Therezita Ortiz at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Therezita Ortiz

Number of ratings 49 / Average Grade:  F Submit a correction

7/1/14

CTS2106

Grade ReceivedF

Uses a ver. of Linux that is 5 ver. old and not 100% compatible with VMware. When I had an error downloading several service pk. she told me to send her error msg & then didn't help.Repeatedly missed assignments due to this. No help at all. You won't pass a linux cert taking this.Only prof st pete has for this class. Take it somewhere else!

3/5/14

CST2321

For those who spent 10-15 hours/week might consider a new major. At most, maybe spent 2 hours a week, and a B. In addition there are no excuses to missing a deadline as a professional in any IT related field, period. No such thing as "make up" work. Overall good teacher. Just read the instructions and the expectations, you will have no problems.

7/16/13

CNT1000

Don't take this class over the summer! Way too much work for a single class. You can't turn in anything late even with a good reason. I had a family member in the hospital and couldn't get some assignments done and she wouldn't let me turn them in late...which resulted in me failing and having to take this class again! Take a different teacher!

9/18/12

CIS1358

Extremely Disorganized. Lays out what she expects, but then hides assignments under multiple layers of folders and text. No where to see exactly whats due when. I 've taken many classes and she is by far the MOST disorganized teacher I have ever had in my college studies. Avoid unless your willing to spend as long finding assignment as doing it

3/2/12

CET1600

Professor is very disorganized and her grading system is terrible, its like you get 100 or nothing just because you forgot a command. Exam questions were very misleading and a lot of them didn't add up, so I left most the test blank (i think she does this on purpose). She made no sense when responding to questions I sent her. WORST PROF EVER

7/5/11

CNT1000

Don't take this class during the summer. And if you can, take it in class, not online. WAY TOO MUCH WORK for one class, sat there for endless hours it seemed just to watch video after video after video quiz after quiz after quiz. Take whatever time estimate she gives to do this course and double it.

11/20/10

CGS1100

This is one of the most organized teachers I've ever had. Granted I got a B and could've had an A if I worked more, but I really don't think anyone can complain. She lays out all her expectations from day 1 and as long as you do the work you'll be fine. I think the two below were probably not used to actually doing work lol

8/14/10

MCS1100

I took this class during spring 2010. I didn't work hard and got a B. If I had put forth a little effort I could have gotten a A. She a good instructor. Prompt on answering emails except weekends. She not online from 5pm Friday- 7am Monday. I highly recommend her for any class. She knows her stuff and she's very helpful.

3/21/10

CTS2106

Ortiz was timely in communications via email. It is imperative that you pay attention to her assignments. She is very clear about what she expects as a result. The instructions are sometimes a little muddy in understanding but if you pay attention you can work through it

11/20/09

cgs1100

This prof is very disorganized for grading.I understand what happened to that other kid when he or she had her homework mixed up.In order to pass with an A or B,EVERY ASSIGNMENT MUST BE 100% EXACTLY AS THE BOOK EVEN IF YOUR PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT.All-in-all,she is ok if she does not screw up your grade like the comment below.

11/20/09

cgs1100

I was disappointed.She told me I was going to pass with a C or B,but I failed with a D.She said I was missing work, and I had it saved on the disk,but she did not want to see it because it was late,and not fair to the other students.I think the prof is lazy and did not want to grade my missing work!my work could have ended up mixed up.

8/19/09

CIS2321

I took Professor Ortiz CIS 2321 over the summer and I have to admit. This class is challenging, and loaded with work. With that being said, this professor is fair, very knowledgeable and willing to work with any student requiring help. The content of this class is extremely useful for anyone working in an IT/Development environment.

7/16/09

CGS1100

Prof Ortiz is the best on-line instructor at SPC, you always know where you stand and she is understanding if there are problems. Lots of work but plenty of time to do it. This teacher runs on-line classes the way all SPC teachers should, got my money's worth with her and will use what I learned going forward.

6/26/09

CIS2321

Wow. Really hard class but it took you through the whole Systems Dev Life Cycle... ALOT of work. Almost got an F on one assignment that I spend a whole weekend on that I did and had to write an email dissertation outlining my assignment. After a week of sweating about it she wrote she was looking at the wrong person when grading.

5/18/09

CIS2321

Probably the hardest class I've taken. Extremely glad it's over. Tough grader and a lot of work. I would not recommend because you can learn without the extreme load.

5/6/09

CGS1100

I just took her for an online class and it was not easy by any means but she was very helpful and always responded to emails. Learned a lot from this class and I do recommend her for other online courses as well. If you think the computer is wrong in grading she will gladly take a look and give you the points if you are correct.

5/5/09

CNT1000

Take this entry level class CNT 1000 for an easy A! No thinking involved. Even a cave man can do it!

5/4/09

CIS2321

Very hard work for an advanced class. You will have to donate 12 hours or more a week like the other person said. Over 30+ assignments and little points for a lot of work each. She was Brash in her emails. The other person who was very rude had an entry level class.

3/20/09

compu101

Excellent teacher. She always gave you a chance . Take her classes. She really knows her stuff. I came out learning alot. My mark was only a c , because there was so much work.

3/4/09

CIS2321

I did not see any other CIS 2321 rates here for this teacher but I as a third year student the amount of work she assigns is insane. This was an online class. Never in my life had I ever spent 12 to 15 hours a week just on one class. Her email responses are also snotty. Do not take her for this course. You will have a miserable life if you do.

More Computer Science professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)