in Occidental College that teach Political Science Edit
Professor in the Political Science department
at Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
are you Peter Dreier?

08/25/2014
UEP301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although he is a pretty good professor, his arrogance is out of control. He assigns far too much reading and only really cares about how many sources you cite in the papers, not their actual content. I did learn a lot in his class but he was so conceited that I couldn't bare to have another class with him ever again.

02/28/2013
250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I wouldn't take another class from Dreier if my admission at Oxy depended on it! Workload is insane: I spent more time reading and writing for his class than I did my other three combined. Its like his entire purpose of being a professor is to indoctrinate all of his students with left wing ideals--I lost points on an essay for opposing socialism

04/02/2012
good
UEP301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have had him for four classes now. The amount of reading he assigns is ridiculous. It is way too much. His classes can be very dry, but he really makes you think about your opinions and why you have them. He pushes you to think really hard. As well, he is a pretty easy grader.

02/05/2012
CSP69 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this class excited about learning ways to channel my interests into a productivc life. Dreier changed my life - despite the fact that I provided evidence and carefully constructed arguements with evidence (he does not), he punished me for not agreeing with him with a bad grade. He is biased, vindictive and a liar. I am now pre-med.

11/05/2011
good
CSPJobs Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Dreier's CSP "Jobs and Justice: History of the Labor Movement in the United States" He is one of the most intelligent, informed professor's I have ever had. Made me love a subject I had never thought about before. I will be taking many more classes from him.

07/08/2011
good
UEP301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best politics professor at Oxy. Teaching method Socratic. Repeatedly asks hard questions to reveal ignorance or holes in your thinking. You must back up your opinions with solid evidence (something conservatives often have trouble with). He's very kind outside of class. A teacher's job isn't to make you "feel" good about yourself.

10/31/2010
CSP65 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Dreier is definitely incredibly intelligent - in fact, he has one of the best grasp of the facts of any professor I've had in my time at Occidental. But that mastery is lessened by his extreme, EXTREME, liberal bias. He holds grudges, and is pretty much the sum of all the bad personality traits that a professor could have.

10/12/2010
PSB Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is a doctrinaire and biased political advocate, not a balanced and disinterested scholar. Reading lists reflect his bias. Easy grader, unless you challenge his political views.

08/25/2010
POLIIntr Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dreier seems like he wants to bring the Soviet Union to LA. He hates and feuds with almost everyone who does not want to give up freedom, their car or own a home. He is Mr. Grumpy and seems to not understand what fun is. He wants us to listen to the commie Weavers from the 1950's about how horrible America is. Dr. Dreier is a troubled man. SAD!

03/01/2010
good

Professor Dreier is quite possibly one of the most intelligent people that I've ever met. He's an expert on Labor Unions, and when I say Expert, I mean it. He is, however, incredibly biased towards the liberal side. If you can see through it, don't mind it, or agree with it, then take this class. You'll learn a lot.