David McPherson at Brigham Young University

David McPherson

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

1/8/14

COMD 438

He is a grumpy older guy and very inconsistent. He'll give contradictory information and then expect you to know what to do on tests. He changed definitions on us halfway through the semester all the time. The virtual labs in this class are miserable. Just get through the class and rely on the TAs.

1/5/14

COMD 438

I was terrified of McPherson from these ratings, but I actually liked him a lot. REALLY a nice guy. Willing to adjust things & will repeat info as many times as asked. It's a lot of material (so yes fairly tough) but the structure builds on itself well. TIP: read the chapters ahead until you understand it & lectures will make a ton more sense.

11/20/13

COMD 438

He is always giving contradictory information on his slides and is so unclear about which one we're actually supposed to use on the test. Is really unhelpful with labs, so make sure you go to the TAs. Not very nice and a really boring, confusing class.

3/26/12

ComD438

The TA's save you in this class. Go to their office hours for help on labs, quiz reviews, and go to their test reviews! If you do this, you can get a good grade.

8/1/10

COMD438

Great professor. He's intimidating at first, but if you go in to his office hours, he's incredibly helpful. I cannot stress this enough--meet with him one on one and you'll understand the material so much better (and you'll get an A).

4/15/09

REL122

I had Dr. McPherson for Book of Mormon 122. Although this class had less than 10 people in it, I was able to learn much from his discussions. His papers help you gain insight into the topics of the class. In fact, there are no written exams. Most of the grade in the class was papers. I really enjoyed this class.

4/19/08

ComD438

Ok, after reading the ratings on here, I was really scared to take this class. But it wasn't bad! I enjoyed the class and learned a lot. He was very understanding and did a really good job of explaining concepts and answering questions.

12/11/06

COMD438

I believe he is a great clinician, but really a terrible teacher. Unfortunately you HAVE to take this class from him. He's just a grumpy old man who's in Syria half of the semester so the TA's teach most of the time. Good luck my friends. -It's about time this man either retired or got fired!

9/28/06

ASLP438

I agree with the first review, about his cold and unapproachable demeanor. I had the same experience whenever I tried to talk to him. And I wouldn't say it's because I'm not a serious student, because I did get an A in this class. The paper is not as bad as it seems, IF you get an A right off. He grades the final draft harder than the earlier one.

1/7/06

ASLP 434

Wants his students to succeed. He appears to be dry and stern, but has a heart of gold. He expects a lot but is very willing to help the serious student. I really learned alot from this class and would give him a great recommendation.

1/5/06

ASLP 434

Rushes through material. Expects too much of class. Willing to talk with student if necessary during office hours but cold and unapproachable demeanor.

More Communication Disorders professors at Brigham Young University