in University of South Carolina that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Peter Nyikos?
1.9
B

05/01/2014
MATH 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Dr Nyikos seems to be one of those guys who has so much going on in his head that he can't find a way to say it. It's hard to follow his example problems with the amount of errors he makes. His tests were straightforward and always curved. When I took him he only did attendance about once a week, but I hear he does it every class now.

04/25/2014
MATH 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Very absentminded as previously stated, shows up and teaches the lesson through problems. Write these down as they will be similar to quiz and test problems. Not too hard of a class if you pay attention and do the homework.

11/15/2013
MATH241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Show up to class to sign the attendance sheet then go home and read the section in the book. He is unorganised, absent minded, and rather snarky if you miss something and need clarification. That being said, his tests are almost exactly like the examples in the book, so no worries there.

04/09/2013
Math 142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT take him. He knows his material but cannot teach it well. He has to be corrected multiple times per problem and makes the material a lot harder than it should be. We didn't have an exam until two months in and now he is cramming the last two exams back to back. If you can switch, do it now.

10/01/2012
Math142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far THE WORST math teacher I've had at South Carolina. We had a test and a quiz in the same week back-to-back. He just writes examples on the board and expects us to comprehend the material. I learned more from YouTube lectures and my TA. We had our 1st test 2 months into the semester. Take another teacher. You'll regret it if you don't.

09/17/2012
MATH141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

For some reason, he has to make the material he teaches very hard. However, the actual material turns out to be easy when it is taught by a TA or SI. As a plus, he curves his tests. Nevertheless, tests are difficult and he puts a lot of weight on the hardest questions. Nyikos is good for grad-level and not good for undergrad (100 level, etc.)

12/10/2011
MATH241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Bad professor, very hard to understand, and seemed very distant during lectures. I had a very tough time in this class, and had to work very very hard to teach it to myself. Take another professor if possible.

05/18/2011
MATH142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Although attendance was mandatory, I probably ended up missing almost two months of this class and still managed to get a B. This had to be one of the easiest math classes I've ever taken, and I plan on taking Nyikos again for Math241

05/11/2011
Math142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Taught the whole course to myself through the book. Class lectures are terrible and he has to be corrected multiple times each problem he does.

03/31/2011
MATH142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

nyikos is a very slow teacher. our class is so behind. we have only 4 weeks left of class and have had only 1 test. my friend has another professor and they have their 3rd test this week. now nyikos is cramming the last 2 tests into 2 weeks before the final.