in Portland Community College that teach Fine Arts Edit
at Portland Community College, Portland, OR
are you Hillary Barsky?

08/07/2014
good
131A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Hilary is a great teacher. When she wants to push you to the next level, she gives a lot of encouragement instead of criticism. She is very observant and tries to draw out the unique abilities of each student. Highly recommended. (No textbook was used for this class).

07/30/2014
good
Drawing 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

This teacher was incredible. She was extraordinary at building people up and pushing your artwork into the next level. I left this class with a decent portfolio and the best portrait I have ever drawn (as an experienced artist). TAKE this TEACHER!

06/11/2014
good
ART-131A-0-2727 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Put genuine effort into your drawings, and you will do well. Hilary always gives helpful advice in a kind manner. Really cares about her students. I learned a lot from her and hope to take another drawing class of hers again soon. No textbook, and homework is minimal.

12/10/2013
good
ART 117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this woman to pieces! I had her twice (basic design and drawing) and she loves art and her students. She's very nice, outgoing and helpful. I learned a lot from her and I don't think I could ever thank her enough.

10/28/2012
good
ART131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hillary was such a great teacher, she showed exactly how to what was expected for our work and she helped A LOT and has really good comments on how to perfect something that you miss by being so close physically looking at your work. She super nice and changes the way your art form is for the best! I'm taking her again soon

08/06/2012
good
Art131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is a very encouraging and inspiring teacher! There were some classes that weren't as fun as others, but they were part of the technical side of art. I had a chance to be creative on a few occasions and learned so much about the basics that I needed. I looked forward to every class!

06/12/2012
good
ART117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is very nice and helpful. Almost weekly projects with a lot of flexibility for personal expression. Group critiques given for every project completed and a group project for the final. One will grow in understanding if you push yourself to really go beyond the obvious.

05/05/2012

Teacher assigns projects almost weekly. Only cursory presentation of adademic ideas underpinning assignmnets. Been in departmnet a long time and has a bored stale attitude. Easy grader if you complete assignmnets in some fashion on time. Ceramics is specialty, not qualified to instruct other diciplines. Doesn't have own art projects underway.

03/12/2012
good
ART131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is WONDERFUL! She is so helpful (to artist and "non-artist" alike) always has a kind and encouraging thing to say. GREAT for practical suggestions on where to go when you are stuck with a drawing. very accommodating when my drawings/supplies were stolen. LOVED this class, LOVED this professor, HIGHLY recommend!!!

11/17/2011
good
ART117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I adore Hillary! She is one of the best art teachers I've had at PCC. Helpful, understanding, friendly and fun! I can not stress enough how great of a teacher she is. You won't regret taking any of her classes.