in Lafayette College that teach Anthropology Edit
Howard Schneiderman
Professor in the Anthropology department
at Lafayette College, Easton, PA
are you Howard Schneiderman?

11/06/2014
good
anthro218 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-
"Participation matters" "Get ready to read" "Respected by students"

Much reading, even before the semester begins. Sharpen your vocabulary because there is noplace to hide. Schneide calls on all students every class.

09/09/2014
good
anthrosoc 218 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Greatest class I have ever taken. The professor is like a genius, and he leads the best discussions of foreign affairs and politics I have ever had. Maybe too much reading, and the writing assignments are pretty demanding, but as a senior I can say that I am learning more in this class than in any of the Gov't & Law courses in my major.

07/07/2014
good
Soc 210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Contemporary American Society is a fantastic class. Professor Schneiderman was great, and I learned more than I expected to. The professor is a big word guy, and the readings were often difficult, but class discussions made them understandable. This is definitely a course to take.

12/05/2013
good
fys43 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The whole class loves this course. We are all here waiting for the professor, and have planned a surprize end of semester coffee break for him before class. Schneide is the best. Take a class with him!!!!

11/16/2013
good
aNTHRO103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i'M MYSTIFIED. WHO IS THIS GUY? THE CLASSROOM IS ALWAYS DARK EXCEPTFOR THE SMART SCREEN. tEACHER IS A GENIUS. sO MART HE BLOWS ME AWAY. i TRYED TO GET TO KNOW HIM OUTSIDE OF CLASS, BUT GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE TRING THAT. fUNNY AND NICE IN CLASS, BUT A GHSOT OUTSIDE IT.oNLY COURSE I'VE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE WITH HIM, BUT WISH i HAD MORE.

11/06/2013
good
A.S 218 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. Tried to get into Spring Disaster class, but it closed right away. I'd take any course he gave.

09/06/2013
good
A.S 216 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

just got my summer grade from A@S 216. Not as high as I wanted, but fair. The prof was amazing. I recommend it highly.

07/30/2013
good
Anthropologysoc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I thought that this summer course on social class would be boring, but it is the best course I ever took. The professor is supersmart, and evn though the readings are difficult, I've learned more in this course than I expected to. Amazing prof. I would take again.

04/30/2013
good
Anthrosoc 228 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Graduating next month and tried taking a schneidermAn course for four years. It was freakin worth it! This was the best class i'Ve had here at laughalot. Samartest professor I know. Great sense of humor, but not going to pal around outside cLass. Course is a must take, but not easy.

02/28/2013
good
alientation Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

No nonsense prof. Lots of writing, and some difficult reading, but class meetings are interesting. Lucky if you get in, but worth it.

02/13/2013
good
Socio228 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Downsides- Calls on each student every class, and participation s big part of the grade. Lots of writing as in a 4 to 5 page paper every week. Class on tues has an extra hour every week. Some readings are really hard to understand, as in Heidegger. Upsides are that the professor is great and the class is interesting. one of my best classes ever.

01/27/2013
good
Anthr255 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Society and Cinema which just finished up was great. Difficult psychoanalytic readings but Shneiderman made them understandable and interesting as we used them to analyze films made in Germany, Italy, Australia, England and America. Hard course at four straight hours a pop, but time went fast. Great course, great prof. Would take him again.

12/09/2012
good
Chari103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is my first semester in college so I've only had 4 profs but Schneiderman is more like what I thought a professor would be than any other prof I had. I never met anyone that smart. I want to learn more on my own because of him. Take Schneiderman courses if you can.

11/04/2012
good
polso218 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you want to know why Simone Weil's Illiad, the Poem of Force can help you understand politics, take Schneiderman's course. This course made me feel smarter, and in fact it actually did make me smarter. I love this professor. First ever to make me want to learn on my own. Everyone in class discusses the class sessions outside of class. Unreal.

05/03/2012
good
AS102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm a graduation senior and had schneidermn in thRee classes. Like no other prof here. Class gave standing ovation as Last class ended cause hes thaT good.

05/03/2012
good
as103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

class just ended awesome prof

05/01/2012
good
vast259 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

unbelievably good professor. this is the best class i ever had here. Great teacher. Cares about students learning. Uses lots of big words and big concepts, but is not intimadating.

04/24/2012
good
VASR159 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Shout out to him in today's newspaper. Terrific prof. Take him if you can get into any of his classes. Not easy to do

04/17/2012
good
inrtointr Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I just tried to register for schneiderman's political sociology for next semester. It closed within the first hour of registration. This guy is the best teacher at Lafayette. He's smart, funny, and helpful, but definitely not chummy. Don't expect to pal around with him, in or out of class. But take him if you can. He's great.

04/11/2012
good
VAST235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A bunch of us seniors were just sitting here talking about the best professor at Lafayette. One name kept popping up: Howard Schneiderman. I took his VAST class on disasters, and although I didn't get a great grade, I have to say that Schneiderman is an awsome teacher. He knows everything. Assigns a lot of work but it is worth it.