometimes. one on one meetings are really helpful.

1/12/06

WTE

He's not horrible, but beware if you offend easily. He jokes around a lot, but he refuses to explain what he wants from your essays, yet grades looking for something specifically. The class sucks to begin with, but it could be worse with a different teacher.

12/16/05

writing

he's a fun teacher considering the course. he makes the whole college experience worthwhile and he's not as strict as most teachers, which is a plus. Oh, but u better be an active email checker as he is known to send a late night email more than often that is expected to be checked b4 class.

12/13/05

Writing-es-say

class goes by fast, as he likes to joke around, and he's a fair grader...not a bad experience for a writing the essay class

More Writing professors at New York University