in Southwestern Michigan College that teach Humanities Edit
Professor in the Humanities department
at Southwestern Michigan College, Dowagiac, MI
are you Deep Uppal?

12/17/2012
PHIL210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Interesting speaker, encourages class discussion. However, I found him condescending at times. Does not respond to emails or provide feedback on homework. Only used one out of two textbooks.

03/28/2012
good
philbio Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Had him for both english and bio med ethics. Some dont like him because they think he is trying to force his opinion on you, keep an open mind! had open book mid term and final, it was in depth not just a paragraph. He was more than fair, liked him enough that i will return out of state to take last phil class

03/06/2012
good
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have him for Philosophy and Religion and I have to say he is without a doubt the best teacher I have ever had. I may minor in Philosophy because of him!

01/06/2012
good
PHIL220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great class! Everyone needs to take Logic with Deep!

12/14/2011
good
PHIL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great class! High energy!!

11/20/2011
good
phil101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant guy. keeps you interested.

11/17/2011
good
Phil101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Deep is offensive, vulgar, and obscene. His philosophy course will make you question your beliefs, and perhaps even sway the very things you take for granted in life. It is for this very reason that he is one of the best instructors I've known, provoking thought in such a way that might forever be unparalleled.

11/17/2011
good

Awesome professor! He seems to know something about everything!

11/15/2011
PHIL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Used complicated wording to express ideas. I realize he's very intellegent, but it was hard to understand him when he spouted off complex formulas every day. I feel he treated me well only because I am attractive.

09/20/2011
good

Great professor! His class blows my mind everyday!!

07/19/2011
ENG104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His writing assignments were the most unique and fun ones I have ever had. He is a little crazy, but in a good way. Only downside he never answers his emails. Other than that, amazing teacher and extremely fair grader.

06/22/2011
good
PHIL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Deep is very intelligent, and makes amazing points, however he does have this arrogant attitude that could throw some people off very easily. He likes to challenge you and debate with your beliefs, so if your passionate abut a certain belief, be ready to back it up and come prepared! Overall an easy class. Just go! Books aren't needed.

04/28/2011
Eng104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He never got back to emails. Took a long time to get grades back on papers. Only helped with our first paper to review the rough draft and make suggestions for the final copy. After that, we were all on our own. Does know his stuff though. Agree with him and you'll be fine.

03/04/2011
good
phil210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's a great teacher, though comes off pretty arrogant but mainly because he expects the world from his students, atleast that's the way it feels. I'd take any class he offered and recommend any as well. Anyone will do great as long as they do the work and just take part in the arguements and not be stupid about it. Vote Deep for Philosopher King!!

12/22/2010
good
SOCI201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher! Very intellegent man! I have learn much from him. I have enjoyed his teaching style. This is the second class to take with him and I would take any offered if he is the instructor

12/17/2010
good

Awesome class!! Great teacher!!

12/15/2010
PHIL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I don't know what everyone's talking about, he's not hot, he says to email him with questions but then doesn't answer them, he makes you buy a book that you'll never use... awful class, take Tim's classes instead :D

02/03/2010
good
engli104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is about the hottest thing this side of Michigan

01/25/2010
good

Wow. After this guy, the rest of my teachers can't really compare! Um, I'd have to agree with everyone else and say hat he's hot too!

11/16/2009
good

Just got done with his class and it was phenomenal!! It doesn't hurt that he's not too bad to look at! ;)