Juan Calle at Broward College (all campuses)

Juan Calle

Number of ratings 99 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

6/27/14

Grade ReceivedB

he makes you so confused.I would personally not recommend him for any other students.He never helps and never understands student's situations no matter what you do. he would give you like about three essays to finish for the next day. he never grades; he only gives feedback that make you feel like a failure. he grades at the end of the course

5/28/14

Grade ReceivedB

one of those lazy teachers. if paper isn't done right, will give it back to you to re do for a better grade. just write the papers.

1/7/14

ENC1101

Contrary to all the negative comments, Professor Calle's class was the right balance. He's a very helpful teacher who will spend one on one time with you going over your papers and pointing out your errors. He gives countless opportunities to make up failed assignment. Not recommendable but not someone to absolutely avoid. You work for your grade.

12/23/13

ENC1101

Not an easy A, but an annoying one to get. He is never too clear at first, but when you mess up is when he can explain things the best. The best thing about the class is that you can turn in assignments many times, even if late. resubmit assignments as much as you can. I would not recommend him, but if you have to take him, don't stress over it.

12/9/13

ENC1101

Honestly a terrible teacher. Doesn't really understand the subject he's teaching, which is really sad because it's basic English. Makes obscure video game and tabletop RPG references that nobody understands. The work is not only difficult (as he purposely finds fault in your work) but completely peripheral to what you actually are reading.

7/2/13

ENC0015

His class is very easy i'm an A+ student in his class he explains things clearly and and helps you whenever you need it. Make sure you attend the class earlier then the time it starts he likes that. The essays also easy not tough at all. You'll like him and you should take his class you'll be a straight A student just like me. Plus he's a nice guy.

6/12/13

ENC1101

His class was very easy. Honestly if you are giving him bad reviews, you more than likely did not attend his lectures regularly. He tells you EXACTLY what he expects and wants. Easy "A"... pay attention and show up to class...

4/4/13

enc1101

I agree that he takes FOREVER to grade assignments but as far as everything else goes he was a great teacher. very clear on the assignments, very lenient and let us turn in assignments late. gave us useful feedback and was very passionate when teaching. gives a lot of essays but they are simple.

3/21/13

ENC1101

I would not recommend simply because he takes forever to grade papers and so you do not know your grade for months! I took him as an online class and there's generally no feedback from him. Other than that, the assignments are laid out for you from day one, many of them include peer review. His grading is also pretty harsh.

1/14/13

ENC1101

DO NOT. I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE PROF.CALLE. He is rude & not very understanding to students with extenuating circumstances. I'm an excellent writer & an A student, yet I got a C! He is always talking about politics & make us write about it! I took him while in dual enrollment. His class dropped my GPA! Pick your classes early to avoid taking him!

12/30/12

ENC0025

if you actually want to learn and be prepared for the next level of English do not take him!!! he is very unclear. he do not teach you anything. you write essays on ridiculous topics and he talks all day about nothing. you spend money on a text book that you don't use. WORST TEACHER I EVER HAD!!!!!!

11/29/12

ENC0028

Not clear with instructions at all. I didnt know my grade for a while. I went into the class and left the class with the same basic knowledge of english, that's terrible. That is probably the biggest flaw, you don't learn anything. No text book or homework. No test. Just essays and exam/mylabsplus. No learning.

11/18/12

ENC1101

Takes two years to grade a assignment. Not sure on what grade to expect.

10/15/12

ENC0025

He's a pretty easy professor. He does take writing and grammatical errors very seriously. His directions and assignments are not very clear. He tends to make awkward jokes and no one seems to laugh, which makes it more awkward. You do a lot of team reviews and such. Overall easy class, he begins each class with a music video from youtube.

8/7/12

ENC1101

Prof C seemed nice and helpful at first. His directions were very unclear, I would e-mail him asking to clarify and he would answer relatively quickly. As the class went on i lost communication with him entirely. It seemed to me he hadn't even logged on for weeks. Collaborative activity partners weren't assigned, and idk what grade to expect.

5/9/12

ENC1101

Great teacher. He 's not one of the best but u will definitely get an A if you do your assignments. He also accepts late assignment. Sometimes, he takes him several months to grade an assignment. Take him and you'll get an A!

1/25/12

ENC1101

He is a great teacher, if you think his classes are hard then your clearly not putting in the effort. This is the second class I've had with this Professor and it's the only class where I know if I have a problem he's not going to fail me, he would try to help out to the best of his ability.

1/9/12

ENC1101

I honestly think he was a great professor. Extremely helpful and makes himself available to anyone needing assistance. Once you take the work seriously, and do the assignments as required, you should do well.

10/22/11

ENG1101

I had never taken an online class prior to Professor Calle's class. I am SHOCKED to see that he has such a low rating! Based on his communications via email, he has a GREAT sense of humor, is encouraging and is very quick to respond should you have a question. I wish all of my Professors were more like him.

10/18/11

LIT2310

I have always considered myself a prolific writer, and the grades on my college papers have reflected that over time. This teacher, however gave me a 75 on a literary critique for his sci-fi literature course. Someone else who I know is a proficient writer also got an 80; put simply, Calle is a harsh judge, and gives no reasons for a low score.

More English professors at Broward College (all campuses)

1.7