Zoltan Fischer at Minneapolis Community and Technical College

Zoltan Fischer

Number of ratings 30 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/9/13

MATH 1180

This guy is slow and blundering. He is an extremely poor speaker, and just plain boring to boot. If you're not falling asleep from his disjointed lectures, you'll be scratching your head at his inconsistent teaching regimen. Encourages note taking, but write sloppy notes. Would not recommend to anyone.

7/6/13

MATH-70

I say this class is moderately easy because it is passable, you just need to use your resources. The learning center and the book were my tools, I received a good grade, but be prepared to spend 10-15 hours a week studying.

5/15/13

MATH 1110

this dude is teh worst teacher of all time. i had a great teacher for math 80, so i was hoping to have a great teacher for college algebra, but this dude is the worst. i tried to stick it out, but ended up failing. worst decision of my life to not jus withdraw.

5/13/13

MATH1100

Avoid, avoid, avoid!!! Worst teacher I've ever had! I read the reviews but thought I could handle him because I'm a straight A student. I wish I'd listened! I had to drop the class!

4/10/13

MATH 0070

Fischer is the worst instructor I've ever had, he is unclear, gives little to no feed back, moves way too quickly, and if you say you need clarity he sends you elsewhere instead of investing time in his students. If you are looking for some one to just read the text book out loud to you, then take his class. My ENTIRE class averaged Cs or worse.

4/1/13

MATH 1110 11

seriously the worst teacher I have ever had. If you are looking for a patient, helpful teacher, do NOT take this course. He is absolutely awful!He will not answer your questions very well. He has never once walked away from the front of the class, and he assigns problems the class before the test and doesn't review them

1/18/13

MATH1140

going to class was literally being read the textbook aloud.

12/6/12

math1110

Do not take his class. Single worst math teacher I've ever had. He doesn't explain things well and for the first time in my math career I can say there were things on the tets that we never learned. I'm generally a B average in all math classes I've ever had and I couldn't follow him at all.

8/15/12

Math1110

His College Algebra class was hard. I pretty much had to teach myself everything with the help of the Students Solution Manual. I very much like this professor though. His teaching style and grading curve all worked for my benefit. Received an A.

7/18/12

MATH1120

I like him. I know many people don't and he's a love/hate instructor. I took trigonometry with him and I had a good experience. He's at the very least interesting if you're into the history of how things were discovered. He's also willing to work with you out of class and was very helpful. I took the class over summer. Hard class, good prof.

20502713
5/2/12

MATH1110

He rambles so much, and has a weird habit of repeating his last two or three words. Very difficult to follow along or pay attention. Very boring teacher.

4/27/12

MATH0070

Good teacher with an interesting sense of humor and a very simple, easy class to take. I never showed up except to take the tests. All of the stuff was review for me though. He is more than willing to help you out in or outside of class.

4/13/12

Calc1180

Fischer is the best math teacher I have ever had. With that being said though it is the hardest class I have taken. He has a very good teaching method that I haven't seen any other instructor come close to matching. He thoroughly explains methods and theories that you learn in class even going into the history, the why and the how.

10/29/11

math1140

His explanations for reasoning are unclear and he rambles for most of the class period. Not interested in student's point of view.

10/17/11

Math75

I just didn't found Mr.Fischer way of teaching helpful at all. I wouldn't recommend to take his classes at all. Unless you already know what he will be teaching and you going there for a grade of an A.

5/12/11

math1140

I had statistics with him. Not a good experience. He literally told us to read the book multiple times.Very unclear about expetations. Spent more time on this 3 credit class than I did in a 4 credit managerial accounting. Not recomended especially if you are an ESL student. He hand writes his tests and the wording is very confusing.

4/30/11

Math1190

Class was him reading textbook outloud and assigning ungraded problems from the book, so that undoubtedly he wouldn't have to go through the work to grade them, and was unbearable intolerable to attend. Also he tooks 4+ weeks to return a paper. Lazy and uninterested in teaching. Wrote hand written illegible photocopied tests moments before class

11/3/10

math1140

I think Prof. Fischer is great - I'm learning a lot. He seems to really care about teaching. Only drawback is that he takes forever to return papers and tests.

10/11/10

MATH1110

He is a horrible communicator, avoid this class if possible. He hand writes his test moments before class, and sometimes makes mistakes that must be corrected mid-test. I am ordinarily good at math - straight A's and he finds a way to make things I understand sound confusing. This guy absolutely should not be teaching.

10/4/10

Math75

Not Recommended he is a lousy presenter he never helped me he just sent me to see tutors i have always gotten a's in math classes but after his class i just feel so stuck and like i didn't learn anything he sucks please don't get registered in his class English is a second language to him awful.

More Mathematics professors at Minneapolis Community and Technical College