in Truman State University that teach Communication Disorders Edit
Professor in the Communication Disorders department
at Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
are you Janet Gooch?

07/29/2011
CMDSany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gooch is clearly very knowledgeable, but she does not excel at sharing her knowledge. Directions are often unclear and can change from day to day.

02/02/2011
good
CMDS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gooch is one of the most competent and challenging teachers I have met at Truman thus far. She wants you to think and analyze what you have learned, not just recite answers from a book. Although the class wasn't easy, I learned so much in this class which will give me a strong base in the rest of my studies.

12/21/2010
good
CMDS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class taught me how to study. It was very hard, especially in comparison to intro taught by Andrea Richards (so I've heard) but, she's a great teacher; she's clear and concise, she doesn't mess around, she's helpful, and she pushes you. You'll have a firm foundation of communication disorders after this class.

05/01/2010
CMDS477 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Such a hard class! Gooch teaches you through intimidation and discouragement. Lectures were theatrical performances and tough to follow. Be careful asking valid questions, Gooch will still roll her eyes and look at you like you're an idiot. Avoid her at all costs and you'll save yourself a lot of unnecessary stress.

12/26/2009
good
JINS372 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I thought this was a good JINS class. it isn't offered every semester, but I really enjoyed it. Her class was Communication and the Face and I think the class was interesting if a bit tedious. We did more research on the subject than we were actually taught it class, but overall I think she is a good teacher, and she wants you to do well.

10/15/2008
good
CMDS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gooch has been my favorite Comm. Dis. professor so far. Her classes (especially intro) can be tough, but you learn a lot. Plus, you can tell she cares about her students and what she's teaching, so overall I'd say she's just a fantastic professor.

04/05/2007
good

Dr. Gooch is tough, but you learn a lot... she's pretty nice too, she cares about her students. I'm glad I had her for Intro, even if it was a stressful class.

03/15/2007

Very tough class, but she makes you learn! It was very interesting, but she doesn't lecture on the book. I would take notes on the chapters as a way to survive. Movies and essays were interesting to connect material, but essays were harshly graded. She will help and explain information if needed, an A is possible, just be prepared to work a lot!

03/13/2007

I was really excited to be a Comm Dis Major, but the Gooch turned me off from it. She grades so hard on the tests and by the middle of the semester she never lectured anymore, we just watched movies and wrote essays on them. I had a pretty bad grade the whole semester but the last test was reallllyy easy so I ended up with a pretty good grade.

12/31/2006
good

Dr. Gooch's class was exactly what I expected a college course to be like. She's tough but fair, and she really cares about her students. Some people didn't like her because she didn't tell us exactly what was going to be on the test, but that's probably becuase she wanted us to actually learn the matieral. I loved this class and learned a ton!