Dmitry Gembitsky at Camden County College

Dmitry Gembitsky

Number of ratings 105 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

7/14/14

BIO-212

People need to stop taking this teacher-it's the only way to get him on the curb of CCC instead of in classroom. He is mean spirited. He made me feel uncomfortable. He smiles at students while telling them they failed and then says he doesn't have time to talk to you that it's time for lunch. He has no interest in helping his students succeed.

7/13/14

BIO-106-02

Grade ReceivedD

Run- just run and drop it. Im on average an A or B student- this professor will never give you back your papers to let u know where you stand. Also- his exams were nothing on the material that was taught. He belittles students and places more focus on lab safety when all you do is watch movies. Do what you can to take it with another professor

6/24/14

bio-212

I don't expect for things to be handed to me but this professor gives you nothing. If you ask a question he tells you to go look in the book or belittles you saying YOU SHOULD KNOW IT FROM A AND P I. Sorry but i'm not going to remember everything from A and P I. Thought the first day of class I would do fine but no matter how much I study I do poor

5/26/14

BIO-106-01

DO NOT RISK THIS PROFESSOR!!! He is the worst professor I've ever had! He grades you based on how much he likes you. He tells you to ask questions then gets an attitude when you actually do. You can't understand a word he says and he's very rude. I strongly advise you drop the class if you see his name. I've never met a more immature teacher.

5/22/14

BIO103LivE-nviro

Dude is a nut. Quite honestly don't know I managed to get a B, he must've liked me. I was absent quite a few times and didnt do so hot on labs. But that is a problem within itself, I was graded on how he liked me, not my actual grades. He's quite moody, anal and entirely defensive towards any criticism. Not easy class in general.

5/20/14

BIO 212-41

I found Dr. Gembitsky to be completely different from the other reviews. To be clear, he is not easy and has some personality quirks, but he cares and wants every student to learn. He expects students do the work, study the material, and prepare for the tests. If you have the time to do this, then the class will not be difficult. If you dont, drop.

1/25/14

Bio106

I got a B, but would highly advise against taking him. Treats students as if they are children and spends more time singling students out for lab safety than teaching even when there is no lab. Midterm was late and tests are on material not even learned. Hard to know where you stand in the class as nothing is handed back or given back weeks later.

1/9/14

Bio-212-49

Awful teacher. I'll admit dr gembitsky is knowledgable about the subject matter, he doesn't teach it. He leaves the labs for extended periods of time. Does not give back tests. Crams everything to the end. Unapproachable. Don't waste your time with this class. I've lost an entire semester. And I was a Deans list student until this class.

1/9/14

bio212

RUN SOON AS YOU SEE HIS NAME!!! He is horrible, crams everything in to the end of the semester. He goes off on tangents about nothing pertinent to the class.

12/11/13

BIO-106

AWFUL. I'm a straight A, honors level student & I'm afraid I'm going to fail; it's too late to drop. Walks around questions, doesn't explain his grading if you even get anything back, & can't manage time. Semester ends in a week; we just had our first test. He is late everyday, but goes ballistic if you are late. Entire class hates him. Avoid!

12/9/13

BIO 211

Dr. Gembitsky is more campus security than professor. He spent the entire first class (every minute) explaining campus policies, from parking lot fines, to hallway etiquette, to how to display your college IDs on your person. He's completely anal-retentive, inaccessible, and has little compassion. I switched days and professors after two classes.

11/1/13

Anatomy and 211

awful teacher with a horrible teaching style

10/8/13

BIO 211

Grade ReceivedC

This teacher made me re-think my career choice. He is the worst professor i have ever had. He is very unclear. Half of my classes were spent watching cat videos on the projector, and after that he'd let us color during lab. I did not learn a single thing from him. If you have him you are better off dropping and looking for anybody else.

8/15/13

BIO-212-B51

Ok. I agree this guy is a little weird and difficult. But in all reality, if you show up to class, study, and read the book for crying out loud.... you will pass and probably get an A or B. Its usually people who don't take the time out to study who are on here complaining. His tests are fair and Im glad he doesnt just hand out A's... work for it.

7/24/13

BIO212

Spite is the name of the game. Only the strongest survive. It's like he WANTS everyone to fail.

7/17/13

Bio212-52

I also want to state that nearly four weeks into a summer class, Dr G has not graded any tests nor labs. You as a student will never know where you stand. Dr G does not do his job as a Prof. Do NOT Take!

7/17/13

Bio212-52

Why in the world would this person be on payroll @ CCC. This was the worst experience of my life! Dr G is moody,unapproachable and unclear. Labs are pointless.From lectures to lab he is 2 diff people and neither one is nice.He tries the first two classes to be funny and sweet and then the "real" prof comes out. Beware! I want money back n a do-over

7/12/13

A&P211

Awful teacher. I would not recommend him.honestly, don't take him.

7/2/13

AnP-211 A01

He was awful....Stay away...Doesn't answer questions, moody, not approachable, labs were unclear and had no clue what grade you got because he doesn't hand back anything, doesn't return the test, just poor, poor, poor. STAY AWAY....

6/16/13

AnP

Dr G is one of the best teachers I have ever had in my entire college career. I currently study to be a physical therapist and took AnP with Dr G a few years ago. I appreciate the solid foundation in anatomical terminology I received in his class. I am a lot more successful than some students who did not have good anatomy preparation. Thanks Dr G!

More Biology professors at Camden County College