Marla Perry at Nashville State Community College

Marla Perry

Number of ratings 44 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

7/24/14

Soci 2010

I was extremely disappointed with this class and the teacher, Marla Perry. I took this class as a summer class and it was the most difficult class I've ever taken because of the teacher. She is very unrealistic with her grading. She is also unclear on the directions with some major assignments. I do NOT recommend her to anyone.

6/26/14

Soci-2010

Grade ReceivedWD

I would not recommend anyone who is not a a sociology major to take this class. I have never made any grades less than A/B since I have been at NSCC but she is very unrealistic and almost always looks for ways to deduct points and it's impossible to earn an A on anything in her course. She needs to go teach grad school or something.

5/23/14

Soci 2120

Very nice and energetic . Can be hard to follow sometimes but if you ask questions she'll do her best to explain. Attendance is important in her class. She breezes through chapters very quick expect to have to really study in her class.

5/15/14

SOCI 100

The instructor is too difficult for a core class. I just wanted to take a class to fill up a pre req. Instead I found out I had to spend more time on this class than my major classes. Do not recommend.

4/30/14

Soci Marriage

Grade ReceivedA+

Marla was a great teacher! She is very clear about what she expects out of you from the 1st day and to be honest she doesn't expect too much! She is very helpful inside and outside of class. Responds to her emails very quickly and gives out a ton of extra credit so if you don't make an A then it really only your fault!!!

12/9/13

Soci 1010

She makes you work, but she is easy to understand and makes you think. It was overall a great experience. Now if you do want an easy class with an easy A, I would not suggest taking her class.

11/11/13

SOCI2113

Marla is an amazing teacher with an intense interest in the topic. She is very concerned with her students and their understanding of the material. She also is not afraid to confront anyone if their views differ from hers. She forces you to evaluate your perspective. This is not an easy class but her expectations are realistic and do-able.

11/8/13

SOCI 2110

Liberal nonsense at its best. This is the worst class I have ever taken. She is so vague nobody understands what is going on. If I knew Sociology was the science of blaming everyone else for your problems I wouldn't have taken this course. I don't believe anything in this class but I kept my mouth shut and got my B last semester.

8/4/13

SOCI1010

Easy class I got an A. GREAT TEACHER.

8/4/13

SOCI 1010

I had her class this summer, very easy class. We had 9 chapters reviews. Didn't use the book that much at all. English is my second language, so it wasn't that hard for me to understand the assignments. I recommend her class to everyone that is willing to learn.

7/19/13

SOCI2010

Professor Perry is AWESOME! Class was not easy, but I worked hard and managed an A. You have to put forth an effort & ask questions if you don't understand, professor Perry isn't a mind reader! Her office number and e-mail address are listed right on the syllabus. Every time I needed help she was quick to respond and answered my questions fully.

SOCI2010

Not sure why she is at NSCC, (over qualified) she is an amazing professor. I am taking Intro to sociology this summer. Hard class? absolutly, worth it? every minute.

SOC1020

One of the best professors I've ever had. Period. Her lectures are above what you would expect to find at a community college. If you want to learn, challenge yourself, and have a meaningful education, please do yourself a favor and take this class. If you feel content with being mediocre, this is not for you. Marla is clear, fair and helpful.

4/1/13

SOCI 1010

I'm taking her online class right now as an elective. I thought it would be simple, but I was very wrong. Like others have said on here, the assignments are vague. And also like others say, she grades pretty harshly. It's almost like she thinks your insight is wrong, which is impossible. I really don't even care anymore; I'm just ready to move on.

2/12/13

SOC2113

She always said that pppl rise or fall to the expectations others put on them. She challenges her students but she is more than willing to help.

2/4/13

PSYSO1100

I've taken several classes with Marla, and she's incredible. Very understanding if you just talk to her. Ask her to explain. There's a lot of work and she pushes you to constantly better yourself, but that's what school is about. My critical thinking skills have drastically improved since taking her classes.

12/14/12

PSYC2120

I'd take her class again, because she actually cares that we understand the material. It was a lot of work, but she was flexible with us, so that helped. I want to learn the theories for my future in this field, and she certainly challenged me to learn them.

12/8/12

Soci2113

Yes this is a hard class, yes she does always ask for more detail, but no she does not grade unfairly. She challenges you and that is why you go to college, to be challenged. I wrote my first 3 papers without much effort and received a C on each. On my last paper I actually put effort into it and made an A.

11/17/12

SOC2010

(Online)The people who signed up to take this class and complained weren't doing the work, period! The class is NOT an easy A by any imagination, but, she is VERY helpful & she challenges you to think beyond your own personal world view (which is what you'll have to do in the field). I'm glad I didn't listen to ya'll and took her class anyway.

More Sociology professors at Nashville State Community College