in Fairfield University that teach English Edit
at Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
are you Robert Epstein?

03/19/2014
good
EN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

My favorite professor at Fairfield, hands down. Fairytales was such an interesting class and he was so helpful. Gave me a 10 day extension on the final paper no questions asked.

05/29/2013
good
EN 142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a very interesting class. Read 3 books and stories from sourcebook & wrote 3 essays & had a final exam. Allows optional revisions for essays due 1 week after essay returned. Discussions in class helped understand the myths & legends read. Study history of Ireland&Britain for final & take notes on all powerpoints & lecture; need 4 exam

01/12/2013
good
ENfaiB Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I was very hesitant to take an English Class because I have never been strong in the subject. I got a C on my first paper, but Epstein allows rewrites for a higher grade.Go to the writing center for help, I went twice for each of the rest of the papers and got an A in the class. I had him for Fairy tales and he is one of the best Prof. I've had.

12/03/2010
EN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

While I understand that Prof. Epstein is liked by many (English Majors), he hates anyone that is not that major. He is one of the most subjective, sexually ****ed teachers I have ever had. He believes he is right in everything, and is rude to you if you do not agree with him. He plays favorites, and I do not recommend him whatsoever.

08/05/2010
EN103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Extremely frustrating. I ended up with an "A" in his fairy tales class, but the guy's an extreme feminist and doesnt like anyone who's not. He either wouldnt let me speak or interrupt me about 2 words in and tell me I was wrong or keep going with class and pretend I hadnt done anything. Gave me good grades but really bad comments on papers.

05/17/2010
good
en251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

i tried really hard on the 2 papers and got a C and a C+...i think he expects everyone to be an english major and the multiple choice portion of the tests were wicked hard! if you do the 10 response papers it will help your grade a lot though! funny guy too

06/11/2009
good
EN12X Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fairy Tale course was awesome. Im not a big english fan, but I loved the readings and discussions!

05/12/2007
good
ENchau Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Epstein was a really great professor. At first I was a little hesitant about taking a class on Chaucer, but he made discussions really engaging and fun to participate in. Extremely knowledgable and approachable. Definitely recommend taking one of his classes.

10/17/2006
good
EN12 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fairytail course: He is an awesome teacher. He doesn't lecture the class, instead you come up with themes and ideas with him. Only a few papers where you compare stories but a very fair grader. The final paper requires research but was pretty interesting if you pick the right stories.

05/02/2006
good
EN 357 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Sweetest guy ever, but I didn't like his All About Eve course. It's my own fault, when he says All about Eve he MEANS ALL ABOUT EVE! A lot of reading, in class discussion is vague and repetitive. Got fun toward the end of the semester, but either way he's a wonderfully intelligent human being!