in Community College of Philadelphia that teach English Edit
at Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
are you Amy Birge?

12/02/2014
good
eng251 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader"

A few times I wanted to drop the course because is requires reading poetry and doing online discussions and papers. I struggled a lot in the beginning while trying to keep up with four other classes. It takes time to adapt. However, I am taking another class of hers in the Spring.

06/27/2013
ENG 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

TERRIBLE, she is VERY anal about everything. I could not wait for her class to be over. I hated doing every assignment. please do not take her she is horrible.

05/11/2013
good
ENG 250 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

At 1st I thought she wanted 2 much from each assignment Overtime it became easier once you become familiar w/ what is expected. You'll will be discouraged at 1st but its kind of easy. We had a forum to answer included a reading and two questions (200 word Responses to ea.) and 50 word response to a classmates. Its very easy to get a passing grade

04/25/2013
good
ENG 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

ENG 102: The Research Paper . . .(online) Mid-way through the semester I was SURE I was going to hate writing the paper, but her system is excellent & makes it easy. She is very helpful, grades fairly & quickly, responds quickly to questions. Once you get over the mental hurdle of writing, there's not a lot of work. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

12/17/2012
good
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was great! I will admit a little interesting/strange at first, but she warms up and becomes very humorous and likable. At the start of the semester I was doubting my ability to write a 10 page paper but the layout of the class made this a breeze. HIGHLY RECCOMEND!

12/10/2012
good
AALIT250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

ONCE YOU GET A GRASP ON WHAT IS REQUIRED AND INCORPORATE IT INTO YOUR SCHEDULE, YOU WILL FIND THAT THIS IS A MANAGEABLE ONLINE CLASS THAT REQUIRES MINIMAL WORK WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER CLASSES. THIS CLASS WAS VERY EASY ON MY SCHEDULE, BUT DON'T GET IT TWISTED YOU HAD TO PUT FORTH THE EFFORT WHEN WORKING ON THE ASSIGNMENTS. NO TESTS, 300 WORD ASSIGN

01/12/2012
good
ENG222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is the best teacher. This is the third class I have taken that she taught. I would take all of her classes if possible. She is interesting and you can tell she loves what she does

12/06/2011
good
Eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr Birge is extremely helpful, wise and fair. She helped me tremendously when I thought I had no hope. She lets you pick your topic. Just whatever you do dont plagiarize or thats yo A22. I strongly recomend this teacher...

06/30/2011
good
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Amy Birge for a online summer class. Professor Birge has proven to be an asset in my English knowledge. As long as you do your best and listen to her corrections, you should easily pass this class. I received an A when I was expecting lower.

04/12/2010
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Terrible. Expects way too much.

12/19/2008
good
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I recently took her online class. We had one paper the whole semester which had to be 10 pages or an automatic F. Now I'm no writer but with her detailed info and help on a regular basis this class was an easy A. I defenitely recommend her online class.

06/24/2008
good
ENG221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is awesome. She really cares about her students succeeding, and even gives you the chance to amend your work based on the detailed input she gives you. She is very clear on giving guidelines for what she wants. Beyond having to read literature if it isn't your thing, it is really hard to get a bad grade. Excellent.

04/12/2007
Eng251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

OK teacher just wants to much out of her papers and they only can be one page long

12/15/2006
eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

hard

12/08/2006
good
eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Solid approachable English teacher.

06/29/2006
good
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

06/27/2006
good
Enlgish 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A