in University of Alberta that teach English Edit
at University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
are you Theo Finigan?

08/12/2014
good
ENGL 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hands down one of the best, if not the best, professor I've ever had. Intelligent, friendly, approachable, funny and remarkable at his job. For the summer course I had 2 essays and a film response plus a final paper. Fair marker. If you have to take English HE IS THE ONE.

07/26/2014
good
ENGL122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best profs I've ever had. He is a gifted teacher who really engages the class and makes the content super interesting. If you have to take English this is the guy you want.

04/20/2014
good
ENGL 124 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

Great course, great prof. We looked at really diverse texts, had two novels (World War Z, Beloved). The class average was pretty low (C+) Pretty tough marker, but fair. There was only 2 essays (and 2 peer reviews), make sure you do the readings (about 2 stories a week). Definitely go to his office hours for essay help!

01/27/2014
good
Eng 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome prof, he explains very clearly and encourages students to learn more and do better. Assigns interesting readings, which can be a bit hard to understand, but Finigan is always there to help. I usually do not like english very much, but this prof made it very interesting!

01/27/2014
good
English 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Interest prof, gets the class engaged and has a natural ability to run an English class. I actually enjoyed going to this class, which is saying a lot as I'm a science student. He marks very fairly (almost easily) at the beginning, but he's rough on your final assignment. Only has a few assignments in class to assign marks.

01/06/2014
Eng 123 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Though the subject for the course is interesting, be careful, in my experience he tells one thing and does another. For example, he gave advices in your writing but then he grades you paper like he's feedbacks were terrible and misleading. Be careful when other commenters say" the best/fav in uni" for the fact that most only took one eng course

01/03/2014
Engl 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He seemed great from these ratings, but I really didnt like his class. I never fully grasped what he was looking for in the writing, even after having multiple meeting for clarification, my mark suffered a lot because of it. I also made sure to participate every class, but recieved a poor participation mark. Guess he didn't like what I had to say?

12/31/2013
good
ENGL 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Super approachable, nice guy & willing to answer questions. 2 essays, couple mini responses & final. However I could not for the life of me seem to write what he wanted even after talking to him & trying to improve my writing/ideas/etc which was frustrating. Your mark stays constant throughout term, seemed to be hard to raise. Fair-hard marker.

12/19/2013
good
Engl 126 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

GREAT PROF! Theo knows his stuff, extremely helpful and linguistically sound. Enjoyed attending his class….would recommend taking his classes!

12/17/2013
good
ENGL 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seriously the best teacher ever. Looks like a lumberjack and teaches like a rockstar. I love his classes and the way he conducts himself is very professional. We would discuss every single text very throughly and he always set out expectations clearly. Even step by step lessons on how to write a research essay if you needed it. Super helpful.