in Our Lady of the Lake College that teach Biology Edit
Professor in the Biology department
at Our Lady of the Lake College, Baton Rouge, LA
are you Caroline Owen?

01/10/2012
biol2310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

she was not understanding with missing tests at all(even if you were having a child like I was) She said i would have to take a written essay exam. She was really HARD....

08/24/2011
good
BIOL2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I loved professor Owen. She's a good/very learned teacher and cares about her students. You have to want to learn in her class, though. She's great at answering questions and clarifying, too. It's a lot of work, but I learned a lot in her class.

07/19/2011
good
APLAB2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. Very prepared. Very smart. Knows her stuff. Just read a comment saying she is conceited - have to disagree. She just is very knowledgeable. Class is hard but if you put in the time, it is worth it. Her students do very well in their programs I have been told by the counselors.

07/19/2011
good
APLab2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very good teacher. I just read a previous comment about her being too involved in her own abilities - maybe that person is just jealous. She is a very good teacher but the class is difficult. If you do what she says, you will make a good grade

07/04/2011
APlab2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She prides herself in being difficult and her multiple choices are hard. She has ego issues re her own intellect. She is very proud of her own abilities and somewhat less invested in seeing that students have gotten what they need to accomplish the work,

06/25/2010
good
Biol2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely a wonderful teacher!!! Very passionate about the the learning experience and she really cares if we learn the material. She was very helpful and very intelligent. The people that do not do well in her class are just not willing to do the work. I highly recommend this teacher.

12/15/2009
BIOL2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I highly DO NOT recommend this professor. If you like your high GPA don't take this heartless woman!

12/10/2009
good
AP2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher...best at the lake

07/25/2009
good
BIOL2310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! I have definitely learned a lot from her class. I plan to take her again for A&P II. She pays very close attention to detail, but as long as you study thoroughly the test should be a breeze.

05/07/2009
good
Biol2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Semester is over. Hard semester but Ms. Owen was an awesome teacher. Best teacher I ever had!

03/23/2009
good
BIOL2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is HARD. Unless you have 95% of your time to devote to studying, don't take Ms. Owen.

01/20/2009
good
AnatAnat Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It is the start of the semester but she seems awesome so far. Very easy to understand and appears to like teaching us A & P. I think this is going to be a great semester.

11/05/2008
good
AP1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is great! I'm also definitely taking her again next semester! Her teaching style is great! And I find the way that she presents the information perfect for my learning style! I would definitely suggest that everyone take her!

11/04/2008
good
APa Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Super teacher!! I enjoy her class very much. I will take her for APII as well. She is very helpful and has a great teaching style. The class is hard but it is worth the effort. One of the best teachers I have ever had.

10/23/2008
good
Bio2310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I LOVE her class! She probably isn't the easiest because she actually wants you to learn and understand the material, which I think is great! I'm definitely taking her again for A&P 2! She is incredibly nice and understanding. Her class is definitely worth the work!

09/14/2008
good
APIA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Just had first test in API. test was not that hard, but it wasnt easy either. Every question was something she told us to study. I think she is a great teacher and she is great too look at too! Great class so far. But you have to study!!!!!!

08/21/2008
good
AnaPhy Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a pretty straight forward teacher. She explains what she expects and tells you what you need to know for the exams. She realizes that cramming 8 chapters of notes into your head for one exam isn't useful so she increases the amount of tests.

08/19/2008
good
Biol211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is wonderful. I had jer for both API and API. She is very intelligent but her class in difficult but i think she is really just trying to prepare us for our various programs. Some people complain about her tests but if you really study the way she tells you, you will not have a problem. She is also very helpful.

08/18/2008
good
Anat4 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! Her class is hard but she knows her stuff. If you really want to learn and are not afraid of a challenge...take this teacher.

03/16/2007
good
BIOL211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Stay away! Very demanding teacher, and she knows it! Tests are hard, you need to know every minute detail she ever said in class! And she likes choices like A, B, C, A&b, A&C, All of the above, or none of the above (98% of test format)... Again, STAY AWAY!