Dmitry Gembitsky at Camden County College

Dmitry Gembitsky

Number of ratings 99 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

1/25/14

Bio106

I got a B, but would highly advise against taking him. Treats students as if they are children and spends more time singling students out for lab safety than teaching even when there is no lab. Midterm was late and tests are on material not even learned. Hard to know where you stand in the class as nothing is handed back or given back weeks later.

1/9/14

Bio-212-49

Awful teacher. I'll admit dr gembitsky is knowledgable about the subject matter, he doesn't teach it. He leaves the labs for extended periods of time. Does not give back tests. Crams everything to the end. Unapproachable. Don't waste your time with this class. I've lost an entire semester. And I was a Deans list student until this class.

1/9/14

bio212

RUN SOON AS YOU SEE HIS NAME!!! He is horrible, crams everything in to the end of the semester. He goes off on tangents about nothing pertinent to the class.

12/11/13

BIO-106

AWFUL. I'm a straight A, honors level student & I'm afraid I'm going to fail; it's too late to drop. Walks around questions, doesn't explain his grading if you even get anything back, & can't manage time. Semester ends in a week; we just had our first test. He is late everyday, but goes ballistic if you are late. Entire class hates him. Avoid!

12/9/13

BIO 211

Dr. Gembitsky is more campus security than professor. He spent the entire first class (every minute) explaining campus policies, from parking lot fines, to hallway etiquette, to how to display your college IDs on your person. He's completely anal-retentive, inaccessible, and has little compassion. I switched days and professors after two classes.

11/1/13

Anatomy and 211

awful teacher with a horrible teaching style

10/8/13

BIO 211

Grade ReceivedC

This teacher made me re-think my career choice. He is the worst professor i have ever had. He is very unclear. Half of my classes were spent watching cat videos on the projector, and after that he'd let us color during lab. I did not learn a single thing from him. If you have him you are better off dropping and looking for anybody else.

8/15/13

BIO-212-B51

Ok. I agree this guy is a little weird and difficult. But in all reality, if you show up to class, study, and read the book for crying out loud.... you will pass and probably get an A or B. Its usually people who don't take the time out to study who are on here complaining. His tests are fair and Im glad he doesnt just hand out A's... work for it.

7/24/13

BIO212

Spite is the name of the game. Only the strongest survive. It's like he WANTS everyone to fail.

7/17/13

Bio212-52

I also want to state that nearly four weeks into a summer class, Dr G has not graded any tests nor labs. You as a student will never know where you stand. Dr G does not do his job as a Prof. Do NOT Take!

7/17/13

Bio212-52

Why in the world would this person be on payroll @ CCC. This was the worst experience of my life! Dr G is moody,unapproachable and unclear. Labs are pointless.From lectures to lab he is 2 diff people and neither one is nice.He tries the first two classes to be funny and sweet and then the "real" prof comes out. Beware! I want money back n a do-over

7/12/13

A&P211

Awful teacher. I would not recommend him.honestly, don't take him.

7/2/13

AnP-211 A01

He was awful....Stay away...Doesn't answer questions, moody, not approachable, labs were unclear and had no clue what grade you got because he doesn't hand back anything, doesn't return the test, just poor, poor, poor. STAY AWAY....

6/16/13

AnP

Dr G is one of the best teachers I have ever had in my entire college career. I currently study to be a physical therapist and took AnP with Dr G a few years ago. I appreciate the solid foundation in anatomical terminology I received in his class. I am a lot more successful than some students who did not have good anatomy preparation. Thanks Dr G!

6/13/13

BIO211

Very understanding professor. Also, the best in his field. Very tolerable and caring. Anatomy is difficult and he is always available for extra help during office hours. Do not hesitate to ask for help, study and you will do fine. Highly recommended!!! He explains things really well.

5/30/13

BIO-211-52

He is possibly the worst teacher I have ever had in my whole college career! He is very rude to students who ask questions, when you ask him a question, he never answers it in a way others will understand, he doesn't give back test, I could go on forever! For the sake of your sanity, do NOT take this awful professor.

5/24/13

BIO106

I would try avoiding this professor if you are looking to take Biology or any kind of class that this professor is teaching. If you enjoy having a professor show up 20 minutes late every class and then leaving for 45 minutes during labs/other things that are done during lab then take him, but if you want to get a good grade I would advise against.

11/29/12

BIO118

I've been a straight-A, Dean's list student (& v. much interested in bio & A&P) but am barely passing this class. He's unhelpful, discouraging, condescending & unfair. "Lab" consists of busy work in our books while he disappears or plays on his phone. Doesn't give us our tests back & offers no other assignments to boost our grades or help us learn.

11/14/12

bio212

he is a horrible professor. He does not give back grades and if he does he will not discuss them. He does not answer questions ever if he does the question is answered with another question. He talks down to students and makes them feel unworthy and scared to even ask or answer questions. He leaves the classroom for periods of time and is moody

8/29/12

BIO108

This guy is the reason I made this account. Listen to what everyone here is saying & DO NOT TAKE HIM. Took the class in summer & he would NOT give ANY grades back. Refuses to discuss grades because he always has to be right. Rude. Hard to understand. Doesn't answer questions, just tells you "you should have learned that in A&P1."

More Biology professors at Camden County College