Howard Schneiderman at Lafayette College

Howard Schneiderman

Number of ratings 29 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/5/13

fys43

The whole class loves this course. We are all here waiting for the professor, and have planned a surprize end of semester coffee break for him before class. Schneide is the best. Take a class with him!!!!

11/16/13

aNTHRO103

i'M MYSTIFIED. WHO IS THIS GUY? THE CLASSROOM IS ALWAYS DARK EXCEPTFOR THE SMART SCREEN. tEACHER IS A GENIUS. sO MART HE BLOWS ME AWAY. i TRYED TO GET TO KNOW HIM OUTSIDE OF CLASS, BUT GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE TRING THAT. fUNNY AND NICE IN CLASS, BUT A GHSOT OUTSIDE IT.oNLY COURSE I'VE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE WITH HIM, BUT WISH i HAD MORE.

11/6/13

A.S 218

Great teacher. Tried to get into Spring Disaster class, but it closed right away. I'd take any course he gave.

9/6/13

A.S 216

just got my summer grade from A@S 216. Not as high as I wanted, but fair. The prof was amazing. I recommend it highly.

7/30/13

Anthropolo-gysoc

I thought that this summer course on social class would be boring, but it is the best course I ever took. The professor is supersmart, and evn though the readings are difficult, I've learned more in this course than I expected to. Amazing prof. I would take again.

4/30/13

Anthrosoc 228

Graduating next month and tried taking a schneidermAn course for four years. It was freakin worth it! This was the best class i'Ve had here at laughalot. Samartest professor I know. Great sense of humor, but not going to pal around outside cLass. Course is a must take, but not easy.

2/28/13

alientation

No nonsense prof. Lots of writing, and some difficult reading, but class meetings are interesting. Lucky if you get in, but worth it.

2/13/13

Socio228

Downsides- Calls on each student every class, and participation s big part of the grade. Lots of writing as in a 4 to 5 page paper every week. Class on tues has an extra hour every week. Some readings are really hard to understand, as in Heidegger. Upsides are that the professor is great and the class is interesting. one of my best classes ever.

1/27/13

Anthr255

Society and Cinema which just finished up was great. Difficult psychoanalytic readings but Shneiderman made them understandable and interesting as we used them to analyze films made in Germany, Italy, Australia, England and America. Hard course at four straight hours a pop, but time went fast. Great course, great prof. Would take him again.

12/9/12

Chari103

This is my first semester in college so I've only had 4 profs but Schneiderman is more like what I thought a professor would be than any other prof I had. I never met anyone that smart. I want to learn more on my own because of him. Take Schneiderman courses if you can.

11/4/12

polso218

If you want to know why Simone Weil's Illiad, the Poem of Force can help you understand politics, take Schneiderman's course. This course made me feel smarter, and in fact it actually did make me smarter. I love this professor. First ever to make me want to learn on my own. Everyone in class discusses the class sessions outside of class. Unreal.

5/3/12

AS102

I'm a graduation senior and had schneidermn in thRee classes. Like no other prof here. Class gave standing ovation as Last class ended cause hes thaT good.

5/3/12

as103

class just ended awesome prof

5/1/12

vast259

unbelievably good professor. this is the best class i ever had here. Great teacher. Cares about students learning. Uses lots of big words and big concepts, but is not intimadating.

4/24/12

VASR159

Shout out to him in today's newspaper. Terrific prof. Take him if you can get into any of his classes. Not easy to do

4/17/12

inrtointr

I just tried to register for schneiderman's political sociology for next semester. It closed within the first hour of registration. This guy is the best teacher at Lafayette. He's smart, funny, and helpful, but definitely not chummy. Don't expect to pal around with him, in or out of class. But take him if you can. He's great.

4/11/12

VAST235

A bunch of us seniors were just sitting here talking about the best professor at Lafayette. One name kept popping up: Howard Schneiderman. I took his VAST class on disasters, and although I didn't get a great grade, I have to say that Schneiderman is an awsome teacher. He knows everything. Assigns a lot of work but it is worth it.

4/11/12

AS218

Prof. Schneiderman is the best professor I've had in 4 years at Lafayette. Smart, great sense of humor, helpful. He makes reading very hard texts easier than I thought. He's amazing.

11/17/11

FYS043

My favorite professor

11/4/11

fys043

He is the best teacher I ever had. Knows everything, and cares that students learn. Take this class

More Anthropology professors at Lafayette College