Anna Klosowska at Miami University

Anna Klosowska

Number of ratings 17 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/12/12

FRE131

This class seems intimidating at first, but she allows notes on quizzes and tells you what to study for the midterm. Grade mostly based on papers. She talks an incredible amount about sex which is a little awkward. She talks about all the readings during class and knows soooo much random stuff it's ridiculous. Know when the great plague was.

4/12/12

FRE131

In FRE 131 she is pretty easy. She lets you use notes for all of the quizzes and tells you what to study for the midterm. You do have to write a lot of papers but if you work with the TA you are pretty much guaranteed a A- on them. Most of class is her talking about the stories you read. You definitely need the book for this class.

7/5/11

FRE202

Real disappointment. I love French, and she ruined it. Her idea of teaching was having us partner up and do textbook exercises. It's super easy to get an 'A', but if you have to go past 202, taking her is a bad decision. I had to take 310, and I really felt how behind I was because I learned nothing in her class. Not super nice, either. AVOID.

4/29/11

Fre131

While she knows a lot about French literature, art, and history,her manner of teaching is not that great. She expects us to know as much as she does. Regurgitation of facts is valued over engagement with the material. Her grading is the most subjective I've seen from a prof as people with the same answers can get different grades.

3/27/10

FRE202

Because I took this to finish the College of Arts and Science language req, I took it credit/no credit. She was perfect for the last in a long series of French classes, because I didn't really have time to devote to the class, and I could've easily gotten an A. However, compared to other classes, I didn't learn much, if at all :/

12/15/09

FRE202

She's really nice and her tests and compositions are do-able.(She is an easy grader too!) Just do the work and the class really isn't that hard. I'm not that great at French and I had an A all semester. Take her!

12/12/09

FRE443

A very nice, well-meaning,abd intelligent woman that doesn't understand the art of teaching. As a French-French Education double major, I was disappointed with the almost complete lack of French and the emphasis on reading Latin and Occitan. The one thing I liked were the writing conferences after each paper. A lot of wild tangents and busy work.

11/17/09

FRE202

If you can avoid it do NOT take her class. I loved the subject before this and now I hate it. She's very rude and doesn't treat her students with respect. Her teaching isn't helpful because she just reads the vocab to us then has us work on it with a partner. This class was a disappointment and a waste of my time

10/17/09

FRE443

Like it has already been said, a brilliant woman. Yes, she does expect that everyone is as enthusiastic about the subject as she is, but that isn't unreasonable in an upper division class. If you don't understand what it is she's saying or think she's scatterbrained, you aren't intelligent enough to take the class - her thoughts are always relevant

2/25/09

FRE301

She does not grade essays as hard as my high school French teacher, but I did not enjoy her class at all. She didn't really give us much direction and expected us to have as many deep and philosophical ideas as she did. There is a lot of writing: essays, notes, tests, etc. I did well in the class but would avoid her in the future.

3/30/08

FRE431

She is a very smart person but she is just not helpful. She is so confusing!

3/30/08

FRE431

She is the worst teacher I have ever had. She pretends to be nice and helpful but she is not (she is really fake). She is not organized at all. We were supposed to work on French feminism but we studied everything but French Feminism. I did not learn anything with her. This class was a total waste of time.

12/11/07

FRE201

She is really brilliant, that is obvious, but sometimes her brilliantness gets in the way of her teaching. She really knows the subject, and she knows a lot about French culture. But she's also scatter-brained and because she's so smart, it's intimidating to ask her for help.

12/4/06

FRE202

she's a pretty ok teacher, she does get on tangents but they can be interesting. She graded very easy in my class, and the subject material was pretty easy too. In 202 she gives out a syllabus and everything is well-organized.

10/23/06

fre000

Don't understand? DON'T ask a question! Her answers will leave you more confused than before you asked. Every class is one long speech that could be titled, "What I know and why you should be impressed by me." There's no such thing as "too smart to communicate." Communication is part of being smart and part of her job. Avoid her.

6/11/06

FRE 131

Very unclear because it seems like she knows so much she doesn't know how to explain it in a way we will understand. The class was just unorganized and hard to follow because she can just ramble on for hours giving you so much information that when it comes time to take a test, you have no idea what you actually need to know for it.

5/2/06

FRE 131

VERY UNCLEAR, DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO STUDY AND WHEN YOU ASK SHE WILL NOT TELL YOU, VERY SPECIFIC AND HARD GRADER

More Languages professors at Miami University