in Nashville State Community College that teach Sociology Edit
are you Marla Perry?
A+

1 Professor's Note
07/24/2014
Soci 2010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I was extremely disappointed with this class and the teacher, Marla Perry. I took this class as a summer class and it was the most difficult class I've ever taken because of the teacher. She is very unrealistic with her grading. She is also unclear on the directions with some major assignments. I do NOT recommend her to anyone.

06/26/2014
Soci-2010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD

I would not recommend anyone who is not a a sociology major to take this class. I have never made any grades less than A/B since I have been at NSCC but she is very unrealistic and almost always looks for ways to deduct points and it's impossible to earn an A on anything in her course. She needs to go teach grad school or something.

05/23/2014
good
Soci 2120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very nice and energetic . Can be hard to follow sometimes but if you ask questions she'll do her best to explain. Attendance is important in her class. She breezes through chapters very quick expect to have to really study in her class.

05/15/2014
SOCI 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The instructor is too difficult for a core class. I just wanted to take a class to fill up a pre req. Instead I found out I had to spend more time on this class than my major classes. Do not recommend.

04/30/2014
good
Soci Marriage Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Marla was a great teacher! She is very clear about what she expects out of you from the 1st day and to be honest she doesn't expect too much! She is very helpful inside and outside of class. Responds to her emails very quickly and gives out a ton of extra credit so if you don't make an A then it really only your fault!!!

12/09/2013
good
Soci 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She makes you work, but she is easy to understand and makes you think. It was overall a great experience. Now if you do want an easy class with an easy A, I would not suggest taking her class.

11/11/2013
good
SOCI2113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Marla is an amazing teacher with an intense interest in the topic. She is very concerned with her students and their understanding of the material. She also is not afraid to confront anyone if their views differ from hers. She forces you to evaluate your perspective. This is not an easy class but her expectations are realistic and do-able.

11/08/2013
SOCI 2110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Liberal nonsense at its best. This is the worst class I have ever taken. She is so vague nobody understands what is going on. If I knew Sociology was the science of blaming everyone else for your problems I wouldn't have taken this course. I don't believe anything in this class but I kept my mouth shut and got my B last semester.

08/04/2013
good
SOCI1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Easy class I got an A. GREAT TEACHER.

08/04/2013
good
SOCI 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had her class this summer, very easy class. We had 9 chapters reviews. Didn't use the book that much at all. English is my second language, so it wasn't that hard for me to understand the assignments. I recommend her class to everyone that is willing to learn.

Posted on: 07/19/13
Last Updated:

Learning is a process & critical/abstract thinking doesn't come naturally-its learned & learning takes EFFORT.If one is in class just for grades, much will be lost in the process. Thinking things through/connecting the ideas to make a rational/logical thought takes practice. If you think you are prefect then college isn't for you.