in Central Texas College that teach Philosophy Edit
at Central Texas College, Killeen, TX
are you Jack Isbell?

08/18/2014
good
PHIL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Yes, Dr. Isbell is blunt and outspoken. But he more than knows his material. He does what few have the guts to do. He makes you EARN your grage. For that Dr. Isbell, I thank you! Great class.

06/20/2014
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a a self boasting, pretentious person. He only seems to talk about his self worth and success of his business. Everyday I left confused about what Philosophy was about. I did however, love the book Archetypes of Wisdom. I learned to appreciate Philosphy on my own.

04/01/2014
good
PHIL-1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He wants to teach us how to teach ourselves. To motivate us as individuals to progress. He wants us to be more than ducks in society, and to do more than "Quack, Quack." His style of teaching isn't the norm. But in life what is normal??? He kept us on our toes, made learning interesting, & captivating. I would recommend his class to anyone!

03/21/2014
good
PHIL2303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was a real eye opener for me. Dr. Isbell is a very knowledgable instructor. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs to take philosophy.

01/24/2014
good
PHIL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The class really makes you think about life/purpose. Dr. Isbell, breaks it down to layman's terms. If you pay attention in class and write notes during discussion, you will make a good grade. Attendance is very important. He is a good instructor, best I've had so far. Dr. Isbell, really wants you to understand what Philosophy is.

01/23/2014
good
philo 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

great teacher so far i have learn a lot from him and my life has improved after taking the class he will scare you by letting you know that it will not be an easy class in the first week but honestly it is easy A

12/14/2013
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Grading is horribly inconsistent. He copies and pastes the work of other philosophers into his announcements and responses to students. He does not have a degree in philosophy, but theology. He does not respond to students by email for up to a week. His syllabus is confusing and has different due dates for assignments.

12/14/2013
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His course had three different due dates for the midterm. He had no explanation for how assignments were supposed to be done and no rubric for how they would be graded and then assigned arbitrary grades for discussion board questions. He does not have a degree in philosophy and plagiarizes professional journals in his responses to students.

12/13/2013
good
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A-

Dr Isbell was the best instructor I have had. Not an easy class by any means, but well worth the effort. He will likely offend every belief you hold true the very first day of class. Try not to take it personally hang in there, it will all start to make sense a few weeks into the class. I learned a lot and highly recommend the class.

12/12/2013
good
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he is an amazing professor. If you are ready to learn and change, he s the teacher you want. This class will change you for the better. If you give it 100% then you will love it. I recommend to anyone who has to take philosophy.