Alfredo Ardila at Florida International University

Alfredo Ardila

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/4/14

SPA4104

Very difficult course. The world of Anatomy was extremely new to me. I figured it wouldn't be that bad, but I was wrong. Power points were all over the place, only three exams determined your final grade and tests were timed based on # of questions. Ex:30 questions..30 minutes. The last exam barely had anything from his powerpoint on it.

5/22/13

Neu 733

Dr. Ardila is one of the greatest professors I have had throughout my training. His knowledge base and ability to teach me Neuropsychology was excellent. He knows this field and his passion, as well as his expertise is top notch. I studied under him for my concentration in Neuropsychology while I completed my Psy.D. My sincere thanks. Dr. Bauer

2/25/13

SPA6410

At first, you may be impressed by his credentials and expertise. However revered he is in the field of brain research, he seems not very interested in teaching. His tests are inordinately difficult, and he offers no other assignments. He is intransigent and not open to suggestions. If you fail his tests you fail his class. End of story!

10/9/11

SPA5253

I have had Dr. Ardila for 2 courses and I find his courses to be highly influential. I do find him hard to understand however, I use his power points and find comprehension much better. His courses are set up to where there is no need for the text. Review his ppt's and all will be good. Also, if you don't get a concept ask him he is very easy going

6/23/11

SLP111

A prolific researcher. However,I expected him to be a better facilitator of knowledge. He is unavailable to adequately respond to e mails with learning concerns. His tests are almost impossible to understand and includes material that's not in the syllabus. Got an A, still feel disappointed.

7/6/10

PSYgrad

Dr. Ardila's legacy in neuropsychology is cemented and indisputable. Without a doubt one of the most prolific and accomplished bilingual neuropsychologists alive. Anyone who has taken a course with him should be grateful and honored. Be prepared to study hard and struggle with his accent. Show him your genuine interest and you will do well.

4/25/10

SPA6005

Set students up for failure. Puts things on tests not discussed in class. Doesn't care about the students. I'm a graduate student, I've had four classes with him and he is always the same, bad! His English is incomprehensible. It is difficult if not impossible to understand him. Without question the worst professor I've ever had.

1/4/10

SPA4011

Had him for an online class and as long as you go over his powerpoints you'll be fine. For the first test I studied from the book but for the second one all I did was go through his powerpoints and got an A. Easy class if you put some time into it. Very fair professor.

12/9/09

SPA4050

He is very attentive, answers emails quickly and his online courses are very complete and thorough. The power point presentations are great. I wouldn't say you don't need the book at all, but it is not used often so get it used if anything. He's also very available to help and writes recommendation letters extremely quickly. :)

12/20/07

SPA4011

I was 1 point away from a B and he gave me a C+, whatever you get is what you get, no curves, no extra credit, NOTHING!! You have 1 min per question, if you go over the time allowed even if you get it correct it marked incorrectly,if it's not completed within that time period. The 1st test is 40 question 40 min, the last 2 are 30 que. 30 min.

8/31/07

SPA4010

All of his online classes are easy if you study the notes. You really don't need the book. You just got to study his notes on Web Ct.

4/30/07

SPA4011

I took the class online and it wasn't that bad though. Make sure to read the chapters if your not the best at science. If you are just keep his notes handy they are very helpful. Great professor although a little hard to understand his powerpoints.

9/2/06

spa6410

He is an excellent professor, however, due to his heavy spanish accent (and i mean HEAVY) it is hard to understand him. For those readers who speak/understand Spanish, you'll probably excell in all 5 classes he teaches; when the class doesn't understand him, whatever he was attempting to say is said in spanish. Your bad luck if you speak English.

4/30/06

SPA4011

Online, you dont need the book. Three test, all from the notes/online lectures. Read everything throughly you should be fine. He doesnt use a test blocker. Very easy to cheat. Easy A. But beware, he gives no extra credit, no curve, what you get is what you get. I got an 89 and got a B+ just the same. But fair is fair... and thats what he is, fair.

More Health Science professors at Florida International University