in Arizona State University that teach Journalism Edit
Professor in the Journalism department
at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
are you Xu Wu?

11/12/2013
86515 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wish this were a positive review. Had him the sem. he came back from his sabbatical, and he seemed disorganized and appeared to not understand the research assignment. I would ask for help/clarification only to have him change the requirements several times. He's a genuine guy and cares about the field. Maybe he needs to get back into the rhythm.

05/19/2011
good
jmc415 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Got used to his accent quickly- He applies PR to the real world, makes it interesting. Gives good examples in powerpoints to base all assignments on. I created a portfolio that I can present to future employers. Very pleased with this professor and how he made me view public relations in the professional world.

12/11/2009
JMC310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

All the lecture are on BB. There is a midterm and Final and 3 assignments throughout the semester. Attendance is not mandatory but he sometimes takes attendance to give out a few points. Study guides are very helpful, but very hard tests.

05/10/2009
good
jmc310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hilarious,personable and actually has great slideshows! It's an honor to be instructed by him!

04/24/2009
good
JMC417 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Wu has made going to PR classes enjoyable. PR classes are just filled with the same things over and over again. Dr.Wu brings in real world examples and encourages debate in his classes. His classes are of the few PR classes that allow you to engage in conversation

02/02/2008
good
JMC310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Easy-going guy, with a lot of real world examples. Kind of fun. Study guides are useful and all lectures posted on BB.

05/04/2007
good
JMC270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love professor Wu! I didn't have a hard time understanding him at all. If you go to class and pay attention its not a problem. Also the study guides are basically the tests! I recommend him!

04/03/2007
JMC270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take this class from another professor, even if you have to wait a semester. I really LOVE PR, but this class is so boring! All he does is read slides from the book, and he is very hard to understand (and easy to tone out). There are only 2 exams which are not that difficult, but it is A LOT of material to study.

12/14/2006
good

I actually really enjoyed this class. It is a lot of work, but you learn a WHOLE lot about PR! The grading is: 15% participation (class discussion & quizzes), 60% two exams, 20% team assignment, and 5% peer evaluation. I would definitely recommend Professor Wu. He knows the material very well and definitely helped me learn a lot about PR.

05/16/2006
JMC 270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class was horrible! I was so excited to take it because I love PR, but it was SO boring I could barely get myself to go to class - which sucked because he graded attendance. He doesn't speak very well english either, and it was hard to understand him. He's a nice guy - just not ready to be a teacher.

05/13/2006
JMC270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take this class from another professor. He makes what should be a pretty interesting class into most boring class ever because you cant understand him when he talks and attendence is mandatory so it really sucks. There is way too much group work. Grading was unfair in my opinion.