in University of Nevada- Reno that teach History Edit
Elizabeth Raymond
Professor in the History department
at University of Nevada- Reno, Reno, NV
are you Elizabeth Raymond?

05/07/2013
good
HIST 404 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Raymond is a very knowledgeable professor. Her class required a lot of research and reading. What can I say, she is a firm but fair grader and this class is not for anyone just looking to side by and not put in the work. No exams!

05/15/2012
good
Hist432 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The class was alright, but there was a lot of work involved, including a large research project. She is very knowledgeable though, and is eager to help.

04/19/2012
HIST432 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Common women studies suppose to be an easy class, I don't really know what she trying to to prove by making it so difficult. She wants you to be always precise or else. Also this class have tons of research.

07/16/2010
HIST488 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a nice professor who is very smart. She definitely knows her material. The class had no tests which is a bonus, but the research paper is killer. She will assign a TON of reading. Some of it was interesting. Much of it was boring. Responses to the reading were due every week. She is a tough grader and is looking for exact info.

05/14/2010
Hist688 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I love to learn and do it from a good teacher, it was hard to do in this class since no real teaching was ever done by the "teacher".It was all self guided and something you could do on your own. Pick up and read a book about the subject, and take a where the teacher opens your eyes to something new. She was nice though, that always a plus.

05/14/2010
good
Hist488 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She would come in tell us what we were doing wrong (anything and everything, we could not win), then we would get into groups and talk about what we read, after about a half hour groups would finish then we would all talk about our ideas and thought, then it would be time to go, the crucial thing missing THE TEACHER TEACHING,

05/20/2009
good
Hist404 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am a student who works harder then the average. With this said I would take a class with Casper or another instructor. Most of the students in this course felt they could not measure to her standards. She presents fascinating material but she is not an easy grader. I disagree with some of the statements left below from another peer.

05/15/2009
good
HIST404 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Raymond was very nice and her lectures weren't hard to follow. The assignments were relatively easy but did require a couple hours of effort every week. We were not given a final exam but rather a final project and although I didn't put in as much effort as I should have I still did quite well. I highly recommend her!

06/25/2007
good
HIST432 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

How the hell did i get an "A" in this class? Half the time i was so unsure of the work i was turning in. Although, she is a very nice woman and knows a lot about women's history, and tries to help you in any way she can.

04/27/2007
good
HIST432 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She has strict guidelines but is a fair grader. She is very helpful if you ask for extra help and will look over completed work before submitting it. She is a little intimidating but very nice one-on-one

08/08/2006
Hist 432 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

AWFUL. I had her for "Women In The United States". She assigned a huge project and warned us to work on throughout the semester, and handed out guidelines. I didn't procrastinate, worked on it as told, and finished early. Then she changed the rules AFTER I had completed the project only three weeks before it was due. Had to redue the whole thing.