Elizabeth Raymond at University of Nevada- Reno

Elizabeth Raymond

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/7/13

HIST 404

Dr. Raymond is a very knowledgeable professor. Her class required a lot of research and reading. What can I say, she is a firm but fair grader and this class is not for anyone just looking to side by and not put in the work. No exams!

5/15/12

Hist432

The class was alright, but there was a lot of work involved, including a large research project. She is very knowledgeable though, and is eager to help.

4/19/12

HIST432

Common women studies suppose to be an easy class, I don't really know what she trying to to prove by making it so difficult. She wants you to be always precise or else. Also this class have tons of research.

7/16/10

HIST488

She is a nice professor who is very smart. She definitely knows her material. The class had no tests which is a bonus, but the research paper is killer. She will assign a TON of reading. Some of it was interesting. Much of it was boring. Responses to the reading were due every week. She is a tough grader and is looking for exact info.

5/14/10

Hist688

I love to learn and do it from a good teacher, it was hard to do in this class since no real teaching was ever done by the "teacher".It was all self guided and something you could do on your own. Pick up and read a book about the subject, and take a where the teacher opens your eyes to something new. She was nice though, that always a plus.

5/14/10

Hist488

She would come in tell us what we were doing wrong (anything and everything, we could not win), then we would get into groups and talk about what we read, after about a half hour groups would finish then we would all talk about our ideas and thought, then it would be time to go, the crucial thing missing THE TEACHER TEACHING,

5/20/09

Hist404

I am a student who works harder then the average. With this said I would take a class with Casper or another instructor. Most of the students in this course felt they could not measure to her standards. She presents fascinating material but she is not an easy grader. I disagree with some of the statements left below from another peer.

5/15/09

HIST404

Dr. Raymond was very nice and her lectures weren't hard to follow. The assignments were relatively easy but did require a couple hours of effort every week. We were not given a final exam but rather a final project and although I didn't put in as much effort as I should have I still did quite well. I highly recommend her!

6/25/07

HIST432

How the hell did i get an "A" in this class? Half the time i was so unsure of the work i was turning in. Although, she is a very nice woman and knows a lot about women's history, and tries to help you in any way she can.

4/27/07

HIST432

She has strict guidelines but is a fair grader. She is very helpful if you ask for extra help and will look over completed work before submitting it. She is a little intimidating but very nice one-on-one

8/8/06

Hist 432

AWFUL. I had her for "Women In The United States". She assigned a huge project and warned us to work on throughout the semester, and handed out guidelines. I didn't procrastinate, worked on it as told, and finished early. Then she changed the rules AFTER I had completed the project only three weeks before it was due. Had to redue the whole thing.

More History professors at University of Nevada- Reno