in Waubonsee Community College that teach Biology Edit
are you James Donahue?
C

06/26/2014
good
AP II Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had a hard time figuring out what was needed to pass this class. His lectures were awesome, but you have to do a lot of work on your own (read the book, presi's, etc) to do well on the qui/tests. All in all it was a good class,and he's definitely easy on the eyes.

05/13/2014
good
BIO272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Just completed his anatomy II course at Waubonsee. Jamie's class is interesting and kept my attention. His prezi's came with great healthcare stories and he doesn't read from powerpoints. His tests & quizzes can be a mind teaser. Attend all classes and take good notes, never miss a quiz- they are helpful when exam prepping. Overall I feel very fortunate to have learned from him, wish I would have taken him for A&P I.

10/31/2013
good
Bio272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Don't know about the post below, but Mr. Donahue is not arrogant. He does, though, really know anatomy and tested us beyond memorization. It's not an easy grade, but he is helpful if you ask. Work hard and you'll do OK.

10/29/2013
BIO 272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is just about the worst teacher I've ever had. He thinks he is god basically. If the first day of class you make a point to say you aren't arrogant...you probably are. He will give you a review of info at the end of each lesson but don't bother because none of it will be on the exam. The material isn't that hard but he makes it 3 times as hard.

09/04/2013
good
BIO272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is hard as hell!! He makes you think. It did seem as though everything we studied was not on the test. He was a great teacher but a hellacious test maker. I got a B... barely. I loved the guy.

08/09/2013
good
BIO 272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Donahue is an amazing teacher. He's straight to the point, and really wants you to understand the material he's presenting. I absolutely love his Prezi's rather than looking at a Power Point. Unfortunately, his test's are unpredictable, and are a real mind tease. Let's just say, YOU HAVE TO STUDY!!!! HARD!!!

05/06/2013
good
BIO125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is super hard but if you attend class and make good notes he give good examples

10/29/2012
good
Bio270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the best teachers I have ever had. The material in class is hard but he makes it enjoyable. Also, he has a nice voice to listen to.

07/19/2012
good
BIOap Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

love this guy. I actually took this class a couple of years ago, but felt compelled to write a review. Very difficult class due to its naturere, but Jamie did a great job with explainations and examples. Very down to earth guy. Labs were tough though! I got an A, but had to study almost everyday. Took this class by itself so I could focus...lol

08/21/2011
good
Bio272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher and very approachable. You can not miss one class thought or your grade suffers. It is not attendance based but there is lots of critical information that you go through. My grade dropped a letter grade because I planned a trip while in this class and had a hard time catching up. I recommend him but dont fall behind.

05/20/2011
good
BIO272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jamie is an amazing teacher and has much to share. If you want your grade spoon fed to you do not take his class. If you actually want to learn A&P and be challenged to think, this is the instructor to take. Not an easy class, but you get out what you put in. He is funny and approachable. Quizes and tests follow his lecture so pay attention.

07/30/2010
good
BIO272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This teacher def wants you to know your material... you cannot just skate by in this class. His lectures are very interesting and he really challanges you to think. I actually enjoyed his class and feel like I've come out of it knowing more than if I would have taken another teacher.

06/25/2010
good
APbio Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Jamie is a difficult teacher, but has good reason to be. The first day of class he told us if we were his daughter's nurse, he would hope we know our stuff. Jamie makes you LEARN A&P. I hadn't had a science class in 13 years and never A&P. I got a B. Just study your notes. Use your lab time and don't leave at 7:15 because you can. STUDY!!!

04/21/2010
bioAPI Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is alot of information to be crammed into the short period of time you have for this class. I am struggling with a "C" in the class and I normally have at least a "B" without studying. I enjoy his lectures. Lab is mostly on your own. But we are all adults. Show up and study and you can make it. I like the pain so I am taking 2 in the summer.

03/30/2010
good
BIO270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I both agree and disagree with the last post. At the beginning, he comes across arrogant. But, I think that's just his style. As for exams, I don't even have a book. I just use his notes and am doing fine. I hear you learn more in his class than the others.

03/20/2010

Quizzes/tests don't follow his lectures at all. And if you ask him a question, he makes you feel stupid. I would never recommend this teacher to anyone and I tell everyone who plans on taking A&P to steer clear of him.

12/22/2009
good
BIO272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Knowing this class was a pre-req for the nursing program, I expected the information to be difficult. It was. Twenty hours of study for his exams wasn't out of the question, but Mr. Donahue was always willing to help when asked.

12/21/2009
BIO102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is very knowledgeable. However, he is very cocky, belives everyone has a future goal of becoming an A&P professor. His power points have nothing to do with his quizzes.If you dont have 20 hrs of study time per week you may not pass his class. He does not make any exceptions, unless you are a favorite.

11/02/2009
good
bio272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

not an easy teacher but a very good one. failed his summer class and am retaking it now and getting an a without even studying just based on what i learned from him

09/30/2009
good

Don't be mislead by the rating below. I am sorry to hear about your father, but perhaps now is not the time to be balancing family time with his class. He is a good teacher of a difficult subject. You know what to expect (because it is in his syllabus) and he follows the rules. If he makes one exception, he'd have to do it for everyone.