in Portland Community College that teach Fine Arts Edit
at Portland Community College, Portland, OR
are you Hillary Barsky?

08/07/2014
good
131A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Hilary is a great teacher. When she wants to push you to the next level, she gives a lot of encouragement instead of criticism. She is very observant and tries to draw out the unique abilities of each student. Highly recommended. (No textbook was used for this class).

07/30/2014
good
Drawing 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

This teacher was incredible. She was extraordinary at building people up and pushing your artwork into the next level. I left this class with a decent portfolio and the best portrait I have ever drawn (as an experienced artist). TAKE this TEACHER!

06/11/2014
good
ART-131A-0-2727 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Put genuine effort into your drawings, and you will do well. Hilary always gives helpful advice in a kind manner. Really cares about her students. I learned a lot from her and hope to take another drawing class of hers again soon. No textbook, and homework is minimal.

12/10/2013
good
ART 117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this woman to pieces! I had her twice (basic design and drawing) and she loves art and her students. She's very nice, outgoing and helpful. I learned a lot from her and I don't think I could ever thank her enough.

10/28/2012
good
ART131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hillary was such a great teacher, she showed exactly how to what was expected for our work and she helped A LOT and has really good comments on how to perfect something that you miss by being so close physically looking at your work. She super nice and changes the way your art form is for the best! I'm taking her again soon

08/06/2012
good
Art131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is a very encouraging and inspiring teacher! There were some classes that weren't as fun as others, but they were part of the technical side of art. I had a chance to be creative on a few occasions and learned so much about the basics that I needed. I looked forward to every class!

06/12/2012
good
ART117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is very nice and helpful. Almost weekly projects with a lot of flexibility for personal expression. Group critiques given for every project completed and a group project for the final. One will grow in understanding if you push yourself to really go beyond the obvious.

05/05/2012

Teacher assigns projects almost weekly. Only cursory presentation of adademic ideas underpinning assignmnets. Been in departmnet a long time and has a bored stale attitude. Easy grader if you complete assignmnets in some fashion on time. Ceramics is specialty, not qualified to instruct other diciplines. Doesn't have own art projects underway.

03/12/2012
good
ART131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is WONDERFUL! She is so helpful (to artist and "non-artist" alike) always has a kind and encouraging thing to say. GREAT for practical suggestions on where to go when you are stuck with a drawing. very accommodating when my drawings/supplies were stolen. LOVED this class, LOVED this professor, HIGHLY recommend!!!

11/17/2011
good
ART117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I adore Hillary! She is one of the best art teachers I've had at PCC. Helpful, understanding, friendly and fun! I can not stress enough how great of a teacher she is. You won't regret taking any of her classes.

07/26/2011
good
ART231 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is the best! She's encouraging, helpful, and has a great attitude about teaching. She understands everyone is there for a different reason and tries to keep the course relevant regardless of your major. She grades based on effort and personal progress: "I will only ever compare you to yourself" she says- and it's true. Highly recommended!

06/17/2011
good
ART131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is so, so nice, and really cares about her students. I never saw her angry or irritated, even with difficult students. Always supportive. I would have like a little more "pushing" and instruction in techniques, but it was intro to drawing. Nearly everyone likes her, and she even remembered me (and my name) after the class! Highly recommend!

10/08/2010
good
ART116 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's the most supportive instructor I've ever had, and knows her material. Soft-spoken and encouraging, she conveys concepts without criticizing. She ignited a spark and completely inspired me.

06/20/2010
good
Art115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Hillary for art 115, 116, and drawing 131. I like her a lot. she is always there to help you if you need it and explains the assignments very clearly. She grades on progress and effort mostly. I enjoy her classes.

03/10/2010
good
Art131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hilary is a nice lady and a good teacher. She is very helpful if you ask her. She has a relaxing voice too.

08/07/2009
good
ART116 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very amiable and helpful when you need it. Plenty of time to get projects done, just don't fall behind because there are quite a few. I thought Color Theory would be a drag but it is a great outlet for your creativity!

06/29/2009
good
art115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A very nice lady! Good at instructing as well. Not boring. Helpful. I got an A even though I turned half the things in late, and didnt come as often as i should have.

05/27/2009
good
art116 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is really nice and shows you examples of all the assignments that are due. Got kind of boring sometimes, we just sit there and work on homework that should have finished before class. She want's to help you out as much as she can, pretty easy to talk to. Gives you great advice, and doesn't judge your work.

04/26/2009
good
Art115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hillary is very good teacher to both advanced and beginner students. I was nervous about my artistic ability but if you follow instructions and listen to her lectures you'll do fine. Very helpful, kind, patient, and cheery.

04/24/2007
good

Teaches 115, 131 and 231 at PCC. Hillary is an easy-going teacher who I can imagine teaching any grade, young or old. Very smily and helpful. Likes to have classes do critiques of each others work. Every other week or so she pairs students into groups to critique each others work. Easy to get an A it seems. Keeps a website so its easy to follow.