in Old Dominion University that teach Spanish Edit
Elena Vera-Guerrero
Professor in the Spanish department
at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
are you Elena Vera-Guerrero?
C

08/24/2014
good
Span 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C

Professor Vera-G is a good professor. She is the best Spanish teacher I have taken. She is very patient and she makes practice saying the Spanish words. She does that so you get better speaking Spanish. I will recommend her to all my friends that need to take Spanish. Yes, you have to attend class and do the homework. She checks the homework.

08/24/2014
good
Span 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Vera-Guerrero was the best Spanish teacher I have taken. She is very patient, sweet, and understanding. Yes, she does check the homework. We had homework every night, but it was for our good. Make sure you attend class, you can't pass the class if you don't attend. If I had to take it again, it would be with her.

12/05/2013
good
SPAN101F Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

I thought Mrs. Vera-Guerrero was a sweet, easy teacher. There is homework almost every night, which is a good way to study (she doesn't usually check it right away) The tests/oral presentations are easy as well, and there are many other opportunities to improve your grade if you fail a test or quiz or something.

07/31/2012
good
span201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

At first I was a little worried bc she has a thick accent, but with time it was ok. She is very helpful for people who want the help. The test are a bit challenging but she likes to give extra credit. I would recommend here for anyone taking 102. :)

12/31/2011
good
Spa101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Vera-G is a helpful teacher. Although we were given loads of HW, and sometimes the assignments were tidious and difficult to finish. I worked hard to get an A in this class. She grades you on attendances as well. Tests were a bit difficult.

11/20/2009
good
SPAN101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took her for Span 101 & 102. Easy class but a lot of work - you have to do the workbook and lab manual. Quizzes and exams are easy but only if you study. If you ask her, she'll tell you what's going to be on the test. I got a B last sem with basically no effort. Tried this sem and I'm sure I got an A. Too bad I still can't form basic Span sentences

07/09/2009
good
SPA101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher, studying required. Asks for class participation, Helps students that want the help. Easy grade if you show up and do the work. Its a class where an A is possible if you study.

04/09/2009
good
Span102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class is easy to pass if you pay attention. I received an A+. I had a lot of kids in my class that said she was hard, but seriously you have to put in effort to make a good grade. That means you have to study the information and not expect her to poor it down your throat. I thought she was great.

12/09/2008
good
span201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Pretty good teacher. You definitely need to study for this class (It IS a foreign language people). She could be more clear on some things but will spend more class time trying to explain if you ask. If you need help via email then do so with a lot of lead time. I typically got responses to my emails minutes before my exams which was not good

08/07/2008
good
SPAN101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was a good teacher, and I did enjoy the class. I felt there were some things I could have better explained. If you really want a good basis for spanish and need to go further than 102 you might want to take Kessel b/c he will explain things clearer. Otherwise she is good to work with and gives tons of extra credit.