Debra Sikes at Tarrant County College (all)

Debra Sikes

Number of ratings 72 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

1/15/14

Dr. Sikes is one my favorite professors at TCC. Her class is not hard if just put in the effort. For what it's worth I think she is a good person and wants only the best for her students.

1/9/14

ENGL-1302

TAKE HER! Best teacher I have ever taken! She is very inspirational and helps you with the writing of your essays. She cares about the students. Pay attention to everything she says and you'll do fine.

1/6/14

Engl 1302

Super easy online class!! just turn in your weekly assignments and you will get a 100% She is a very easy grader. On the major papers watch out for grammatical errors that's all I got counted off for. Would recommend

12/10/13

ENG1302

Professor Sikes is the best Professor I have had so far. I highly recommend her. She does get carried away with stories, but she is hilarious and fun to listen to. You have to write 3 papers and do a Portfolio. She is very helpful through the writing process and gives you ideas about each topic on your papers. I loved this teacher she is the best!

12/7/13

ENGL-1302

I would recommend taking this class. There are 3 papers and a portfolio due. She helps you and gives ideas on how to write your paper. She makes literature fun and exciting. She cares for her students. She's a tough grader, but if you try it should not be hard to get an A.

12/5/13

English 1302

Mrs. Sikes is an awesome professor She truly cares about seeing her students learn whether it be in English or valuable life lessons. She does everything she can to help her students learn and is very understanding. She has a lot of insightful advice an stories. I would recommend her again and will try to take more classes with her.

11/26/13

ENGL 1302

Don't believe the hype! This was the worst english class I have ever had, Take any other teacher and save yourself the stress. I learned more from watching Sharknado than I did from this disorganized trainwreck. Good luck.

7/4/13

English Comp II

Professor Sikes class was very easy. You do need to stay on top of the assignments to keep up. I do agree that she can be slow answering emails, but on the flip side she will work with you when issues arise. I really enjoyed taking her class. I highly recommend her.

1/10/13

ENGL1302

Mrs. Sikes is the best professor I have had at TCC. She teaches you English and valuable life lessons. You have a few small papers and she does her best to make sure you are very well prepared for them. Extremely helpful and an enjoyable woman. Would take this class again if I could!

1/8/13

ENGL1302

Professor Sikes is amazing! Very sweet and intelligent lady. As long as you do your daily assignments, and major essays you should definitely pass this class with an A.

11/18/12

ENGL1302

I took this class online. First off, I LOVE that she doesn't have a textbook. She sends links to what you need to read. She also incorporates movies into lessons. She is very nice and answers questions fast. I made an A. There is a lot of work but as long as you do it you won't fail. I would recommend her to anyone.

6/13/12

ENGL2333

Summer Online class.All assgnmnts & due dates were given at the beginning of class.Alot of reading.Mostly all assgnmts require a 250 word response.No book needed.Mostly all material was posted online.Test were easy.Part multiple choice and essay.You must know the material.Do the assgnmnts and you will do good in the class. RECOMMENDED!!

5/5/12

ENGL2333

I took this class online and there is almost no communication from her. She is very slow at answering emails and her course site is unorganized. The class is not hard yet her test questions do not reflect readings. The tests also have long essays and all tests are on campus. Not a personal favorite for a internetclass.

4/24/12

Engl1302

Dr. Sikes does not require a textbook, but does require A LOT of reading. She is VERY slow at grading assignments, and returning e-mails. No test, or quizzes are given. Overall an easy class, but I can't say that I learned one thing from Dr. Sikes.

12/20/11

ENGL1302

Took her English Comp II class and it was easy. Attend class, read the literatire (poems, short stories and dramas) and write the papers required. She gives out possible topics all the time. Takes the time to take class to library for research help. She is very accomodating for real life situations. Would take a class with her again,P.S-she's hot.

12/15/11

ENGL1302

She is a wonderful teacher. I've taken her online world lit. class before and really liked her so I took this class in the classroom. She is so interesting. I liked the papers we had to write because she lets you choose the topics in line with the reading assignments. Show up and do the work and you'll get a good grade. She's the sweetest woman.

12/12/11

ENGL1302

Took her English Comp II class and it was easy. Attend class, read the literatire (poems, short stories and dramas) and write the papers required. She gives out possible topics all the time. Takes the time to take class to library for research help. She is very accomodating for real life situations. Would take a class with her again.

9/26/11

ENGL1302

Taking ONLINE right now and is very easy! Doesn?t require a textbook, provides links to online stories to read, rent/buy 4 movies (Amazon for cheap & easy) & write 250 words on, + 3-1000 word assignments. Doesn?t provide feedback on assignments & I worried I wasn?t hitting the mark, but have received 100% on all work so far so I guess I?m doing ok!

7/28/11

engl1302

You will need the book. She makes you write a 250 word response for every poem that is read in class. She likes to think she is hard, but she really is not. If you keep up with the work, and do that papers, you will be fine.

7/7/11

ENGL2333

What a fantastic class! I took her online for World Lit and she was outstanding. The material was very interesting and her organization and clarity are the best I have had online. She expects you to think and be able to effectively communicate as she should. IT IS A COLLEGE CLASS. Complainers and people looking to slide by need not apply.

More English professors at Tarrant County College (all)

1.7