Naelys Diaz Luna at Florida Atlantic University

Naelys Diaz Luna

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/6/14

SOW4403

Extremely strict, my classmates skipped class rather than walk in a bit late and get chewed out. Don't schedule courses back to back if you have her. She never ended class on time & made people late for their next class. Wish they would hire more social work professors, our options are too limited.

6/26/13

sow 3302

QUESTIONABLE GRADING!!! Does not have a set grading standard

8/17/12

sow4300

i took her over the summer, without buying the textbook and passed her class. her lectures are very detailed. she is a very nice and smart person!

8/15/12

SOW4300

Word of advise do not take her over the summer. You would have to cram a lot of the information she is teaching in your head. Also with taking the summer class there is not enough time for you to do a lot of role play and practice. But other then that Diaz is a great professor that will teach you all she can. I would definitely take her again.

11/19/11

SOW4650

She's strict, but she's one of the best social work professors teaching. If you truly care about your major, I recommend taking her. She will teach you what you need to know. I especially am grateful for the in-classroom practice with fellow classmates that she utilizes.

3/29/11

SOW3232

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

9/6/10

SOW3202

Dr. Diaz is a strict professor because she wants her students to be successful. She provided ne the support and confidence I needed as a returning student. I would have never prsented a power point if Dr. Diaz hadn't pushed me; keeping saying I know that you can do it. The paper was hard but I learned how to write APA thanks to Dr. Diaz.

8/25/10

sow3302

Midterm and final exams are easy if you study, very fun entertaining class, but the paper weighs a lot in this class. If u are use to earning A's and B's on your papers, don't expect to get those grades in this class unless you make sure you have the best editor in the world critique your paper before you turn it in to her.

12/8/09

sow3302

loved her! very entertaining, very helpful, and funny! she is intimidating at first but she is very nice! she is however very detailed but if you follow instructions you'll do great. if your lazy she is not someone you wanna take, if ur down to learn she is THE ONE! mid and final r easy! def. recommend her! goodluck!

12/8/09

SOW3302

If you are planning on becoming a social worker, this teacher is the one to take. She is really not that hard at all!I laughed when I saw these comments after taking her class. She seems intimidating at first but she is really helpful and super-easy. I took her for profession of social work. She practically gives you the answers. :)

11/3/09

SOW3302

STAY AWAY...SHE'S EGOTISTICAL & CONDESCENDING. She laughed at us the first day when she asked about our goals. Alot of us said to get an "A" and she laughed. Only wants to show off her knowledge.

8/15/09

SOWSOW

Three years at FAU and she is still my favorite teacher. She is hard on you because she wants you to really understand everything. Most passionate professor I know. She's fair and you get the grade you deserve. Never passes up an opportunity to help you if you don't understand. Makes boring subject matter bearable.

8/14/09

SOW4403

I hated this class. But Dr. Diaz is a great teacher. For Research Methods of Social Work, there's a lot of information. She gave a quiz 0f 40 questions, then the midterm two weeks later, and the same with the final. It sounds like a lot, but after studying the quiz, I passed. She tells you what you need to know. Just study and pay attention.

6/10/09

sow4300

Dr. Diaz is a great teacher. I am also taking her NOW.. she is very strict but the effort put in to the class is worth it. I have taken 2 classes with, and obtained very good grades. You have to work hard to get an A but it's possible. She is full of knowledge and love what she does... EXTREMELY RECOMMEND HER IF YOU WANT TO BE A GOOD SOCIAL WORKER

6/9/09

SWP1

I am taking her NOW and I should have litsen to the other people who said she was HARD, young and had something to PROVE....I am NOT a LAZY student and I do not ever miss a class..I always get A and B...Untilt Diaz...She is something else...I think she wrote her own comments on here saying "That she is great Professor" Take my advice "STAY AWAY"

8/24/08

sow4401

Diaz was an extremely great professor. If you are lazy, don't take her. She challenges you, and you get out of the class as much as you put in. She cares a great deal about her students and genuinely wants her students to be passionate about the profession. She gives ample opportunities to clarify ideas or help you in areas you may be weak in.

6/6/08

SOW4300

SOW 3202 and SOW 4300 She is hard, but if you want to learn take her. She takes time to make sure students know how to do their work. I had her twice, by choice. First time I was afraid, but now I know she is a good teacher even when it is almost imposible to get an A in her class. Lots of writing.

5/3/07

sow4300

She is a TOP NOTCH PROFESSOR anyone who wants to learn about social work, take her. She is tough because she has pride for her profession, BUT she is FAIR. What you put into her class will determine your grade. You will learn and have fun. If you want to be sucessful in your career, take her class, the challenges were worth IT!!!

4/29/07

SOW4300

I really enjoyed this class. Her lectures were engaging and interesting. She encouraged class discussion. She is a kind of a tough grader on written assignments, but not completely rediculous for an upper level class. I would definitely take another class with her.

4/13/07

SOW4300

She grades really hard and her expectations are really high. I won't advise anyone to take any of her classes. She is not helpful in fully explaining assignments.

More Social Work professors at Florida Atlantic University