in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach Computer Science Edit
at St. Petersburg College (all campuses), St. Petersburg, FL
are you Therezita Ortiz?
C+

10/12/2014
CTS2321 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

Professor Ortiz is pretty reasonable for the most part. My two biggest complaints: she's unavailable on weekends (unless on rare occasion she's checking something), so it's difficult to get questions answered if that's the time you work on your assignments (i.e. you work full-time). She also doesn't allow late submissions unless you're very lucky.

10/11/2014
good
ISM-4320 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Would take again"

Prof. Ortiz was a very helpful teacher if you needed anything from her: when I had trouble getting some programs to run correctly, she put her two cents in, and did not penalize me for any errors. There are some great hands-on activities, as well as some other interesting assignments to choose from. This class actually was something to look fwd to.

07/01/2014
CTS2106 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: F

Uses a ver. of Linux that is 5 ver. old and not 100% compatible with VMware. When I had an error downloading several service pk. she told me to send her error msg & then didn't help.Repeatedly missed assignments due to this. No help at all. You won't pass a linux cert taking this.Only prof st pete has for this class. Take it somewhere else!

03/05/2014
good
CST2321 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

For those who spent 10-15 hours/week might consider a new major. At most, maybe spent 2 hours a week, and a B. In addition there are no excuses to missing a deadline as a professional in any IT related field, period. No such thing as "make up" work. Overall good teacher. Just read the instructions and the expectations, you will have no problems.

07/16/2013
CNT1000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class over the summer! Way too much work for a single class. You can't turn in anything late even with a good reason. I had a family member in the hospital and couldn't get some assignments done and she wouldn't let me turn them in late...which resulted in me failing and having to take this class again! Take a different teacher!

09/18/2012
CIS1358 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Extremely Disorganized. Lays out what she expects, but then hides assignments under multiple layers of folders and text. No where to see exactly whats due when. I 've taken many classes and she is by far the MOST disorganized teacher I have ever had in my college studies. Avoid unless your willing to spend as long finding assignment as doing it

03/02/2012
CET1600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor is very disorganized and her grading system is terrible, its like you get 100 or nothing just because you forgot a command. Exam questions were very misleading and a lot of them didn't add up, so I left most the test blank (i think she does this on purpose). She made no sense when responding to questions I sent her. WORST PROF EVER

07/05/2011
good
CNT1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class during the summer. And if you can, take it in class, not online. WAY TOO MUCH WORK for one class, sat there for endless hours it seemed just to watch video after video after video quiz after quiz after quiz. Take whatever time estimate she gives to do this course and double it.

11/20/2010
good
CGS1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is one of the most organized teachers I've ever had. Granted I got a B and could've had an A if I worked more, but I really don't think anyone can complain. She lays out all her expectations from day 1 and as long as you do the work you'll be fine. I think the two below were probably not used to actually doing work lol

08/14/2010
good
MCS1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this class during spring 2010. I didn't work hard and got a B. If I had put forth a little effort I could have gotten a A. She a good instructor. Prompt on answering emails except weekends. She not online from 5pm Friday- 7am Monday. I highly recommend her for any class. She knows her stuff and she's very helpful.

03/21/2010
CTS2106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ortiz was timely in communications via email. It is imperative that you pay attention to her assignments. She is very clear about what she expects as a result. The instructions are sometimes a little muddy in understanding but if you pay attention you can work through it

11/20/2009
cgs1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This prof is very disorganized for grading.I understand what happened to that other kid when he or she had her homework mixed up.In order to pass with an A or B,EVERY ASSIGNMENT MUST BE 100% EXACTLY AS THE BOOK EVEN IF YOUR PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT.All-in-all,she is ok if she does not screw up your grade like the comment below.

11/20/2009
cgs1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I was disappointed.She told me I was going to pass with a C or B,but I failed with a D.She said I was missing work, and I had it saved on the disk,but she did not want to see it because it was late,and not fair to the other students.I think the prof is lazy and did not want to grade my missing work!my work could have ended up mixed up.

08/19/2009
good
CIS2321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Professor Ortiz CIS 2321 over the summer and I have to admit. This class is challenging, and loaded with work. With that being said, this professor is fair, very knowledgeable and willing to work with any student requiring help. The content of this class is extremely useful for anyone working in an IT/Development environment.

07/16/2009
good
CGS1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof Ortiz is the best on-line instructor at SPC, you always know where you stand and she is understanding if there are problems. Lots of work but plenty of time to do it. This teacher runs on-line classes the way all SPC teachers should, got my money's worth with her and will use what I learned going forward.

06/26/2009
CIS2321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Wow. Really hard class but it took you through the whole Systems Dev Life Cycle... ALOT of work. Almost got an F on one assignment that I spend a whole weekend on that I did and had to write an email dissertation outlining my assignment. After a week of sweating about it she wrote she was looking at the wrong person when grading.

05/18/2009
CIS2321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Probably the hardest class I've taken. Extremely glad it's over. Tough grader and a lot of work. I would not recommend because you can learn without the extreme load.

05/06/2009
good

I just took her for an online class and it was not easy by any means but she was very helpful and always responded to emails. Learned a lot from this class and I do recommend her for other online courses as well. If you think the computer is wrong in grading she will gladly take a look and give you the points if you are correct.

05/05/2009
CNT1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Take this entry level class CNT 1000 for an easy A! No thinking involved. Even a cave man can do it!

05/04/2009

Very hard work for an advanced class. You will have to donate 12 hours or more a week like the other person said. Over 30+ assignments and little points for a lot of work each. She was Brash in her emails. The other person who was very rude had an entry level class.