in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach Computer Science Edit
at St. Petersburg College (all campuses), St. Petersburg, FL
are you Therezita Ortiz?
F

07/01/2014
CTS2106 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: F

Uses a ver. of Linux that is 5 ver. old and not 100% compatible with VMware. When I had an error downloading several service pk. she told me to send her error msg & then didn't help.Repeatedly missed assignments due to this. No help at all. You won't pass a linux cert taking this.Only prof st pete has for this class. Take it somewhere else!

03/05/2014
good
CST2321 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

For those who spent 10-15 hours/week might consider a new major. At most, maybe spent 2 hours a week, and a B. In addition there are no excuses to missing a deadline as a professional in any IT related field, period. No such thing as "make up" work. Overall good teacher. Just read the instructions and the expectations, you will have no problems.

07/16/2013
CNT1000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class over the summer! Way too much work for a single class. You can't turn in anything late even with a good reason. I had a family member in the hospital and couldn't get some assignments done and she wouldn't let me turn them in late...which resulted in me failing and having to take this class again! Take a different teacher!

09/18/2012
CIS1358 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Extremely Disorganized. Lays out what she expects, but then hides assignments under multiple layers of folders and text. No where to see exactly whats due when. I 've taken many classes and she is by far the MOST disorganized teacher I have ever had in my college studies. Avoid unless your willing to spend as long finding assignment as doing it

03/02/2012
CET1600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor is very disorganized and her grading system is terrible, its like you get 100 or nothing just because you forgot a command. Exam questions were very misleading and a lot of them didn't add up, so I left most the test blank (i think she does this on purpose). She made no sense when responding to questions I sent her. WORST PROF EVER

07/05/2011
good
CNT1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class during the summer. And if you can, take it in class, not online. WAY TOO MUCH WORK for one class, sat there for endless hours it seemed just to watch video after video after video quiz after quiz after quiz. Take whatever time estimate she gives to do this course and double it.

11/20/2010
good
CGS1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is one of the most organized teachers I've ever had. Granted I got a B and could've had an A if I worked more, but I really don't think anyone can complain. She lays out all her expectations from day 1 and as long as you do the work you'll be fine. I think the two below were probably not used to actually doing work lol

08/14/2010
good
MCS1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this class during spring 2010. I didn't work hard and got a B. If I had put forth a little effort I could have gotten a A. She a good instructor. Prompt on answering emails except weekends. She not online from 5pm Friday- 7am Monday. I highly recommend her for any class. She knows her stuff and she's very helpful.

03/21/2010
CTS2106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ortiz was timely in communications via email. It is imperative that you pay attention to her assignments. She is very clear about what she expects as a result. The instructions are sometimes a little muddy in understanding but if you pay attention you can work through it

11/20/2009
cgs1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This prof is very disorganized for grading.I understand what happened to that other kid when he or she had her homework mixed up.In order to pass with an A or B,EVERY ASSIGNMENT MUST BE 100% EXACTLY AS THE BOOK EVEN IF YOUR PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT.All-in-all,she is ok if she does not screw up your grade like the comment below.