in Truman State University that teach Languages Edit
at Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
are you Sana Camara?

12/19/2013
good
FREN 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Camara doesn't go the extra mile. He's willing to teach students, and if you're willing to learn he can be really helpful, but most days he just lectures and leaves. You need to ask questions or go to his office hours if you want to learn a lot. Easy A class - research is his passion, not teaching.

04/29/2013
Fren 221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Camara is a nice guy, but the class is not well laid out. You don't learn a lot if you have taken previous French, but he is very helpful. It was neat to have a native French speaker, but sometimes I think things were lost in translation.

11/27/2012
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I found his class to be a very good experience because his native language is french. He was not always clear in his teachings and it is sometimes hard to ask him questions because I feel he didn't understand the questions at times. He also mumbles a lot. But overall, I enjoyed his class and I thie person.

10/24/2012
FREN425 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fren grammar/phonology: I found Samara nice and willing to help- if I made a sincere effort to get help. He let me off really easy on my grade in this class though. I had not taken French for a year and it was hard because we did ALL the tenses. I liked the phonology part a lot. He is a very interesting person, and I think he has a lot going on.

10/24/2012
good
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I really liked Camara. He is my favorite French professor at Truman. He was intimidating at first, but if you actually try to talk to him he is very nice. I think outside of teaching is very interesting. I had to go to his office hours a lot, and he was helpful. I took this class two years ago and he still says hi to me every time he sees me.

12/22/2010
FR220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Alright professor. Terrible person. Has no sense of empathy. Two weeks of class are spent watching movies. Dismisses class 5-10 min early on most days. Tests are not bad if u study a bit. But he does not even allow university-excused absences. Unclear syllabus and unclear expectations.

08/10/2010
good
Fren221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed Camara's class. He does mumble some and does seem intimidating at times, but overall he is a really nice guy. I'm actually taking French Lit with him this semester, too. Just do your work and pay attention and you'll do fine!

05/11/2010
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fairly easy french class. He does talk quietly which can be frustrating at times. Nice guy if you talk to him one on one, but seems intimidating in class. Tells you what will be on the test. Most classes are spent doing practice grammar sentences(endless packets) for the section you are on.

03/26/2009
FREN120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really liked this professor. I had no prior French experience and I got an easy A. Yeah, he mumbles a bit and his English isn't great, but he's a really nice guy and willing to try to help you if you ask. He basically gives you the test in advance and there's not much homework. He is a little intimidating, but I definitely recommend him.

08/15/2008
FREN220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Wow. I hated this class. His teaching style is basically him writing french things on the board while mumbling to himself, and expecting us to know what they mean. I was lost the entire time. Tests aren't too bad, really easy grader on your writing. But very scary guy.