in Florida Atlantic University that teach Social Work Edit
Naelys Diaz Luna
Professor in the Social Work department
at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
are you Naelys Diaz Luna?

05/08/2014
good
SOW4403 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Loved her and the class. The saying goes never judge a book by its cover and I went into this course with a preconceived notion. They were totally wrong. She is strict when it comes to attendance but she is very knowledgeable and kept the class interesting. If your a slacker looking for handouts this isn't the course for you.

02/06/2014
good
SOW4403 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Extremely strict, my classmates skipped class rather than walk in a bit late and get chewed out. Don't schedule courses back to back if you have her. She never ended class on time & made people late for their next class. Wish they would hire more social work professors, our options are too limited.

06/26/2013
sow 3302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

QUESTIONABLE GRADING!!! Does not have a set grading standard

08/17/2012
good
sow4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i took her over the summer, without buying the textbook and passed her class. her lectures are very detailed. she is a very nice and smart person!

08/15/2012
good
SOW4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Word of advise do not take her over the summer. You would have to cram a lot of the information she is teaching in your head. Also with taking the summer class there is not enough time for you to do a lot of role play and practice. But other then that Diaz is a great professor that will teach you all she can. I would definitely take her again.

11/19/2011
SOW4650 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's strict, but she's one of the best social work professors teaching. If you truly care about your major, I recommend taking her. She will teach you what you need to know. I especially am grateful for the in-classroom practice with fellow classmates that she utilizes.

03/29/2011
SOW3232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

09/06/2010
good
SOW3202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Diaz is a strict professor because she wants her students to be successful. She provided ne the support and confidence I needed as a returning student. I would have never prsented a power point if Dr. Diaz hadn't pushed me; keeping saying I know that you can do it. The paper was hard but I learned how to write APA thanks to Dr. Diaz.

08/25/2010
sow3302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Midterm and final exams are easy if you study, very fun entertaining class, but the paper weighs a lot in this class. If u are use to earning A's and B's on your papers, don't expect to get those grades in this class unless you make sure you have the best editor in the world critique your paper before you turn it in to her.

12/08/2009
good
sow3302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

loved her! very entertaining, very helpful, and funny! she is intimidating at first but she is very nice! she is however very detailed but if you follow instructions you'll do great. if your lazy she is not someone you wanna take, if ur down to learn she is THE ONE! mid and final r easy! def. recommend her! goodluck!

12/08/2009
good
SOW3302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you are planning on becoming a social worker, this teacher is the one to take. She is really not that hard at all!I laughed when I saw these comments after taking her class. She seems intimidating at first but she is really helpful and super-easy. I took her for profession of social work. She practically gives you the answers. :)

11/03/2009
SOW3302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

STAY AWAY...SHE'S EGOTISTICAL & CONDESCENDING. She laughed at us the first day when she asked about our goals. Alot of us said to get an "A" and she laughed. Only wants to show off her knowledge.

08/15/2009
good
SOWSOW Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Three years at FAU and she is still my favorite teacher. She is hard on you because she wants you to really understand everything. Most passionate professor I know. She's fair and you get the grade you deserve. Never passes up an opportunity to help you if you don't understand. Makes boring subject matter bearable.

08/14/2009
good
SOW4403 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I hated this class. But Dr. Diaz is a great teacher. For Research Methods of Social Work, there's a lot of information. She gave a quiz 0f 40 questions, then the midterm two weeks later, and the same with the final. It sounds like a lot, but after studying the quiz, I passed. She tells you what you need to know. Just study and pay attention.

06/10/2009
good
sow4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Diaz is a great teacher. I am also taking her NOW.. she is very strict but the effort put in to the class is worth it. I have taken 2 classes with, and obtained very good grades. You have to work hard to get an A but it's possible. She is full of knowledge and love what she does... EXTREMELY RECOMMEND HER IF YOU WANT TO BE A GOOD SOCIAL WORKER

06/09/2009
SWP1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I am taking her NOW and I should have litsen to the other people who said she was HARD, young and had something to PROVE....I am NOT a LAZY student and I do not ever miss a class..I always get A and B...Untilt Diaz...She is something else...I think she wrote her own comments on here saying "That she is great Professor" Take my advice "STAY AWAY"

08/24/2008
good
sow4401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Diaz was an extremely great professor. If you are lazy, don't take her. She challenges you, and you get out of the class as much as you put in. She cares a great deal about her students and genuinely wants her students to be passionate about the profession. She gives ample opportunities to clarify ideas or help you in areas you may be weak in.

06/06/2008
good
SOW4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

SOW 3202 and SOW 4300 She is hard, but if you want to learn take her. She takes time to make sure students know how to do their work. I had her twice, by choice. First time I was afraid, but now I know she is a good teacher even when it is almost imposible to get an A in her class. Lots of writing.

05/03/2007
good
sow4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a TOP NOTCH PROFESSOR anyone who wants to learn about social work, take her. She is tough because she has pride for her profession, BUT she is FAIR. What you put into her class will determine your grade. You will learn and have fun. If you want to be sucessful in your career, take her class, the challenges were worth IT!!!

04/29/2007
good
SOW4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this class. Her lectures were engaging and interesting. She encouraged class discussion. She is a kind of a tough grader on written assignments, but not completely rediculous for an upper level class. I would definitely take another class with her.