in Truman State University that teach Languages Edit
at Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
are you Sana Camara?

11/11/2014
good
221 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Clear grading criteria"

Camara can be a little hard to understand at times, but if you ask for help he is more than willing. As long as you try your best he is very understanding and will help you.

12/19/2013
good
FREN 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Camara doesn't go the extra mile. He's willing to teach students, and if you're willing to learn he can be really helpful, but most days he just lectures and leaves. You need to ask questions or go to his office hours if you want to learn a lot. Easy A class - research is his passion, not teaching.

04/29/2013
Fren 221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Camara is a nice guy, but the class is not well laid out. You don't learn a lot if you have taken previous French, but he is very helpful. It was neat to have a native French speaker, but sometimes I think things were lost in translation.

11/27/2012
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I found his class to be a very good experience because his native language is french. He was not always clear in his teachings and it is sometimes hard to ask him questions because I feel he didn't understand the questions at times. He also mumbles a lot. But overall, I enjoyed his class and I thie person.

10/24/2012
FREN425 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fren grammar/phonology: I found Samara nice and willing to help- if I made a sincere effort to get help. He let me off really easy on my grade in this class though. I had not taken French for a year and it was hard because we did ALL the tenses. I liked the phonology part a lot. He is a very interesting person, and I think he has a lot going on.

10/24/2012
good
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I really liked Camara. He is my favorite French professor at Truman. He was intimidating at first, but if you actually try to talk to him he is very nice. I think outside of teaching is very interesting. I had to go to his office hours a lot, and he was helpful. I took this class two years ago and he still says hi to me every time he sees me.

12/22/2010
FR220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Alright professor. Terrible person. Has no sense of empathy. Two weeks of class are spent watching movies. Dismisses class 5-10 min early on most days. Tests are not bad if u study a bit. But he does not even allow university-excused absences. Unclear syllabus and unclear expectations.

08/10/2010
good
Fren221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed Camara's class. He does mumble some and does seem intimidating at times, but overall he is a really nice guy. I'm actually taking French Lit with him this semester, too. Just do your work and pay attention and you'll do fine!

05/11/2010
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fairly easy french class. He does talk quietly which can be frustrating at times. Nice guy if you talk to him one on one, but seems intimidating in class. Tells you what will be on the test. Most classes are spent doing practice grammar sentences(endless packets) for the section you are on.

03/26/2009
FREN120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really liked this professor. I had no prior French experience and I got an easy A. Yeah, he mumbles a bit and his English isn't great, but he's a really nice guy and willing to try to help you if you ask. He basically gives you the test in advance and there's not much homework. He is a little intimidating, but I definitely recommend him.

08/15/2008
FREN220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Wow. I hated this class. His teaching style is basically him writing french things on the board while mumbling to himself, and expecting us to know what they mean. I was lost the entire time. Tests aren't too bad, really easy grader on your writing. But very scary guy.

07/02/2007
FREN120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

know the study guide he gives you before the test and it will be smooth sailing. she doesnt speak very good english. it would have been a hard class if i had no experience in french prior to this class. i would suggest him if you have some experience. show that you care and are willing to work and he will give you a good grade.

04/27/2007
FREN221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Doesn't explain things well and doesn't understand why students can't speak french as well as he can. Really intimidating guy. Scared the crap out of me. Kind of easy class, though because he tells you exactly what's on the test.

03/31/2006
120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

camara's tests are cake. his mannerisms in class while we were reading dialogs were hilarious. he's a so-so teacher.

12/21/2005
FREN 120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He doesn't speak English very well and he knows that. He tells you exactly what to study before the tests. If you don't know any french before taking the class you may have some trouble, otherwise its a pretty easy class. Also he's a real nice guy.

11/04/2005
FREN 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He gave us all the questions on the test beforehand, so that was good, but otherwise, he doesn't seem to like teaching French Lit. Hardly any outside work, lets class out early, but he flat-out doesn't seem to care. One of the most impersonal profs I've ever had. And yeah, he mumbles.

10/18/2005

It's midterm, I have no idea what kind of grade I have in the class. There is virtually no homework. Papers we handed in about a month ago are the only assignment, except he hasn't graded them yet. He's just VERY unorganized.

10/04/2005

He mumbles!

12/16/2004
French 120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Speaks quietly. Sometimes isn't good at explaining things, but always tells you what will be on his tests

12/14/2004
Elem. French Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He has trouble with the english language. If you already know some french, this is the class for you. I basically learned enough french to get me through the semester, from my tutor, and then switched to spanish. Best Wishes!