in Boston University that teach History Edit
B

1 Professor's Note
05/16/2014
good
HI152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

I hate history, but Prof. Phillips' enthusiasm in her lectures made the class actually very interesting. She also used a lot of multimedia, which kept me awake (even though she always let us out 30 min early).

03/20/2014
good
HI 337 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Her lectures are very interesting and helpful. She does not just repeat what is in the book but builds on it with different information. The essays are hard but the exams/quizzes are easy as long as you study. Go to class or you wont do well. This class was by favorite history class by far!

01/15/2014
good
HI 337 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Professor Phillips really knows her stuff. Lectures were interesting but long, and if you zoned out for a few minutes it could be hard to get back on track with the lecture (on average I'd usually have 3-5 pages of notes per lecture). Midterm, final, and essays (although tedious) weren't too painful and didn't require a MASSIVE amount of studying

05/02/2013
good
HI152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Interesting lectures. Midterm and final were both very fair. The 3 required papers were pretty terrible, but the easy exams mostly make up for it.

01/02/2013
good
HI338 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Phillips is amazing! Her lectures were so interesting and engaging that even though attendance wasn't mandatory, I wanted to attend every lecture. There are many extra credit opportunities, the exams are easy and straightforward, and the writing/reading assignments (though lengthy) were really interesting. Wish I could retake this class!

Posted on: 09/14/12
Last Updated:

I was very hesitant to intrude on this student review space, but I want to point out that all of these reviews, except for the 2 most recent, are over 8 years old. I was a first-time instructor in 2004-2005, and those reviews certainly reflect my hesitance and inexperience. I cannot speak for my current students, but I believe I have improved.