in Emmanuel College that teach History Edit
Professor in the History department
at Emmanuel College, Boston, MA
are you Melanie Murphy?

06/21/2014
hist 1109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Shes intelligent but she is the WORST prof ive had in 3 yrs here. her world hist class killed my love of history. she basically rambled around for 4 mos. would never recomend

06/14/2014
good
hist 1109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

A great teacher. She is brilliant!

06/14/2014
good
hist2120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher and very interesting. She knows her subject.

05/23/2014
HIST 2120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's a nice woman, but are we talking about the same prof? Random facts, random notes, random handouts made it hard for me to take this class. I taught me more than she did.

04/18/2014
good
Hist 2120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Very brilliant and helpful.

04/18/2014
good
hist 1109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, easy to follow and very helpful.

04/02/2014
HIST 1109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

Super nice woman. Scattered. Hard to understand. Stressful to watch. I like her but do not recommend her as a teacher.

03/03/2014
HIST 2120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Melanie Murphy is a very nice lady, but unfortunately I came out somehow knowing less about History. Murphy's terribly scattered, confused, and often seems unsure of her own facts- despite being an expert. I've been in several of her classes and I've yet to learn anything.

good
HIST 1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+

brilliant! she is great! I learned so much

good

outstanding Prof. she is smart, funny and brilliant.

good
HIst 1109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

I loved her class. Great teacher. Very, very smart and fair.

good
HIST 2119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Great teacher! Brilliant and vey interesting class. The way a college history class should be!

02/06/2014
hist 2119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Most disorganized professor. I am a history major and will never take another class with her again. Scatter brained, disorganized, lost papers, missed DOUBLE DIGIT classes, and MISPLACED RESEARCH PAPERS.

10/31/2013
HIST 2119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is so scatter brained it is absolutely ridiculous. There is no possible way to take notes or follow her lectures. She does not keep up with the syllabus and doesn't inform students of cancelled class. She comes to class late and disorganized with no plan. There are only about 10 people in my class and she still doesn't know our names.

06/18/2013
HIST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I just don't know what's going on with Emmanuel if this is the professor the hire for European history. I am so disappointed I can't learn about this type of history because she teaches all of the classes. Idk how she is even employed as a professor. You will not learn a single thing if you take one of her classes. It's too bad bc she's really nice

03/15/2013
HIST1108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I know its early in the mornin, but I'd like some clarity w/my coffee. 1/2 way into the course and we still have no focus.

12/24/2012
HIST2119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Waited a year to take it with her, 'cause I heard the other guy was harder. Definitely not worth the wait. Unclear, unorganized, and useless. I want a refund.

11/18/2012
HIST1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Never, ever again. She does not make legible notes and is completely scattered -- always. It did not motivate me to succeed at all.

08/20/2012
good
HIST4000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

took multiple classes with Prog Murphy. she is very disorganized and scatterbrained but one of the nicest and brilliant leaders in her field of study. if you talk to her after class or email her she is very helpful at clearing up any confusion. look past her appearance and really pay attention in class and you will really learn. excellent professor

07/26/2012
HIST2124 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Multiple classes canceled. Multiple assignments "lost" in the office. I left this class knowing less about history and fiction than when I started. Lectures were unclear. Assignments were vague. Did not at all prepare me for MTEL--the reason I took the course.