Kurt Farschman at Pasadena City College

Number of ratings 30 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

12/12/13

Spch 01

Grade ReceivedA+

I was very nervous taking this class but he is a very helpful teacher. He makes it seem like speeches are easy to give and makes you feel less nervous while you give your speech. The book is not mandatory but you just have to read for his test but if you take enough notes you wont need the book. I feel more confident givng speeches now. Easy grader

6/30/13

Speech 1

Farschman is a great professor. His expectations are clear. He isn't a harsh grader and his tests are all common sense and straight from the book. I HIGHLY recommend taking a class with him. I received Bs on all of my exams and As on all of my speeches and left the class with an A!

5/20/13

Speech 1

He is an awesome teacher! He is really funny and nice. Easy grader. Make sure you read your book and you'll be fine. I was terrified of public speaking, but now I'm ok with it. He made the class fun! One of the best professors at PCC!

5/14/13

Speech 1

Pretty funny. Study for the 1st & 2nd tests. Some book use. Take good notes. Go to class. Try and participate. Definitely try and set aside over a week of practice for your speeches although he IS a pretty laxed grader. Try and follow his format though I felt it was robotic. Try and participate in class so you're not all suffering in apathy

4/29/13

Speech 1

This class was a blast. Funny teacher, very sarcastic. Tests are simple, often just common sense. My issue was actually that I wanted to make my speeches too long after this class, lol. He made a boring class, fun. Take him you won't regret it!

12/11/12

SPCH1814

Very chill professor. Easy A!!! I hate public speaking and it was an enjoyable class experience. TAKE IT!!! (:

7/5/12

speec1

Read the summaries and vocab words of each chapter you need to take a test on, and you'll pass. Speeches aren't that hard unless you have serious stage fright or something. Overall the funnest class I've taken so far

12/15/11

SPCH1

Farschman is an awesome teacher. Funny guy, and you do learn in his class. As long as you follow the outlines and guidelines he gives for the speeches, you'll get an A. Tests are composed of material straight out of the book and are pretty easy. Take him!

12/11/11

Speec1

Prof. Farschman is extremely nice and knowledgeable. If you take the class seriously, you will get an A.

10/13/11

SPCH1

Take the class

8/1/11

spch1

HE IS AWESOME! TAKE THE CLASS <3

7/14/11

Speec5910

I loved Professor Farschman! He's very nice and I thought he was pretty funny. If you put in the effort in your speeches and follow his guidelines, you'll definitely get an A. The tests were fairly easy; if you know the key terms and read the chapter summaries, you'll be golden! I highly suggest his class!

1/11/11

SPEEC1

Professor Farschman is nice! Easy class; just show some effort and follow the time & other requirements for your speeches.. Farschman grades veryy easy! Unless it is obvious that you put no effort into writing/speaking your speech, you should do fine. The tests are pretty easy; just read chapter summaries of the txtbook!

6/12/10

SPEEC100

REALLY COOL PROFESSOR, LOVED THIS CLASS!! HAD NO EXPERIENCE GOING IN LEFT OUT OF THERE FEELING CONFIDENT ABOUT MY PUBLIC SPEAKING LATER ON. ENJOY AND YES HIS EXAMS ARE A LITTLE TRICKY. BUT IF U STUDY THE NOTES AND READ THE BOOK YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT.

7/20/09

speec100

Had a great time, He made the class very fun. It was very fun and by the end of the class, I felt like we were a little family since you get to learn a lot about your other classmates. This class made me feel like I was back in Highschool. (Maybe it was because we were at South Pasadena Highschool LOL

6/22/09

spech1

He is a cool guy. He grades fairly and if you did the speeches, you should be fine. There are 5 speeches and they are all easy to handle. 4 quizzes are all true/false and MC questions. Great professor. Take him! It is an easy A class. Highly recommended!

3/3/09

SPEEC1

Take him! At first I was worried I wouldn't learn alot from him, but after a week of attending class and participating I realized that he is a GREAT instructor, I will recommend him to everyone I know!

8/22/08

SPEEC1

The professor is really nice. I recommend him for speech class. His test is a little tricky, but grading of speech is good.

6/23/08

Speec1

Loved his class, really nice guy take him RECOMMEND!

4/1/08

SPEEC1

Really nice and helpful just remember to read the book for the quizzes, overall pretty fun class.

More Speech professors at Pasadena City College