in University of Connecticut that teach Philosophy Edit
at University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
are you Lionel Shapiro?

09/28/2012
good
PHIL1103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took PHIL1103 with him in spring2012, he is a really nice guy. The exams or materials might be hard to understand, but if you stop by in his office hour or send him an email, he'll answer it for you and make it as clear as he can.

08/18/2011
good
PHIL2221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Lionel Shapiro is *not* for the casual philosophy student. He requires a very high level of thought and thoroughness to succeed. I've read a few comments regarding his unrealistic grading, but it seems those writing that were simply regurgitating the text instead of adding anything original. He will bury you if you don't think critically.

05/19/2011
good
Phil2222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took this class for 17th and 18th century. I really enjoyed this class and this professor so I am not sure what others are saying about him. It isn't all that easy, but isn't all that hard as long as you carefully read the material,listen to the lectures, discuss in class. Professor Shapiro is more than reasonable when you have an issue.

05/05/2011
PHIL2221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I've never gone on this site before but I feel it's my duty to warn potential students not to take this guy. I've had some bad professors but this guy is just unbelievable. Not only are his lectures torturous but he also has no sensitivities towards his students, and obviously shows preferential treatment when he does. Avoid at all costs!!

01/17/2011
good
PHIL1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Maybe it's because I took 1101 and it was an easy class for me, but it's philosophy. It's not gonna be an easy class without a good professor. Shapiro sure you're up to speed with the readings with simple Reading Analyses and detailed notes. Those combined with if you study the 5-6 hrs/week he recommends & see him during office hrs, you're golden.